Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access photos stored to computer

Options
  • 31-01-2018 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi - I'm unable to open photos stored on my laptop. Attached is the message I get when trying to open pictures, but for any that can't see the image, the message I get is 'The object invoked has disconnected from its clients'

Is there anyway to correct this issue? It would be a real shame if all our pictures were lost. But its odd that some record of the images is seemingly stored as can be seen from all thumbnail images...

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can you access the photo's from your phone/other device that you're signed in from?

You could also try this:

Right click one of the photos that won't open and go to properties. At the top it has "Open with" and a Change button. My one says open with photos and I changed it to photo Gallery. Click apply and OK and now your photos will open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

patg wrote: »
    Hi - I'm unable to open photos stored on my laptop. Attached is the message I get when trying to open pictures, but for any that can't see the image, the message I get is 'The object invoked has disconnected from its clients'

Is there anyway to correct this issue? It would be a real shame if all our pictures were lost. But its odd that some record of the images is seemingly stored as can be seen from all thumbnail images...

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Have you rebooted the laptop? It can sometimes help.

A couple of suggestions on this page

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/eada53e6-0df8-432f-a5c9-f87cc3535c49/cant-open-a-pdf-jpg-file-or-a-video-file-i-get-the-error-message-the-object-invoked-has?forum=win10itprogeneral

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Try this:
    Right-click one of the photos that won't open and go to Properties. Near the top it has 'Open with...' and a Change button. Mine said open with Photos and I changed it to Photo Gallery. Click Apply and OK, and now (hopefully) all your photos will open OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Can you access the photo's from your phone/other device that you're signed in from?

You could also try this:

Right click one of the photos that won't open and go to properties. At the top it has "Open with" and a Change button. My one says open with photos and I changed it to photo Gallery. Click apply and OK and now your photos will open.

That works. Yay... Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

mordeith wrote: »
    Try this:
    Right-click one of the photos that won't open and go to Properties. Near the top it has 'Open with...' and a Change button. Mine said open with Photos and I changed it to Photo Gallery. Click Apply and OK, and now (hopefully) all your photos will open OK.

That's worked perfectly. Thank you very much for replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 zlatanlex

You need to visit some special photo forums about it

Advertisement