Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Eod100 wrote: »
    Did they have to order it in out of curiosity?

Yes, but it only took a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

have ye started to receive e ticket yet?

That should last long enough to get you out of the airport anyway! :pac::D

Well the return journey on the Narita Express is JPY 4,000. So I will have JPY 76,000 when I arrive at my hotel!
    https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_round.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

have ye started to receive e ticket yet?

were available to print on the website on tuesday for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bennyl10 wrote: »
    were available to print on the website on tuesday for myself

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Folks, anyone heading to Japan, have a read of this - Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but might be worth keeping an eye on the weather:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/05/rugby-world-cup-pool-stage-cyclone-japan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Folks, anyone heading to Japan, have a read of this - Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but might be worth keeping an eye on the weather:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/05/rugby-world-cup-pool-stage-cyclone-japan

I'm flying to Tokyo on Monday for 3 weeks so hopefully I don't get disrupted/caught in the typhoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 myles.91

Selling 1 x Cat D ticket for Ireland v Samoa if anyone interested?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 32mako

Been lurking for a while, excitement is building up now alright.... If anyone has tickets sitting together for the Ireland games please PM me. We've got 4 tickets to all Ireland's group games but they are various categories and not all sitting together. If anyone has 3 or 4 team packs sitting together they're not going to use then I'd be interested. Cat C/D please....

(Somehow, my wife thinks it's unreasonable that I let the kids wander off on their own in a Japanese stadium!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Looking a spare for the Scotland game if anyone has one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dmac117

Been lurking on here getting travel info etc for a while. Finally took the plunge and signed up.

I’ll be in Japan for the Scotland game and then all the knockout stages as was lucky enough to get tickets to the final in the ballot.

I’ve got 2 spare tickets to the Scotland game is anyone is interested as my friend can’t get to Japan in time for the game now. PM me if you are interested.

32mako wrote: »
    Been lurking for a while, excitement is building up now alright....

its funny I am up and down at present, as I am going to last pool game and knockouts our departure is still 4 weeks away and seems to be forever coming!!

I even know someone going to the first two games who will be home a couple of days before I go!!

Heading to the airport now!! 2 weeks touring Japan before the World Cup. See you all in Japan. Safe travels all and of course, Come on Ireland!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Heading to the airport now!! 2 weeks touring Japan before the World Cup. See you all in Japan. Safe travels all and of course, Come on Ireland!!

Where are you planning on visiting?

• Advertisement

Where are you planning on visiting?

Starting with a few days in Tokyo, then across to Kyoto for a couple of days, followed by a few days in Osaka, will do a few day trips while there to Hiroshima, Nara and Kobe. Then it's back across to Yokohama for a long weekend and 2 RWC games (NZ v SA and Ireland v Scotland). Then off to Nikko for a couple of days before spending a few more days in Tokyo (plus some more day trips including to Mt Fuji) and then watch Japan v Ireland in a bar in Tokyo before flying home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

AIB charge a 3.5% fee on ATM withdrawals in Japan.

That's also roughly the cheapest I'm finding from anywhere selling cash in Ireland.

Is it really as difficult to find places accepting debit card over there as people make out?

Blisterman wrote: »

That's also roughly the cheapest I'm finding from anywhere selling cash in Ireland.

Is it really as difficult to find places accepting debit card over there as people make out?

Have you looked into using revolut?

Have you looked into using revolut?

Do they charge anything? I have one and waiting on the card.

Starting with a few days in Tokyo, then across to Kyoto for a couple of days, followed by a few days in Osaka, will do a few day trips while there to Hiroshima, Nara and Kobe. Then it's back across to Yokohama for a long weekend and 2 RWC games (NZ v SA and Ireland v Scotland). Then off to Nikko for a couple of days before spending a few more days in Tokyo (plus some more day trips including to Mt Fuji) and then watch Japan v Ireland in a bar in Tokyo before flying home.

Savage trip, nice one. I’m Looking forward to Hiroshima, gonna be there for the Japan vs Scotland game which should be good.

• Advertisement

Do they charge anything? I have one and waiting on the card.

Haven't looked into myself but a big selling point of theirs is it's international nature. A quick google says there's no fees apparently

https://community.revolut.com/t/revolut-card-in-japan/37158/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I have a Revolut. Only allows €200 in ATM withdrawals a month though. After that it's a 2% fee, which is admittedly much cheaper than the other options, so fair point.

Haven't looked into myself but a big selling point of theirs is it's international nature. A quick google says there's no fees apparently

https://community.revolut.com/t/revolut-card-in-japan/37158/2

They charge for cash withdrawals over 200/400/600 depending on your account.
    Think I will bring a wad of cash in euros and Yen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

I've been over a few times. It can be difficult enough trying to pay by card in a lot of places alright, so i make sure I've always cash on me.

But theres no issue finding Atms at all. Every corner shop has one.

They charge for cash withdrawals over 200/400/600 depending on your account.
    Think I will bring a wad of cash in euros and Yen anyway.

ATMs in post offcies charge 1% apparently

Revolute charge 2%

i.e. 2 euro for every 100 you take out

I think you'd be crazy to carry around a large amount of cash for the sake of a few euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭deezell

Anyone having trouble printing E tickets? all my tickets returning a 404 error.

Riskymove wrote: »

Revolute charge 2%

I think you'd be crazy to carry around a large amount of cash for the sake of a few euro

Going by your name your just the cautious type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

deezell wrote: »

I'm getting the same thing

Revolute charge 2%

I'm just bringing plenty cash. Couldn't be bothered arsing with cards and atm's.

matrim wrote: »
    I'm getting the same thing

Hopefully its just a glitch. I've got to sell 3 full sets of Ireland tickets due to family events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Is anyone concerned about having tickets bought from someone else, not from the portal, therefore not having your name on the ticket and whether the Japanese will enforce this? I came across a bit of talk about it recently on social media and seemed to be mixed views on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Is anyone concerned about having tickets bought from someone else, not from the portal, therefore not having your name on the ticket and whether the Japanese will enforce this? I came across a bit of talk about it recently on social media and seemed to be mixed views on it.

There are no ID restrictions on tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aahern

Has anyone resold tickets using the official resale site?
    On the one hand it asks you to send your ticket to them in Japan at your own expense, but also says

"For any tickets successfully resold that are not returned to the Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Centre , the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date."

Does that mean there's no need to actually send it to them? I'll get the money anyway after the match? I'd rather not have to queue at the post office and pay god knows how much it'd cost to send a registered letter to Japan.

I sold mine for one of the pool games. The hard copy tickets arrived but opted not to send them back...as you said the cost of postage would probably out-weigh the resale. If you opt not to send the hardcopy back they'll refund the money after the game.

Deisegodeo wrote: »

How is it any different from any other sporting event? The names don’t mean a thing.

How is it any different from any other sporting event? The names don’t mean a thing.

Occasionally there have been events that claimed that names had to be on each ticket and they were non-transferable

It is difficult to see how an ID check would be enforced, especially in larger stadia games...in any event that is not the issue here.

I bought the tickets and my name is on all of them so they can track them back to me if an issue arises. But the actual person using the ticket is not named.

Occasionally there have been events that claimed that names had to be on each ticket and they were non-transferable

It is difficult to see how an ID check would be enforced, especially in larger stadia games...in any event that is not the issue here.

I bought the tickets and my name is on all of them so they can track them back to me if an issue arises. But the actual person using the ticket is not named.

If any sporting event decided to enforce the rule that correct names must be on each ticket then stadiums would be a quarter full at best.

The Danish soccer authorities enforced it for a match in some play off a few years back, a friend of mine had to show his wallet and when they saw his bank of Ireland card it didn’t matter he was wearing a danish jersey, he wasn’t allowed in.

But this isn’t soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Not sure if brought up already but is there any vaccines that should be gotten before flying over does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wake

This is driving me spare to be honest - managed to view one eticket briefly on my iphone over the weekend and have been trying all day to print from laptop but 404 keeps happening (iphone not showing either)

I'm flying on Thursday and would be great to have printed copies in hand for safety.

Anyone been able to find a workaround as yet?

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Not sure if brought up already but is there any vaccines that should be gotten before flying over does anybody know?

None compulsory but some recommended

Most people wont especially if staying mainly in cities

https://www.tmb.ie/featured/travelling-to-rugby-world-cup-in-japan

• Advertisement

wake wrote: »
    This is driving me spare to be honest - managed to view one eticket briefly on my iphone over the weekend and have been trying all day to print from laptop but 404 keeps happening (iphone not showing either)

I'm flying on Thursday and would be great to have printed copies in hand for safety.

I downloaded mine fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chalky92

wake wrote: »

I'm having the same issue, haven't been able to open the tickets at all! I've emailed the support email but no idea if/when i will hear back!

chalky92 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue, haven't been able to open the tickets at all! I've emailed the support email but no idea if/when i will hear back!

Have you tried different browsers?

chalky92 wrote: »

Have you tried different browsers?
    It's a disaster. Can't print on any browsers PC or Mobile. Is it the Typhoon in Japan has fried connections? F*****g ticketmaster behind this. Not a whisper from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

It's a disaster. Can't print on any browsers PC or Mobile. Is it the Typhoon in Japan has fried connections? F*****g ticketmaster behind this. Not a whisper from them.

Just checked my e tickets there on my phone and they worked fine. Can you even view them?

Brozy wrote: »

Just checked my e tickets there on my phone and they worked fine. Can you even view them?
    Just my list if tickets. When I click "open the e ticket", I get a 404 error

• Advertisement

Been ringing the helpline which closes at 10.00am ffs, that's sunset (6.00) in the land of the rising sun, actually got through and was in the Q till cut off. Now I cant even get the robot to answer.

It's frustrating beyond belief. It's working now, but seemingly only those tickets I hadn't clicked days ago, like the failed attempts are locked out. I can download exactly half of each allocation, 1 of 2 Scotland, 2 of 4 Japan etc. It's maddening

And now this;

"Pardon Our Interruption...

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:
    •You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
    •You've disabled JavaScript and/or cookies in your web browser.
    •A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running. Additional information is available in this support article."

I got one more printed from my phone before it shut down. 3 to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aahern

I had the same problem. Clear your browsing history and it should work again.

Finally got them all. Clearing cache, etc, no joy. Then plugged up a different pc. Got last 3. What a pita, but sorted now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement