Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

@Johnnyflash : Didn't think I'd be saying this but your more recent contributions have been informative. People are not averse to discussing the bad in crypto as much as the good if it's constructive.

I've made a fair wedge out of crypto but not in it right now as I've major concerns re. the tether timebomb. I might reconsider if this has been properly dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

i can send money a lot faster than Bitcoin, I would have to have a btc account, they would have to have a bitcoin account, then it would have to be transferred to cash or a bank account if they actually wanted to do something other than buy more crypto.

I can use western union, I can send cash from my bank account up to e1000 directly from a bank machine, I can do an intrabank transfer and it's there instantly, or in one business day for an international transfer.

I'm not speaking specifically of BTC but the argument is that when it's becokes mainstream, most people will have btc or another coin, will have the wallets that are free, transferring will take less than a second and then your family can buy what they want and no one will pay any fees.

The advantages when it takes hold (and it will) are huge and it take 10 minutes to sign up somewhere now, gets wallet, buy a coin with fiat (at this point in time) and send it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

The advantages when it takes hold (and it will) are huge and it take 10 minutes to sign up somewhere now, gets wallet, buy a coin with fiat (at this point in time) and send it

This is a big part of it. Signing up for a bank account in a different country or even in Ireland can be laborious. People sometimes don't have the required documentation to open one especially if they are renting (2 bills in your name etc etc)

Plus the monthly fees, service charges from the banks etc etc

Banks will still be needed for mortgages and loans though unless there's a Crypto lending platform out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

unkel wrote: »

+1

On a micro level, I've just installed some solar PV that will largely power (during daylight hours) the one mining rig I intend to keep long term. During night time hours, a lot of Irish electricity generation is renewable already (wind)

Can you give detail of the panels you chose please. I'm looking to solar up and would like to know how you achieved this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

seannash wrote: »
    I get it but I'm not talking about ditching blockchain technology.
    Iota for example doesn't rely on miners to update the blockchain. Any partnerships with Iota will no doubt be paying them in Fiat.
    The ICO raised vast amounts of Ethereum and Bitcoin which they no doubt turned into Fiat to pay for the associated bills in starting up a business.

IOTA isnt a great example as it's not a typical tokenised blockchain project at all - they were raising funds for their own idea (similar to ETH's ICO using BTC), they aren't and weren't ever going to use ETH as the base platform. This is what the majority of ICOs are doing with an option of transferring to a competing blockchain should it suit the token's needs better.
    Also, IOTA is aimed towards nano-transactions and a huge volume of them from a colossal base of devices but has yet to figure out how to decentralise itself using outside nodes without introducing spam tx attacks from bad actors who might want to harm IOTA's network. If they manage to do this it will be very impressive.
    The IOTA Foundation sells portions of their supply (~5% of total supply so ~$180m worth in the coffers at today's prices ) to sustain itself.
    According to IOTA their developers are so far choosing to be paid in IOTA.
    They're likely already crypto-rich - these are blockchain and cryptography devs with years of experience behind them so they'll hold IOTA until it reaches wherever they think it could go, which might be a decade-or-more-long gameplan so beyond using the recent Bosch buy-in for standard business costs there isn't as much fiat introduced as you may imagine.

TL;DR - most tokens are not launching their own base platform. You've chosen one of very very few quasi-blockchain cryptos.
    Playing devils advocate here but what do they need the community for. (This is a genuine question, I'd like to know) Yes I know it will do their reputation damage but I'm sure they can and may strike contracts with logistics and Pharma company's that wont be high profile and fly under the radar.
    What is the community comprised of? How does the token's economy work?
    Let's take BEE as an example - they want an Airbnb type system where the company's smart contract essentially acts as an escrow between two parties until both parties conclude the transaction, at which point the full amount in the contract heads to the host. If hosts cancel with short notice a portion of their escrow heads to the renter.
    Where will that token be without it's participants? Nowhere. It may die. If it gets used, it may not.
    Another great example of a utility token is NMR (I say this all the time when uttering it's name but seriously, don't buy - bad for speculators until they hit near-Kaggle size).
    Data scientists either have to buy or win NMR in order for the chance to stake their NMR on their data models (for a hedge fund) in order to win more NMR (X amount of a pool of funds that scales upwards with amount won determined by accuracy of the model when applied to the live market).
    Where would that token be without it's users? Dead. Absolutely demolished, it wouldn't exist at all if data scientists weren't buying and selling it or if the hedge fund wasn't smartly brain-draining other hedge funds of their talent.

This is one of the important aspects of any project - does the token have a use-case without which the job could not be done or without which the job would be much more expensive to get done?
    Again, looking at NMR - they're benefitting from data scientists/quants from other companies doing complex work for them in the guise of a competition. An average hedge fund typically has a small-ish team working on their algos for trading, NMR has thousands with a potential for tens of thousands and they get to skim the cream of the best results from the best scientists and reward them.
    How would they gain that benefit as easily if they didn't tokenise it? How would their market work without a token and thus without their users, methods of production, creators of value?

I dunno, it sounds like you don't really "get" utility tokens. It'll click for you at some point, but you have to stop thinking of companies strictly as dividend sharing endeavours who need to screw over their users to protect shareholders.

While company shares can be tokenised and allow much more fluidity, token economies add another layer altogether.
    I'd also question how blockchain can be used in any sort of IoT rollout in its current form. IoT devices are designed to be low power (up to 10 years on a watch battery), and to transmit tiny pieces of data using ultra narrowband networks. Certainly not able to hold a copy of a distributed ledger.
    IoT devices won't need to store whole blockchains, they'll just need to interact with one.
    To be honest; I'm even sceptical about the practicalities of using blockchain in obvious use-cases like banking, insurance, and utilities. Just not seeing it at the moment. I'd be more interested in sticking some cash into Microsoft shares to be honest. What those fúckers are doing with their Azure cloud is truly exciting.
    I'd love to hear WHY you're sceptical, as opposed simply hearing that you are for...reasons.

Agreed about Azure, sher just look at some of the things that will be allowed thanks to Azure and... Oh, what's this? Blockchain?

grindle wrote: »

I dunno, it sounds like you don't really "get" utility tokens.
    I do, but perhaps the crypto's I'm interesrted in dont conform to the standard but telling me that Iota doesn't apply to you're view is exactly like me telling you your examples dont apply to mine. Shipchain and Medicalchain are others I'm very interested in but falls into the same category as Iota. They have a token as well.

What if Numeraire paid the data analysts in Litecoin. Is there own token rendered useless?
    I understand that they are still being paid with a crypto but the community is vital for Litecoin to function due to mining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Very sharp drop in value for all cryptos in the past week btw. Another few days like this and everything which was regained since the early Feb bottom will have been lost again.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Very sharp drop in value for all cryptos in the past week btw. Another few days like this and everything which was regained since the early Feb bottom will have been lost again.
    What if any rationale can be affixed to the fall?

I do, but perhaps the crypto's I'm interesrted in dont conform to the standard but telling me that Iota doesn't apply to you're view is exactly like me telling you your examples dont apply to mine. Shipchain and Medicalchain are others I'm very interested in but falls into the same category as Iota. They have a token as well.

What if Numeraire paid the data analysts in Litecoin. Is there own token rendered useless?
    I understand that they are still being paid with a crypto but the community is vital for Litecoin to function due to mining.
    Shipchain and Medicalchain are much closer to what happens with Ethereum, they'll allow multi-faceted contracts with each facet having different push-pull effects on their token's economy and thus pricing.
    IOTA as a token is (currently) dumb, the platform is smart but (currently) limited in scope and isn't decentralised and therefore lacks the element of trust. It'll evolve beyond, it just hasn't yet.

Numeraire: it wouldn't be rendered completely useless, just much less useful. Back when the token wasn't ERC20 the data scientists had to form their own OTC trading channels to trade and it was just for staking in order to win BTC, as an ERC20 it's available on multiple exchanges, easily integrated by exchanges at their behest or by others to decentralised exchanges, and programmable within the confines of Numer.ai and Ethereum's ecosystem for reward, payment and staking mechanics or integration with the Numer.ai API so data can be fed from their server to a data scientist's programmable bot which can interact directly and appropriately with the smart contract without having to do lots of busywork.
    Parts of it's current functionality could have been mimicked by a standard database but that would require more upkeep and push more cost onto the fund than the current setup, interoperability with other ETH projects would have been much more difficult, at least up until the point Wanchain or Kyber or OmiseDEX are all up and running. Even then, that would have been less elegant/tailored-to-purpose and opens the whole rigamarole up to more points of failure.

Most tokens aren't planning to be their own chains, so it is a little unfair to include those new contenders as they're not typical of a standard blockchain startup's utility token which is what you were discussing re: a utility token startup abandoning their token or rendering it worthless by abandoning their users while still having extracted value from them and somehow still using blockchain for their service (how? Why? A private blockchain? Instantly untrustworthy and insecure so only works if the nodes are set up between companies who already trust eachother - in which case they should share a database). Expand on those points for me, I'm always hearing of scepticism but never a sounding out of why and how a company would do this considering the inherent risks.
    Any startup that does this would/should be considered a scamcoin (i.e. sells token claiming X use in Y blockchain, backtracks and makes deals which divorce the token from it's own economy, but somehow still uses Y blockchain with their token while rendering it valueless?)

• Advertisement

https://www.coindesk.com/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-ico-ads-from-june/

Really it should say that a ban is being put in place to protect investors from dubious ICOs promising major investment returns but that doesn't get clicks now does it

Also I've heard Google have investment in ripple so read into that what you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Yep making it a great time to buy again!

https://www.coindesk.com/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-ico-ads-from-june/

Really it should say that a ban is being put in place to protect investors from dubious ICOs promising major investment returns but that doesn't get clicks now does it
    I don't think this explains the recent drops thought. It is not such a major announcement that would justify mass sell-offs, and also the timing doesn't match (drops started a week ago, and Google made the announcement yesterday).
    I know it is not a very popular opinion on this thread, but I tend to think the drops are simply due to a loss of public interest in crypto (volumes are fairly low).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I don't think this explains the recent drops thought. It is not such a major announcement that would justify mass sell-offs, and also the timing doesn't match (drops started a week ago, and Google made the announcement yesterday).
    I know it is not a very popular opinion on this thread, but I tend to think the drops are simply due to a loss of public interest in crypto (volumes are frail low).

Its true that liquidity is an issue as the ordinary Joe is scared off due to the big drops since December, but the real reason is that the whales who control this market are quite happy to see BTC bounce up and down 10-20% for weeks on end. With the kind of leverage they have they can make millions without BTC ever breaking out of this range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Buttcoin taking an absolute hammering at the moment. When the tether scam blows the whole house of cards will come crashing down. I'd sell while there is some liquidity left and try and salvage something.

Don't be the doofus left hodling the can when the arse falls completely out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Buttcoin taking an absolute hammering at the moment. When the tether scam blows the whole house of cards will come crashing down. I'd sell while there is some liquidity left and try and salvage something.

Don't be the doofus left hodling the can when the arse falls completely out of it.

'Buttcoin'

...are you 12 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dQuetour

'Buttcoin'

...are you 12 ?

Buttcorn is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Market in downfall so here come the negative brigade again and lol buttcoin thats actually made my day!

Chinese new year is fast approaching,
    Happens this time every year.
    Its a good time to pump more of your hard earned into alt coins

Excellent opportunity to reduce your average fiat price per coin. Smart investors are currently buying more and hodling on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wall Street Bonuses all gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecks sake wheres the bottom, Im still well up so not starting to worry yet but this is sickening watching profits evaporate. But then again if you look at the charts Q1 is always sh1te. Wonder what the picture will be this time next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I thought Chinese new year was last month? :confused:

Buttcoin taking an absolute hammering at the moment.
    Go back to yer pint a plain and yer packet a crips!

My prediction is $6000 by April 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Google to ban crypto ads around June
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/google-bans-crypto-ads.html

papu wrote: »

Good? But not a reason for this fall.

This leveraging of HUGE amounts of funds doesn't come from small blips like that.
    Especially news that's essentially positive for the space as a whole.

ZeroThreat wrote: »

I thought Chinese new year was last month? :confused:

It was a sarcastic comment. Last time there was a crash several posts here explained it by Chinese New Year approaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-drops-8030-cryptocurrency-market-continues-slump/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The decline and dip is frightening at this stage.

Told it continues people will have to cut their losses and run

Can't keep explaining away dips as good time to buy

The decline and dip is frightening at this stage.

Told it continues people will have to cut their losses and run

Can't keep explaining away dips as good time to buy

Ok and when the stock market does it what's the outcome then?

These arent get quick rich schemes, this market is as volatile as they come. People need to stop telling other people to cut their losses and run. Cryptos are a long term investment
    Why would anyone cut losses when they should only invest what they can afford to lose?
    Which in my advice means you then leave your cryptos where they are and check back in 3 months, 6 months , 1 year
    What's the point in taking a loss on something in your mind you've already lost?

Your kind of mentality is what's caused this market to go absolutely mental for the last 5 months

• Advertisement

A falling digital assset with no associated practical use or physical asset is not not like as stock though.
    It is more like a fast devaluating fiat currency in which people are losing confidence (possibly because the state backing it is failing). I.e. something which has value *only* because people agree it does and which could be worth nothing is that agreement is lost completely. On the other hand a company owns physical assets and sells products which make money, and this give its stock intrinsic value (on top of which there can be speculation).

Not saying cryptos are all dying of course. But it is a bad idea to treat cryptos like stocks IMO.

And at least an hyperinflated fiat currency can be used as wallpaper if you failed to recognise it would never recover early enough :-) What to do with an hyperinflated digital one?

175px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

These arent get quick rich schemes, this market is as volatile as they come. People need to stop telling other people to cut their losses and run. Cryptos are a long term investment
    Why would anyone cut losses when they should only invest what they can afford to lose?
    Which in my advice means you then leave your cryptos where they are and check back in 3 months, 6 months , 1 year
    What's the point in taking a loss on something in your mind you've already lost?

Your kind of mentality is what's caused this market to go absolutely mental for the last 5 months

You're miles off.

If the value of something is going to zero...why wouldn't people cash out at 9 dollars even tho they bought at 10. Cut your losses .

It's people like you who will be left holding all the coins at the end. Hold on to the dear end. End up with a huge pile of coins worth absolutely zero fiat.

If the value of something is going to zero...why wouldn't people cash out at 9 dollars even tho they bought at 10. Cut your losses .
    Which projects are going to zero though? Have you a certain idea of which projects are going to zero? Most deserve to, some don't. I'd love to hear your detailed analysis.

This type of chat is very reminiscent of last summer, end of July. People losing the run of themselves with consistent downwards or sideways movement, forums filling with distress. I'm not sure if it's reached fever pitch yet - I think it'll go lower, but it could snap back into action on any given day.
    It's people like you who will be left holding all the coins at the end. Hold on to the dear end. End up with a huge pile of coins worth absolutely zero fiat.
    Which coins? Be specific. You think everything in crypto is headed to zero? Then you'll be shaken out. That's a good thing. This is a long term game and you're letting your emotions get in the way of the fundamentals.
    People should stop spending time on the spazzy trading sections of sites drawing memelines and spend time researching the use-cases, become inspired and get into development or figure out how their business could make use of the technology. This is what coins should be bought for anyway. Use.
    They're priced far ahead of their use and have been since last spring.
    Hopefully the panic continues and ETH reaches <$300 again, that would be delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

I see new bitcoin obituaries are out now ;)

A falling digital assset with no associated practical use or physical asset is not not like as stock though.
    It is more like a fast devaluating fiat currency in which people are losing confidence (possibly because the state backing it is failing). I.e. something which has value *only* because people agree it does and which could be worth nothing is that agreement is lost completely. On the other hand a company owns physical assets and sells products which make money, and this give its stock intrinsic value (on top of which there can be speculation).

Not saying cryptos are all dying of course. But it is a bad idea to treat cryptos like stocks IMO.

And at least an hyperinflated fiat currency can be used as wallpaper if you failed to recognise it would never recover early enough :-) What to do with an hyperinflated digital one?

175px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen.jpg

You obviously havent researched enough of the coins, some are worthless and have no value, however some and one im invested in is currently being used by stores, parking lots etc as a means of payment, just tap your phone over a QR code and boom payment made.

This in turn gives the digital asset real value, just like fiat, lots of people dont carry cash anymore and use their card or phone, this is the exact same however the coin i hold has no banking fees attached to it and is exchanged instantly anywhere in the world to anyone who has a wallet for it.

Cryptocurrencys potential is huge however only .9% of the world use it. People on this planet care about money and making and keeping as much as they can and once they see the money that can be saved for them and how easy it is to use(literally the same as fiat) it wont be long until they all switch over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bitcoin is the epitome of a get rich scheme, The only reason it become so popular is the fear of missing out.

There will be books written on how its a fine example of get rich quick scheme,

You obviously havent researched enough of the coins, some are worthless and have no value, however some and one im invested in is currently being used by stores, parking lots etc as a means of payment, just tap your phone over a QR code and boom payment made.

This in turn gives the digital asset real value, just like fiat, lots of people dont carry cash anymore and use their card or phone, this is the exact same however the coin i hold has no banking fees attached to it and is exchanged instantly anywhere in the world to anyone who has a wallet for it.
    I don't think you read/understood my post fully. I did not say none of the coins are being used, although this is what you seem to have understood. Also the fact that coins value is purely based on popular consensus to make them redeemable at that value and not due to intrinsic value - indeed just like fiat currency as I had mentioned as well - is precisely why they can't be treated like stocks as I explained.

listermint wrote: »
    Bitcoin is the epitome of a get rich scheme, The only reason it become so popular is the fear of missing out.

"epitome"? It's missing the calling cards of a get rich quick scheme tbh. Get rich quick schemes guarantee reward. When people lose interest in the idea it can just as easily be pegged as a get poor scheme, so I don't see how it can be viewed as the epitome of a get rich scheme.
    BTC only guarantees you a place in the ledger after purchasing, whether or not you get rewarded with higher purchasing power depends on adoption.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

People need to stop telling other people to cut their losses and run. Cryptos are a long term investment
    With respect, people need to stop telling anyone to do anything but DYOR. Telling people to hodl is potentially as bad advice as to cut and run.

If someone believes a dip is going to become a mini-crash then why shouldn't they cash out and wait? They might get burned but only if the decline arrests quickly and they don't get back in at where they sold.

HODL is fine too, but if the price is going to recover then there's an opportunity to buy in at a lower price if get your timing right.

Like everything, it depends on how proactive you want to be, what you believe is going to happen and how lucky you get. Hodlers can hodl. Gamblers can gamble. :)

There will be books written on how its a fine example of get rich quick scheme,

Nearly 10 years wouldn't be considered a get rich quick scheme

I don't think you read/understood my post fully. I did not say none of the coins are being used, although this is what you seem to have understood. Also the fact that coins value is purely based on popular consensus to make them redeemable at that value and not due to intrinsic value - indeed just like fiat currency as I had mentioned as well - is precisely why they can't be treated like stocks as I explained.

Apologise I did misread

"epitome"? It's missing the calling cards of a get rich quick scheme tbh. Get rich quick schemes guarantee reward. When people lose interest in the idea it can just as easily be pegged as a get poor scheme, so I don't see how it can be viewed as the epitome of a get rich scheme.
    BTC only guarantees you a place in the ledger after purchasing, whether or not you get rewarded with higher purchasing power depends on adoption.

No you are wrong, Get rich schemes never guarantee reward.

There is an implied guarantee of reward hence its coined 'a scheme'

Your definition is loose at best.

The description of a pyramid is apt in most quarters for Bitcoin trading and people will fight tooth and nail for people to not sell their shares, Its paramount that huge amount of adopters come in and stay. The huge push and the abbreviations on social media platforms and forums is a shining example of that.

If your not in you cant win...

If your not in you cant lose either.

The description of a pyramid is apt in most quarters for Bitcoin trading and people will fight tooth and nail for people to not sell their shares, Its paramount that huge amount of adopters come in and stay. The huge push and the abbreviations on social media platforms and forums is a shining example of that.

Would you not have the same argument on any stock forums online. People advising others not to sell, its a dip/correction.

Would you not have the same argument on any stock forums online. People advising others not to sell, its a dip/correction.

They are heavily regulated from top to bottom and have alot of compliance involved so no.

And you have to agree part of the large attraction of the Bit coin trading is the subversion of the regulation

• Advertisement

They are heavily regulated from top to bottom and have alot of compliance involved so no.

And you have to agree part of the large attraction of the Bit coin trading is the subversion of the regulation
    Sorry I was talking about people discussing and promoting stocks online. I'm sure right now on large online forums telling people you'd be foolish to ditch boeing stock right now.
    I guess we can split this into people who believe Crypto currencies will be adopted eventually as a form of payment and those who dont. Some very smart people have come out in support of bitcoin, some with no vested interest in it.

If your not in you cant win...

If your not in you cant lose either.
    :rolleyes:
    Dragging the auld pyramid out, cripes.
    Where's the implied guarantee of a reward for users beyond space on the chain coming from?
    Is it in the whitepaper or mentioned on the Core site? You have read the whitepaper, yes? You wouldn't talk out your hole without doing basic research, would you?
    Taken directly from bitcoin.org:
    B7FyxLP.png
    Weird. Doesn't read like something which aims to help people get rich quick. Reads like something which says "could go up or down, don't be an asshat"
    What do you think Bitcoin's purpose is or was from it's beginnings?
    There's no other reason you could possibly imagine for adoption to be paramount? Nothing beyond getting rich? Then don't buy it.

:rolleyes:
    Dragging the auld pyramid out, cripes.
    Where's the implied guarantee of a reward for users beyond space on the chain coming from?
    Is it in the whitepaper or mentioned on the Core site? You have read the whitepaper, yes? You wouldn't talk out your hole without doing basic research, would you?
    Taken directly from bitcoin.org:
    B7FyxLP.png
    Weird. Doesn't read like something which aims to help people get rich quick. Reads like something which says "could go up or down, don't be an asshat"
    What do you think Bitcoin's purpose is or was from it's beginnings?
    There's no other reason you could possibly imagine for adoption to be paramount? Nothing beyond getting rich? Then don't buy it.

Yes because this particular forum was relying on white papers for reasoning.

Ok then..... :eek:

Smyths are doing a deal on lambos for any of the shrewd day traders here who've continued to hodl this long.

445604.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

*slow clap

• Advertisement
Advertisement