Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"By continuing, you begin a new contract on your existing services"???

Options
  • 30-01-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I was checking to see if I am eligible for an Upgrade. I enter my phone number and PIN and then I get this message above 'By continuing you begin a new contract on your existing services'. By clicking a button to look at some phones and plans I am entering into a new Contract with Eir? Could someone from Eir clarify it for me please. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

So I was afraid to continue to look at the phones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

sadie9 wrote: »
    I was checking to see if I am eligible for an Upgrade. I enter my phone number and PIN and then I get this message above 'By continuing you begin a new contract on your existing services'. By clicking a button to look at some phones and plans I am entering into a new Contract with Eir? Could someone from Eir clarify it for me please. Thanks.
    Hi sadie9, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

You would only enter a new contract when you confirm at the end of the process. This message is to to make customers aware of the contract if you agree to upgrade. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Hi sadie9, 

You would only enter a new contract when you confirm at the end of the process. This message is to to make customers aware of the contract if you agree to upgrade. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    OK great thanks for that. It'd be better to change the wording on the website to something like 'if you sign up for a new plan online please be aware....' or some such, because it looks for all the world like if you just 'continue' to the next screen you are somehow signalling your agreement. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi sadie9, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    OK great thanks for that. It'd be better to change the wording on the website to something like 'if you sign up for a new plan online please be aware....' or some such, because it looks for all the world like if you just 'continue' to the next screen you are somehow signalling your agreement. 
    No problem. 

I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the relevant team for you, thanks for making us aware of this. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement