Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Eod100 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

Just sign up. I got tickets in ballot but this allows you to buy for any game you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

swiftman wrote: »
    Just sign up. I got tickets in ballot but this allows you to buy for any game you want

it states that if you got all the tickets you looked for in ballot that you cannot buy tickets in this pre-sale

I did not get all the tickets I looked for previously

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Finally got in and the semi final tickets are gone. Only cat A left!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

swiftman wrote: »

I'm sorted myself, was gonna pass on a link to a friend but not sure if they applied in ballot, or would that not make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Moving a bit faster now, I'm at 43128. By my calculation at the current rate and given a 4 1/2 hour maintenance I should be in in 17 hours, so about 7 in the morning?

• Advertisement

I'm sorted myself, was gonna pass on a link to a friend but not sure if they applied in ballot, or would that not make any difference?

he might as well try

worst that can happen is that he signs up and it says he can't participate

he could try it in the general sale on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Tried to pay with BOI and it just says pending. BOI have no clue what to do about it, been speaking to three different people. They say no holds on the account. Anyone else still have payment pending?

And couldn't get the semi final tickets due to "no two matches on same day" error. A little annoying but not the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dont think it will work.
    I didnt apply in a ballot and cannot seem to buy tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.
    I owe you a few pints. Excellent, thanks.

Use the link lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

Is there a way to nominate this guy for some award? Worked for me and a bunch of my mates. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭basillarkin

QF2 sold out now by all accounts was hoping for one for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Tried to pay with BOI and it just says pending. BOI have no clue what to do about it, been speaking to three different people. They say no holds on the account. Anyone else still have payment pending?

And couldn't get the semi final tickets due to "no two matches on same day" error. A little annoying but not the end of the world.

Had similar issues. World Rugby try to put through a 1 cent authentication payment which was pending processing. They sent email/text asking to confirm payment was authentic. Once I replied, i was able to put through payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

i got a semi through the loophole and had no luck in the ballot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You're a king of men. Managed to get 4*SF2 tickets. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

You're a hero! Cheers, managed to snag tickets to the Japan game with this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Managed to get 2 Cat C tickets for QF2 to go with the two from QF4 from the ballots, thanks reap-a-rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

finbarrk wrote: »

I owe you a few pints. Excellent, thanks.

Can second that managed to get all blacks South Africa tickets and Ireland Japan tickets.

Looks like honeymoon is in Japan 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I had login details, but failed in the ballot, and worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I had login details, but failed in the ballot, and worked for me.

I got tickets in the first ballot, didnt in the second and I'm allowed in on today one..
    well once the que moves

• Advertisement

I'm having the pending issue also. Got a text to confirm the payment from AIB, but it came after the page came up with an error. So AIB have the payment as going through, but no confirmation from RWC site. Just stuck on Pending.

We better win the group

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

This is fantastic. Thanks.
    Looks like I got at least the Scotland Game. This waiting around is very annoying.

Got a payement error on website but looks like it’s pending with UlsterBank and got email confirmation. System is a shambles.

Didn't get my pending tickets and now QF4 is sold out, disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Holy ****. I cannot believe that link worked!

4 tickets for Ireland Scotland, feels too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Aside from the loophole. I think the system has been pretty par for the course as far as buying tickets for a very high demand event goes. The €1 thing is a fairly common practice however given their reputation I'm glad I'm not with BoI or UB and going through this.

Update: lost the tickets. Spoke to 5 people at BOI and they saw no issue. Except for multiple 1c transactions. Payment remained at Pending, and after a couple of hours the basket emptied.

Not great.

Update: lost the tickets. Spoke to 5 people at BOI and they saw no issue. Except for multiple 1c transactions. Payment remained at Pending, and after a couple of hours the basket emptied.

Not great.

Same thing happened to me. Went back through the link there and I kept refreshing, Cat B tickets came up and I grabbed them, payment went through the second time and have them confirmed now! Keep trying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Does anyone know if the general ticket sale on Friday night will have additional tickets added, or just whatever remains unsold after this window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Not great.

That's what happened to me the first time round. Second time, payment went through and everything was confirmed instantly. It seems if it goes to pending, with the tickets still in your basket, you're out of luck and have to wait for the 30 mins to be up for them to go back to inventory (or perhaps removing them from the basket yourself does the trick).

Blisterman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the general ticket sale on Friday night will have additional tickets added, or just whatever remains unsold after this window?

I'd say unsold. But only one way to find out...

Thanks guys, will try now.

There are SF2 tickets available but when I try to buy them it says "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." Anyone else get this? (There is obviously no other match that day).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

It's unclear to be honest.

From an Irish times article:
    Almost half the 1.8 million tickets for the tournament are already sold with another 200,000 available from Tuesday for punters who were unsuccessful during the initial ballot applications. About 400,000 tickets go on general sale next Saturday, January 19th at 1am Irish time on the official Rugby World Cup ticketing website.

So that would suggest anything available now will roll over to Saturday plus an additional 400,000 will be released.

However, there is a slight disrepancy between the live availability and the actual ticket page. All of the tickets listed as sold out on the ticket page are also sold out on the live availability page but not versa.

So the world cup final for example is sold out on both except for Premium and wheelchair, I think that means no more final tickets will be released on Saturday. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

We better win the group

in fairness I am sure other fans are basing tickets on being runners up

plenty of options for swaps if that happens

they put 200,000 on sale today

another 400,000 will go on sale form Saturday!!

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    in fairness I am sure other fans are basing tickets on being runners up

plenty of options for swaps if that happens

No disrespect to Japan, Samoa or Russia but guess winner of Ireland v Scotland match could have big decider in that especially when it's first up.

Would be great if that links work again over the weekend. Pay day Friday so might have a try again for some tickets!

Really regretting the financial splurge over the Christmas right now :D

Would be great if that links work again over the weekend. Pay day Friday so might have a try again for some tickets!

That's my hope. Out of our group we're only short final tickets and 4*Japan tickets.

Incidentally I'm 32578 in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Praying it works for Saturday too, have all group games just missing QF tics. Now to book some flights :D

Chris871 wrote: »
    Praying it works for Saturday too, have all group games just missing QF tics. Now to book some flights :D

Started looking at flights myself, wanted to take Korea in on the way and found Amsterdam to Seoul for 200 euro so might start with that one. Busan to Osaka flight was 60 also.

Had a quick look at hostels for Yokohama and as expected there is very little. I imagine they have many saved offline so will contact directly. Very excited for it all. Been before and it is an incredible country, cant wait to see the face of people who go for the first time and spot a beer vending machine on the street :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Started looking at flights myself, wanted to take Korea in on the way and found Amsterdam to Seoul for 200 euro so might start with that one. Busan to Osaka flight was 60 also.

Had a quick look at hostels for Yokohama and as expected there is very little. I imagine they have many saved offline so will contact directly. Very excited for it all. Been before and it is an incredible country, cant wait to see the face of people who go for the first time and spot a beer vending machine on the street :D

I actually have family living over there myself, accommodation sorted :) Well in Tokyo anyway. They are some really decent fares, was thinking of doing something similar enough myself, more likely on the return leg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭trevezel

Payments unavailable between 1:30am and 5:30am JST on Tuesdays and Wednesdays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is anyone able to complete a payment right now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Redo91

Currently doing a course and won’t be back in full time employment until April so can’t afford tickets at the minute.

Just wondering do people think all tickets will be gone by the end of this month? For the RWC 2015 I managed to get 4 tickets for the pool game v France in Cardiff in the May beforehand. I had presumed that demand wouldn’t be as high this year as it isn’t as easy to get to compared to 2015.

Can anyone remember was there a similar pattern of ticket batches going on sale in 2015 and if so do they think there will be any left in the batch that are put on sale during the summer? I’m looking to go to the Samoa game and both QFs.

Appreciate there is a bit of guess work involved in what I’m asking but any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

With Yokohama you could stay in Tokyo if accom is a problem. If you were staying in Asakusa in Tokyo for example it's only 1hr 10 minutes from Yokohama stadium.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    With Yokohama you could stay in Tokyo if accom is a problem. If you were staying in Asakusa in Tokyo for example it's only 1hr 10 minutes from Yokohama stadium.

Cheers Corcs, will take a look ðŸ‘ðŸ»

We're staying in Tokyo too - will travel to Yokohama for games. The public transport system seems great, you could even travel to other stadiums on Honshu for the day if you wanted.

Update on the payments - the 6th person I talked to today in BOI noticed that Verified by Visa had an error on their side, hence being unable to complete transactions, and was able to fix it. Pity payments are closed at the moment! Probably very few tickets left anyway. :D

Congrats all who got their tickets today. Lots of relief!

Thanks guys, will try now.

There are SF2 tickets available but when I try to buy them it says "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." Anyone else get this? (There is obviously no other match that day).

Yeah. That kept on happening to me for QF 4. Didn’t get them afterwards. Got other games though. Except the Final.

Picked up Samoa tickets just now as the payment facility is back open. Still getting an error on SF2 but delighted!

Was thinking of doing that. Is that the bullet train that takes 1 hr 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Was thinking of doing that. Is that the bullet train that takes 1 hr 10?

From my limited understanding, I don't think the bullet train stops in Yokohama. That or it doesn't get up to full speed until it leaves the metropolitan area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement