Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

grindle wrote: »
    Here and now I don't think it's good for the space. It's a very big brand and it's secure due to the sheer cost of hobbling it temporarily but Blockstream have had Bitcoin hog-tied and double-fisted for a while now. I don't trust them, I don't trust their devs & I think their ethics are diametrically opposed to what Bitcoin was set up to be. Most of the Bitcoin drama of the past couple of years would have been avoided if they'd just increased blocksize sooner.
    I hadn't noticed much BTC slagging here tbh. Most are fans of it, some get sucked into the Store-of-Value meme as if it means anything and maybe that actually becomes a reality? Maybe Core and Blockstream are genuinely using that meme to Trojan Horse the original goal because if there are ever trillions of USD tied up in it they'll be able to push updates through that would earn them the governmental stink-eye nowadays.

There are governance issues in crypto in general - across the board. In the case of Bitcoin, it manifests through the blockstream monopoly. ETH is not immune from that either. Vitalik is conscious of the fact and has written about potential governance solutions. I would hope that someone can find a better approach as any one group having dominance OR a lack of a 'clean' way to move on from contentious issues detracts from the benefits of decentralised crypto.

In terms of store of value, I can't see why it can't act as one over the long haul. Whether it will or not, remains to be seen.
    Despite bitcoins problems, because it already has the most significant network effect, we have to keep watching it. Many don't like the idea of off-chain solutions. However, if LN ends up solving the scaling issue for Bitcoin, it's still in the game.

The very same to be said about ETH. Great potential but only if it overcomes it's current stumbling blocks.

Can't rule either of them out or someone building a better mouse trap in the meantime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Is there any truth in this statement:

"Bitcoin has no use value, only exchange value, and because it is has no worth in use other than what others are willing to pay for it, it is always in a bubble: these happen when prices of assets get dislodged from their fundamental value. So Bitcoin is the perfect bubble."

"Bitcoin has no use value, only exchange value, and because it is has no worth in use other than what others are willing to pay for it, it is always in a bubble: these happen when prices of assets get dislodged from their fundamental value. So Bitcoin is the perfect bubble."

For some there is and for some there isn't. It's up to you to decide for yourself. It goes back to the intrinsic value debate. How does gold have value? Some will argue that it's useful whereas crypto isn't as it can be used as jewellery or for some limited industrial uses. In reality, it's stored in vaults and for the most part, it's use case is to act as a store of value. Who gave it a value? People. Who give anything a value? How are those smelly pieces of paper in your wallet anything other than paper? Some say they're backed by force/government. They also get printed off and devalued all day every day. Additionally, public debt relative to the USD stands at some $21 trillion.
    If crypto has no redeeming qualities, then it would be fair to assume that it will fizzle out to zero shortly and never be heard of again. I suspect that won't be the case but that's a matter of speculation. Some crypto's have a finite amount - so they have built in scarcity and they can be very easily transacted from one side of the world to the other. They can be programmed to pay out upon completion of a smart contract. They offer the user the ability to store their own funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€3k hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

In terms of store of value, I can't see why it can't act as one over the long haul. Whether it will or not, remains to be seen.
    It's the newly-decided limitation to store of value which I dislike. There are tons on the /r/Bitcoin sub who'll break your balls for inferring that there should ever be space for fee-free transactions but leaving some space for it was espoused as an ideal by it's creator. They've bought the fee-market propaganda hook-line-sinker and screw the have-nots. A blockchain for rich people which Samson Mow reckons poor people shoudn't be using anyway. It's a fairly scummy ideal to force upon "the people's money". But yeah, it could work as a store of value - just not the type originally imagined and not the type I'd encourage. Imagine if Linus Torvalds decided to implement a strict demand-based fee for Linux. Ask OSS devs how that'd go.
    Bitcoin could have scaled to anywhere between 4-10 times the amount of transactions with less shítcoins scrambling into position while clogging up the space with little to no change to hashrate or centralisation unless that transaction throughput actually encouraged competition within BTC itself. Any hashrate increase or difficulty increase would be a product of that competition and so many pointless coins ("We've increased the limit to 21m+1 because that's the why!") needn't exist.
    However, if LN ends up solving the scaling issue for Bitcoin, it's still in the game.
    I don't think it'll be LN because of the invoice system on a P2P cash basis, it's very messy and requires too many large bankrolls. If you can't tip or lend without using a central source to funnel through it's a non-starter imo, but I do expect somebody'll have some Eureka! moment.
    Bitcoin has so many problems inherent due to it's conservativism. They need to correct current mining problems wrt centralisation and power-sponging - they only keep the old algo because they know it works but if hashrate keeps growing to the size of a continent? That's shameful. It's one of my least favourite of Andreas' talking points, pure whataboutism. "Yeah, but they use more, plus this is truly irrevocably yours!"
    It's a waste of energy. The network was considered secure enough at the start of last year, it's gained something like 1.5-2x in terms of theoretical transactions thanks to Segwit but consumes 14x the amount of electricity. Abysmal. The amount of energy usage per transaction growing exponentially with the price would make sense if Lightning worked well or was being used, but... Nope.
    ...someone building a better mouse trap in the meantime...
    This could well happen. Something being kept mysteriously under wraps could be well-honed and spread at speed if somebody finds an even more faultless method of grabbing business mindshare, encouraging speedy adoption and ensuring mass decentralisation.
    I can't remember which ETH core dev was talking about them recently but I recall him saying DFINITY were ETH's true competitor rather than godawful scammy shítshows like EOS. "PRAISE BE THE CONSTITUTION! Oh wait, can we change this bit? That didn't work well at all. Oopsies. NVM, only $4b in ICO funds to splurge. lol". Corporation-sucking wankfest if ever I saw one.

Anyway, DFINITY's cap based on tokens sold and supply is going to be quite high depending on their eventual distribution, same as Telegram's TON network. In the billions with nothing to show yet. $2b-ish? That's bananas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I read a lot of opinions on certain coins/projects being over valued, but very seldom are there opinions expressed on coins/projects being under valued.

What coins at present do you think are undervalued and why?....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I read a lot of opinions on certain coins/projects being over valued, but very seldom are there opinions expressed on coins/projects being under valued.

Difficult question to quantify, I'd read it as 'is the total worth of any coin worth more than its current market cap?' which then prompts the question 'when will you sell it to realise the profit'. So again this comes down to speculation as to which coins are going to jump in value and why? I'm still very interested in IOTA for its performance characteristics and ETH for its functionality (if it can get away from PoW). Both these coins have big hurdles still to overcome, but if they do, would represent great value. That's a big if though, bit like saying if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Dogecoin holding fairly well. Might convert some eth into more doge.

Bitcoin heading towards 2k and ETH for $50

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Bitcoin heading towards 2k and ETH for $50

win yourself come cred :D:pac:

post same here...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057935766

What smacl said. Although these days there's a pretty good chance his aunt could be his uncle....we're going to have to work out some new metaphors.

I don't think there's any truly undervalued project if the prices stay this low. If anything was "undervalued" for that long and had true utility that outpaced the supply it's price would be higher. We know projects are only just getting built out & whether or not any are considered valuable enough at these prices gets decided by the people who buy.
    It's getting pretty close to "sell my ass" levels though, I might have to sell some ETH for lube.

t's getting pretty close to "sell my ass" levels though, I might have to sell some ETH for lube.

I've some lube (disposable cash) if you wanna send some ETH my way :pac:

I've some lube (disposable cash)

So many papercuts.

I'll wait for some more bidders to enter the fray & start with a price of 10 ETH per gaping goatse pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’m told you’ll need a minimum of 32 ETH to stake in their just-around-the-corner proof of stake implementation. Should be able to find the necessary €16 down the back of the couch when the time comes.

I’m told you’ll need a minimum of 32 ETH to stake in their just-around-the-corner proof of stake implementation. Should be able to find the necessary €16 down the back of the couch when the time comes.

If ETH implements casper you're going to need a much bigger couch.

• Advertisement

It's the newly-decided limitation to store of value which I dislike. There are tons on the /r/Bitcoin sub who'll break your balls for inferring that there should ever be space for fee-free transactions but leaving some space for it was espoused as an ideal by it's creator. They've bought the fee-market propaganda hook-line-sinker and screw the have-nots. A blockchain for rich people which Samson Mow reckons poor people shoudn't be using anyway. It's a fairly scummy ideal to force upon "the people's money". But yeah, it could work as a store of value - just not the type originally imagined and not the type I'd encourage. Imagine if Linus Torvalds decided to implement a strict demand-based fee for Linux. Ask OSS devs how that'd go.

I don't disagree at all. I don't like blockstream's antics any more than you. However, I do believe that store of value can be maintained in a coin over the long haul. I'm also mindful of the fact that bitcoin has network effect and despite the s5it that blockstream are pulling, it could still maintain dominance.

This all boils down again to governance issues. We still don't have the most optimal governance model for any coin. The same issue could arise in ETH if leading devs there conspire in the future to hike the gas price.
    Bitcoin could have scaled to anywhere between 4-10 times the amount of transactions with less shítcoins scrambling into position while clogging up the space with little to no change to hashrate or centralisation unless that transaction throughput actually encouraged competition within BTC itself.
    I didn't understand it at the time but looking back on it now, it's cringeworthy. Such an opportunity lost - if actual usage of BTC during that Nov- Jan. peak could have gone off without hiked transaction costs and increased transaction times. Those that were introduced to crypto at that time would have garnered more belief in it. Leading up to that time, there was modestly growing usage of crypto for day to day transactions. That momentum got killed stone dead round that time.
    I don't think it'll be LN because of the invoice system on a P2P cash basis, it's very messy and requires too many large bankrolls. If you can't tip or lend without using a central source to funnel through it's a non-starter imo, but I do expect somebody'll have some Eureka! moment.
    Bitcoin has so many problems inherent due to it's conservativism. They need to correct current mining problems wrt centralisation and power-sponging - they only keep the old algo because they know it works but if hashrate keeps growing to the size of a continent? That's shameful. It's one of my least favourite of Andreas' talking points, pure whataboutism. "Yeah, but they use more, plus this is truly irrevocably yours!"
    It's a waste of energy. The network was considered secure enough at the start of last year, it's gained something like 1.5-2x in terms of theoretical transactions thanks to Segwit but consumes 14x the amount of electricity. Abysmal. The amount of energy usage per transaction growing exponentially with the price would make sense if Lightning worked well or was being used, but... Nope.
    I'm unsure as regards LN - I don't feel I have a complete technical understanding of it and it's implications. There does seem to be a modest uptick in its usage. We'll have to wait it out and see.
    On the energy usage, I'm always in two minds. If there were no other issues with btc , everything else resolved, I'm thinking we could live with it. It can be focused in a way that it uses stranded power. There was a report out recently that explained away that whatever metric they use for data centres in terms of energy usage, btc mining is green as hell comparatively.
    This could well happen. Something being kept mysteriously under wraps could be well-honed and spread at speed if somebody finds an even more faultless method of grabbing business mindshare, encouraging speedy adoption and ensuring mass decentralisation.
    I can't remember which ETH core dev was talking about them recently but I recall him saying DFINITY were ETH's true competitor rather than godawful scammy shítshows like EOS. "PRAISE BE THE CONSTITUTION! Oh wait, can we change this bit? That didn't work well at all. Oopsies. NVM, only $4b in ICO funds to splurge. lol". Corporation-sucking wankfest if ever I saw one.

Anyway, DFINITY's cap based on tokens sold and supply is going to be quite high depending on their eventual distribution, same as Telegram's TON network. In the billions with nothing to show yet. $2b-ish? That's bananas.
    EOS did try something different with governance but got it wrong. Other than that, Larimer has lost all credibility having jumped from one project to the next albeit I'm sure he wont be bothered - he wont be short of a few quid any day soon!
    On a new or younger project emerging, there's no doubt that's a possibility. It's logicial to think that a fresh project stands a better chance of designing in solutions to the issues that older generation cryptos have come up against. As regards identifiying them, well we'd all have full bags if we can do that.

ICO priced Cardano (ADA) incoming!

talk me out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Moonjet

Are the price drops impacting mining activity? Surely it can't be profitable at these prices. Does transaction time just slow down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Moonjet wrote: »
    Are the price drops impacting mining activity? Surely it can't be profitable at these prices. Does transaction time just slow down?

I'd imagine so.

There were a few guys who used to post here that were full of hubris about the amount of profit and vast sums of wealth they were accumulating through mining farms. They've gone very quiet now. I'd imagine they've had to either shut down their rigs or else sell their stash at a massively discounted price to pay the leccy bill. A lot were even mining at a loss or breakeven but hoping the price would continue to rise which would earn them profit in the long run.

There was one guy, think his name was TheHoneyBear. Hasn't posted in a long while though so I'd say he's no longer in the crypto game.

There was one guy, think his name was TheHoneyBear. Hasn't posted in a long while though so I'd say he's no longer in the crypto game.

I'd say he is more than likely sitting on a beach somewhere sipping cocktails and I for one wish him all the best if he is.

Why cant you do the same?

Does it kill you that much to see someone be successful in crypto?

• Advertisement

I'd say he is more than likely sitting on a beach somewhere sipping cocktails and I for one wish him all the best if he is.

Why cant you do the same?

Does it kill you that much to see someone be successful in crypto?

Shadenfreude is alive and well, TinderSurprise. It's one of the reasons with some of the naysayers here there is no room for objective discussion. ;-)

If mining is going to remain unprofitable, then I guess the whole thing will buckle and that will be the end of crypto, right?...err...right?:confused:
    :D

Jesus, the prices are sinking faster than I sank the first pint of stout I’m after swallowin’.

Shadenfreude is alive and well, TinderSurprise. It's one of the reasons with some of the nayswers here there is no room for objective discussion. ;-)

If mining is going to remain unprofitable, then I guess the whole thing will buckle and that will be the end of crypto, right?...err...right?

Not gonna lie it grinds me.

Folk take risks and try make a living for themselves - successful or not how does it matter, or impact on those that grin at their failure, or is it just to prove their point on an Internet forum?

pathetic!

Not gonna lie it grinds me.

Folk take risks and try make a living for themselves - successful or not how does it matter, or impact on those that grin at their failure.

pathetic!

Wouldn't let it bother you. Most of those who are truly successful in their own right have gotten there by taking umpteen risks and failing many times. Those who piss it up against the wall while laughing other peoples efforts, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Moonjet wrote: »

Some will stop mining, and then the difficulty will drop to match whatever the total hashrate is to produce a block every 10 minutes.
    Last difficulty adjustment was on the 3rd.

Listen boyo, Ive taken plenty of risks in my life. I'm an entrepreneur and a businessman. There's 19 people who are directly employed by me. My business is building supplies. I managed to keep my doors open and trade between 2008 and 2013 despite the collapse of the construction industry.

Going out and remortgaging your home to get set up and starting out on your own from a warehouse in an industrial estate. That's taking risks. I don't begrudge anyone who actually grafts for their fortune.

A few IT heads who thought they were Gordon gecko because they were blind to the obviously bubblicious nature of the crypto scene in 2017 and through the first half of this year have less respect from me.

I could pull up 40 posts where people sneered at my analysis and criticiam of the whole thing going back well over a year. Well them buckos are no where to be seen now. That's all I'm saying.

PS enjoy the stout Johnny. There will be manys a gamey bird on their Christmas party looking for a length of rod tonight! Legs on leeson Street attracts a lot of the hospital crowd.

Cheers Paddy! I’ll give that Leggs place a go, if I’m still up and about. I’ve a lip on me for porter today like you wouldn’t believe. Hope to be hodling on to the headboard later giving some gamey nurse a good rattle. Let’s hope she isn’t a whale! Bit of the old ‘pump and dump’ is sorely needed.

Listen boyo, Ive taken plenty of risks in my life. I'm an entrepreneur and a businessman. There's 19 people who are directly employed by me. My business is building supplies. I managed to keep my doors open and trade between 2008 and 2013 despite the collapse of the construction industry.

Good for you 'boyo'. I've been working full time since 84, setup my first company in 89, second in 93 which I've subsequently sold and had a pretty good offer for the first of late too. Employed people full time continuously throughout, and brought good money into this country through export. Been through good times and horrendous times like most anyone else who's set up business for themselves, but never really felt the need to take the piss out of anyone who may have lost of few bob or been down on their luck along the way, for whatever reason. Why would you do that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

smacl wrote: »
    Wouldn't let it bother you. Most of those who are truly successful in their own right have gotten there by taking umpteen risks and failing many times. Those who piss it up against the wall while laughing other peoples efforts, not so much.

I'm enjoying this for the same reason I enjoyed the housing collapse 10 years ago. For years you had these smug plonkers thinking they were some kind of investment sages that looked down the nose of anyone who didnt have multiple mortgages. It's enjoyable to see those same people shown for the spoofers that they are.

The projects still exsist no matter what happens to the value of coin. You can't compare owning a couple of dogecoin to the risk involved in multiple mortgages.

That's just insane.

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right. Mortgages are a much safer bet as you're more likely to be bailed out.

It's enjoyable to see those same people shown for the spoofers that they are.

Those poor spoofers with a few investment properties scattered around the town you mean? Must be tough for them, or rather would have been had there not been a second housing bubble and rents at a record high. I mean whod've thunk there'd be a second bubble so soon after the first one popped so badly and people lost so much money. Crazy to think that people might be so stupid twice, right? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

"Pintman wrote:
    A few IT heads who thought they were Gordon gecko because they were blind to the obviously bubblicious nature of the crypto scene in 2017 and through the first half of this year have less respect from me.

Generally it’s people on the edge of IT. Most engineers and developers I know at cynical about both bitcoin and block chain. It’s the managerial
    and marketing classes who work in IT but not pegs to the metal who are all over linked in.

Another class is libertarians. Then there’s the standard day traders and speculators you get in a bubble.

Yeah you're right. Mortgages are a much safer bet as you're more likely to be bailed out.

I don't know any homeowners that were bailed out.fkrd out the door, yes there's a good few examples of that

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I don't know any homeowners that were bailed out.fkrd out the door, yes there's a good few examples of that

Well then you're massively uninformed.

Possibly not a bad thing then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What's going on. 300 euro jump in minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's going on. 300 euro jump in minutes

Probably the last resistance before 1500

Bull run! Out the gates

• Advertisement

Bull run! Out the gates

It'll end in tears. Mark my words sonny.

I got out wayyy back at 105. :)

smacl wrote: »
    but never really felt the need to take the piss out of anyone who may have lost of few bob or been down on their luck along the way, for whatever reason. Why would you do that exactly?

Maybe it's the Trump-ian times we live in but in as many days a few guys here trying to justify their bad behaviour because they reckon someone with an interest in crypto has 'sneered' at them or done them wrong. The same guy part of a double act that have called people here idiots for investing in crypto. The same double act that for months has taken up this smarmy, obnoxious piss take here. One of whom had to go rifling through my posts in other sections of boards.ie to make some ill-formed, inaccurate and bad-minded point. The guy has the nerve to go on about people not having respect for him here until the most recent crypto bear market. Just in case he's under any illusions, I simply don't have any respect for him - and it has nothing to do with the market - we could be in the middle of crypt-winter or crypto-summer - makes no odds.

Another one of them suggesting 'whats not to like' as regards it being good entertainment to see someone lose a lot of money and that it's 'hilarious'. The same scrote coming back here and suggesting that he was equally delighted when many people found themselves in a world of financial pain as part of the celtic tiger boom and bust....many who committed suicide, many who are still going through the courts in trying to keep their homes, still trying to deal with the fall-out.

Karma comes round. You lot think for a second that anything good comes from that small-minded, mealy-mouthed mindset - you're the fools.

Then we have a couple others here who couldn't possibly be objective because they have no tolerance of someone or other that was over-exuberant about crypto back at the last ATH. So what? Different people have taken an interest in crypto - many of whom you will never meet as they wouldn't even mention it. You don't carry that intolerance issue(and regardless of whom you encountered, it's your issue, deal with it) into a discussion of the tech and/or investment proposition and maintain objectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

@makeorbrake I just find it so strange and cant for the life of me understand what they get out of it?
    It's akin to standing by while people are falling off something that's hurting them and then elbowing the guy next to you and laughing then going on about downing pints and getting brazzers. That mentality is worse than People who took a risk and Invested but lost out.

And I don't for 1 second believe PPL when he says "oh I genuinely am happy for people who got I and out" Your post count the last few weeks has been nothing but condescending,what are you actually here for?

And JF? Well it's like at a pub when the bouncer kicks you out and then when he's taking a piss a few hours later you sneak back in.

I cant find anything of decent discussion from either of you so I'll be putting yous on ignore, I've gone a whole year trying to see your sides of conversation to keep the discussion alive but at this point I can see there no value in it anymore.

Bye

Its not about getting anything out of it. Its an involuntary feeling of happiness and laughter. Its like those boxing or MMA vids where one guy is obnoxiously giving it the big bollocks and then a minute later the eyes are in the back of his head.

As I said before if you went in thinking this is a stupid risky punt and kept it to yourself then no i don't feel anything seeing you lose.

I think the troll is real here lads. In comparison when the housing bubble burst I had older generation people outside my house asking when I bought it, basically laughing that the bottom had fallen out of the market and it was worthless..

This is no different, there's a certain demographic in Ireland that like to sneer their way through life. this is a great time in crypto there's plenty of low hanging fruit. I recently put 20 euros on a coin! Some will fail others will fly.

I'm hodl n the house and hope to extend once the building boom has 'another' collapse and prices contract. I won't go on the building forums and laugh at the builders, plumbers etc though. I'll give them work at a good price. I might even upgrade my 14 year car once that collapses.

#notlaughing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think the troll is real here lads. In comparison when the housing bubble burst I had older generation people outside my house asking when I bought it, basically laughing that the bottom had fallen out of the market and it was worthless..

This is no different, there's a certain demographic in Ireland that like to sneer their way through life. this is a great time in crypto there's plenty of low hanging fruit. I recently put 20 euros on a coin! Some will fail others will fly.

I'm hodl n the house and hope to extend once the building boom has 'another' collapse and prices contract. I won't go on the building forums and laugh at the builders, plumbers etc though. I'll give them work at a good price. I might even upgrade my 14 year car once that collapses.

#notlaughing
    You actually had people coming up to your house and laughing at you for the situation you found yourself in?
    I find that extremely hard to believe.

To be fair, theres a major difference in buying into a physical asset that you can at the very least live in if prices crash to zero, versus some very hairy "digital" asset that is of absolutely no use to you should the price crash to zero.

kippy wrote: »
    To be fair, theres a major difference in buying into a physical asset that you can at the very least live in if prices crash to zero, versus some very hairy "digital" asset that is of absolutely no use to you should the price crash to zero.

The former you'd typically borrow money for, find yourself in long term debt and may well get kicked out while still owing that debt if you failed to make repayments. The latter you would not typically be able to borrow money for and may just lose some or all of your savings. Not seeing much humour in either if I'm honest.

Lads, ye are forgetting the crypto enthusiasts' mind set last year too, where, basically, you were an idiot if you didn't invest now,, that it was the future of money etc, and was never going to be this price again, and it definitely wasn't a bubble..

Sure who’s in it for the money anyway?
    It’s all about the technology..........

kippy wrote: »
    You actually had people coming up to your house and laughing at you for the situation you found yourself in?
    I find that extremely hard to believe.

It happened, believe it or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement