Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim only upgrade - 18 month contract???

Options
  • 30-01-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

So I've just come off live chat after upgrading my sim only 1gb contract to a sim only 10gb contract. The confirmation email I've received states an 18 month contract applies?? I've seen other posts online where it has been confirmed this is an email error, and that 30 day contract is correct. It also states an 18 month contract when I log in to My Eir? Can you confirm what is going on here? I did not give permission to sign up to an 18 month contract, and would like it verified that I am indeed on a 30 day contract. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi folks,

So I've just come off live chat after upgrading my sim only 1gb contract to a sim only 10gb contract. The confirmation email I've received states an 18 month contract applies?? I've seen other posts online where it has been confirmed this is an email error, and that 30 day contract is correct. It also states an 18 month contract when I log in to My Eir? Can you confirm what is going on here? I did not give permission to sign up to an 18 month contract, and would like it verified that I am indeed on a 30 day contract. Thanks.
    Hi spongerobinson,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi spongerobinson,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Pm sent, thanks.

Hi spongerobinson,

Thanks 

Thomas

Pm sent, thanks.
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi spongerobinson,

Thanks 

Thomas

Pm sent, thanks.

Thanks

Thomas
    Can I get a reply to my query Thomas which is about the exact same thing. Its been nearly a week since I asked this question on boards. I've already PM'd the reps twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

It says on their website it's "[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]All plans subject to a 30 day rolling contract" for SIM only.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]It sounds like an error, but you can never be sure until you get it in writing. The reality is that you didn't agree to an 18-month contract, so it would be unenforcible anyway. You can't just notify someone that "surprise! gotcha!! You're in an 18 month contract now muahaha!"[/font]
    Contract law simply doesn't work like that. So, if you didn't agree to an 18-month contract, you're not in one.

If you're getting no clarification, get onto ComReg and ask them to clarify it for you.

Eir: Perhaps you should identify the error in your system that's sending out these emails and send a clarification to all customers who've received it?

• Advertisement

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi spongerobinson,

Thanks 

Thomas

Pm sent, thanks.

Thanks

Thomas
    Can I get a reply to my query Thomas which is about the exact same thing. Its been nearly a week since I asked this question on boards. I've already PM'd the reps twice.
    Hi Hendrickp,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement