Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Day Transfer Bank of Ireland to AIB?

Options
  • 30-01-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Other than through Banking 365 online or phone, is there a facility to make a same day transfer to an AIB account? What are the timelines, cut-offs, charges etc? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

eggerb wrote: »
    Other than through Banking 365 online or phone, is there a facility to make a same day transfer to an AIB account? What are the timelines, cut-offs, charges etc? Thanks.

Hi eggerb,

Thanks for your message.

You can make this type of transfer to AIB at a charge of €25.35 for amounts over €10,000 or if you are not registered for 365 Online. The cut off time for this would be 12pm and can take up to two working days.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Hi eggerb,

Thanks for your message.

You can make this type of transfer to AIB at a charge of €25.35 for amounts over €10,000 or if you are not registered for 365 Online. The cut off time for this would be 12pm and can take up to two working days.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks for that Sarah. I've just got a reply through the online service desk also and they have given me different information. I'm not sure where they are getting the extra 1% charge from. Is it definitely just the €25.35 from BoI to AIB? That seems to be the fee mentioned on the Schedule of fees and charges for personal customer (Jan 2018).

"Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk. If you do a normal transfer in branch they will receive the funds in 1-3 working days. If you wish to do a Same Day Money Transfer, you will need to be in branch before 12noon and pay a fee. It is 1% of the payment value, which would be a minimum of €17.75 and a maximum of €50.00 along with the €25 charge for the Same Day Money Transfer itself."

If it is offered as a "Same day Funds Transfer Service", why can it take up to two working days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks for that Sarah. I've just got a reply through the online service desk also and they have given me different information. I'm not sure where they are getting the extra 1% charge from. Is it definitely just the €25.35 from BoI to AIB? That seems to be the fee mentioned on the Schedule of fees and charges for personal customer (Jan 2018).

"Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk. If you do a normal transfer in branch they will receive the funds in 1-3 working days. If you wish to do a Same Day Money Transfer, you will need to be in branch before 12noon and pay a fee. It is 1% of the payment value, which would be a minimum of €17.75 and a maximum of €50.00 along with the €25 charge for the Same Day Money Transfer itself."

If it is offered as a "Same day Funds Transfer Service", why can it take up to two working days?

Hi eggerb,

Sorry to hear this, there would not be the 1% charge for this transfer as well. The 1% charge is for an international transfer and not for a transfer to AIB. The time frame can be up to two working days depending on when the request is received.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement