Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong car on policy?

Options
  • 31-01-2018 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

When I got insurance with Liberty back in October I had to scan my logbook as they didn't have a 1.0 Golf Highline DSG on the system, while the MK7.5 Golf is relatively new I picked it up in October so it had been out for a good few months at that point. They had the previous 1.2 models and 1.0 UK Spec. I was covered under a similar car temporarily before scanning the logbook over. My policy went up €30 and I thought nothing of it.

Just looking at quotes and my car is showing up as VOLKSWAGEN GOLF SE TSI 110 5dr Estate (999cc Petrol Automatic). This is a UK spec and the Golf Estate is a different model all together.

Does this matter? Last thing I want is to be in a crash and they pull some technicality on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It could matter, however if they selected that as the model after you gave them accurate info in good faith its unlikely to be an issue in case of a claim. You should still point it out to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

If a car is not on an insurer's data base, they sometimes have to substitute in a similar model with the same rating structure in order to issue the policy. I would insist on some document that this is what they did and they acknowledge the details on the log book

Advertisement