Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize Bonds proof etc

Options
  • 30-01-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Met with three banks all seemed v positive re mortgage, roughly same amts and positive on possibility of 10% second time buyer deposit.

However part of that deposit may or may not include some prize bonds. When submitting paper work for AIP how do I show proof of prize bonds etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

polydactyl wrote: »
    Met with three banks all seemed v positive re mortgage, roughly same amts and positive on possibility of 10% second time buyer deposit.

However part of that deposit may or may not include some prize bonds. When submitting paper work for AIP how do I show proof of prize bonds etc.....

You can get a statement of account can't you, no?

Looking to put a lump sum into prize bonds myself, so would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

There's a form on the Prize Bond website, send it off with required documents and they'll send you a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

Scraggs wrote:
    There's a form on the Prize Bond website, send it off with required documents and they'll send you a statement.

Spot on, I had to do it a month ago, takes a couple of weeks to arrive though

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

I didn't realise the bonds could be used in that way, I thought you would have to case them in.
    Can they be directly traded for other things?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

98-00 wrote:
    I didn't realise the bonds could be used in that way, I thought you would have to case them in. Can they be directly traded for other things?

It's just a statement of your 'holdings'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thanks lads, as usual have never looked at them after buying them so didn't know about that statement of acc! Much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

98-00 wrote: »
    I didn't realise the bonds could be used in that way, I thought you would have to case them in.
    Can they be directly traded for other things?

You will have to cash them in - but there's no need to do so until needed. May as well leave them where they are for the chance of a payout.

Advertisement