Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Riskymove wrote: »
    I couldn't find anything

However, the email says to check the availability in advance!!

Yeah I'm looking there and can't find it. Site isn't great. Have you an account yeah? Might have to go and try to apply for tickets and see if you can check that way? But probably say ticket window not open til 19th say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

is there any chance anyone on this thread has an opportunity to buy tickets for the quarter final that they are not taking up.
    Or if they are would mind buying two extra tickets. There is a group of us going over and getting anxious about the tickets, thanks Redved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

redved wrote: »
    is there any chance anyone on this thread has an opportunity to buy tickets for the quarter final that they are not taking up.
    Or if they are would mind buying two extra tickets. There is a group of us going over and getting anxious about the tickets, thanks Redved

You know the general sale is in the next few weeks right?

troyzer wrote: »
    You know the general sale is in the next few weeks right?

Yup, all registered for that. Was just seeing if anyone had access to the earlier draw on Tuesday. There's 13 of us going and not a ticket between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The Tuesday sale is only for those who were unsuccessful in previous ballots - note, unsuccessful, not those who opted not to take the tickets they were offered. The real General Sale is next Saturday.

The Tuesday sale is only for those who were unsuccessful in previous ballots - note, unsuccessful, not those who opted not to take the tickets they were offered. The real General Sale is next Saturday.

Yeah I guess I am looking for people who were unsuccessful previously but who are not now going to go. A long shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If you were successful in one ballot, but unsuccessful in another you get access to the Tuesday sale also

Email from the ticketing website there suggests that they haven't fixed their server capacity issue.

So even though the sale starts at 11:19, it's likely that you'll have to try and time it perfectly so that you can get in the queue for the site and get in at the right time. You get booted off after half an hour as well.

This is an absolute mess. Complete crap shoot.

Presale also seems to be available to anyone who got some tickets in 1 ballot but not all the tickets they applied for. Thought it was if you had no luck altogether in a ballot..
    Also says there will be more opportunities to buy in 2019 but dunno does this apply specifically to Ireland group or knockout games: " During 2019 there will be further opportunities to purchase RWC 2019 tickets as new ticket inventory becomes available. These tickets will be a mixture of seats released from ongoing venue planning and configuration, handbacks from the tournament's commercial programme and unions, and tickets that have been registered for official resale by fans who can no longer attend matches. Details will be released in advance of sale."

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Presale also seems to be available to anyone who got some tickets in 1 ballot but not all the tickets they applied for. Thought it was if you had no luck altogether in a ballot..
    Also says there will be more opportunities to buy in 2019 but dunno does this apply specifically to Ireland group or knockout games: " During 2019 there will be further opportunities to purchase RWC 2019 tickets as new ticket inventory becomes available. These tickets will be a mixture of seats released from ongoing venue planning and configuration, handbacks from the tournament's commercial programme and unions, and tickets that have been registered for official resale by fans who can no longer attend matches. Details will be released in advance of sale."

I wouldn't rely on returns for tickets further down the road. This is basically it. If you can't get tickets in this sale your chances of knockout games are probably gone. Unless you're well connected or constantly checking the site.

I wouldn't rely on returns for tickets further down the road. This is basically it. If you can't get tickets in this sale your chances of knockout games are probably gone. Unless you're well connected or constantly checking the site.

Guess there might be some movement of tickets depending on who gets into qfs and semis? Maybe more fans selling on though rather than officially. Not sure are some amount of tickets ring-fenced for the 2 teams that make it to each knockout game, once it's definitely known..

Guess there might be some movement of tickets depending on who gets into qfs and semis? Maybe more fans selling on though rather than officially. Not sure are some amount of tickets ring-fenced for the 2 teams that make it to each knockout game, once it's definitely known..

Possibly but that's going to be during the tournament when it's too late to start booking a holiday. Unless you're minted.

Same goes for selling outside official channels, you're going to be gouged.

I don't think tickets are ringfenced for knockouts. Do you mean they keep an allocation for the unions concenred?

Possibly but that's going to be during the tournament when it's too late to start booking a holiday. Unless you're minted.

Same goes for selling outside official channels, you're going to be gouged.

I don't think tickets are ringfenced for knockouts. Do you mean they keep an allocation for the unions concenred?

Ah yeah but meant if people were traveling over anyway. Know a few people with flights booked and going for experience but hoping they come across tickets. For not officially meant through their fan resale yoke rather than directly from RWC. Not sure do tickets have to be face value through it.. Yeah I was wondering if they do but maybe not! Have my knockout tickets sorted but never been to knockout at RWC so not sure the craic!

Ah yeah but meant if people were traveling over anyway. Know a few people with flights booked and going for experience but hoping they come across tickets. For not officially meant through their fan resale yoke rather than directly from RWC. Not sure do tickets have to be face value through it.. Yeah I was wondering if they do but maybe not! Have my knockout tickets sorted but never been to knockout at RWC so not sure the craic!

I suppose there will be those and there might be enough tickets floating around to satisfy a few of them.

I would imagine tickets have to go at face value through the resale service.

Just on this. They've updated the text on the website related to the resale service since I've last checked.
    9) Official Resale Service

Rugby World Cup Japan 2019 will provide the official resale service closer to the tournament time. The service will be the opportunity for those who can no longer attend the match due to various personal reasons. Please be reminded that this is the only official resale service, and tickets NOT purchased via an official RWC 2019 website will be refused entry to the match.

Official Ticket Resale Service
    Period: Scheduled to be available in May 2019
    Tickets: Individual match tickets
    - Must be posted for resale by the ticket holder (the person who initially purchased the tickets).
    - Bundled tickets (Team Pack, Stadium Pack) and Premium Seat tickets are not applicable,
    * When the ticket(s) is resold, the total ticket price less 2% charges will be refunded to the original ticket holder.
    * Further details are scheduled to be announced in March 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Flights sorted today. It's all getting very real!

Based on the website queues just to get into the payment screens for the last round of the ticket ballot, I'm not holding much hope of success tomorrow when the pre-sale-general sale is on. The site will almost certainly fail most people.

I actually think there is a much better chance of picking up returns on the resale site, especially closer to the dates of the games. I already know I will be returning a couple of tickets for sure. I will post here to let you know when I'm returning them as they went up on the site immediately last time around (2015). So maybe you'd be able to pick them up.

I know of a couple of people who got to as many games, and semi-finals as they wanted in the 2015 world cup, by checking the resale site each morning when the tournament was on. Could be another approach for anyone who didn't get the tickets they wanted so far. If you're willing to hedge your bets and book flights + accom. for the period anyway.

Quick update.

The website is offline and they're only flipping the switch tomorrow at 11:29 our time.

So it'll still be a crapshoot but at least you won't be wasting time with queues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Quick update.

The website is offline and they're only flipping the switch tomorrow at 11:29 our time.

So it'll still be a crapshoot but at least you won't be wasting time with queues
    We’ll give it a go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Fingers crossed we all have a bit more luck this time around. Have 3 of the group games sorted, hoping for the Japan game(unlikely) and the QF.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Quick update.

It opens at 11:19 our time, not 11:29.

• Advertisement

Brozy wrote: »
    It opens at 11:19 our time, not 11:29.

Yeah sorry, that was a fat finger moment.

I have a countdown widget on my desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

ten minutes left...are you ready ?

trevezel wrote: »
    ten minutes left...are you ready ?

Creaming myself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Still under maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

hermano wrote: »
    Still under maintenance?

Very unjapanesey!

hermano wrote: »
    Still under maintenance?

in a que now, 40,000 infront..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Even though I had the queue page open with the countdown timer, it immediately said there were 46270 ahead of me when it hit 19 mins past. What a joy this process is!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

83000 people before me....ok, it s already dead ...

79,748th in the queue....

Are you ****ing serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

68,000. Good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

86000 ahead of me. Not looking good but hopefully will have some luck further down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

3,000 ahead of me. Fingers crossed :eek:

ive 30000 ahead of me, anyone else notice the timer was out of sync, it was counting down to 11.20 for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Number 870. Hopefully will be lucky.

This has to be a ping issue.

The website opens at X time and all of the requests come flooding in. But a request from an IP address 500m away from the server is bound to get in first ahead of some Paddy 10,000km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Please let us know if you are successful, and what tickets you bought?

Chris871 wrote: »
    ive 30000 ahead of me, anyone else notice the timer was out of sync, it was counting down to 11.20 for me?

I was the same

I think though it put a que form when you logged onto the site, even when the timer was on..

to be early in it you'd want to have had the que open by 6 am by the looks of things

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Number 870. Hopefully will be lucky.

And what time did you log on at? I have been at 69,000 since I came on it after the countdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

So for those of us logging in for the 19th, I imagine there's feck all hope of Ireland tickets.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I was the same

I think though it put a que form when you logged onto the site, even when the timer was on..

to be early in it you'd want to have had the que open by 6 am by the looks of things

i would've done that last night if i thought that was the case.

Chris871 wrote: »
    i would've done that last night if i thought that was the case.

It's not true. I've had the page open since I got into work this morning at seven.

One of the guys in my office only got in at half ten and I asked him to go on the site as well. He's 30,000 ahead of me in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

88000 ahead of me, think its moved about 1k in 10 mins, imagine there wont be a big jump until a bunch of people are kicked after the first 30 mins. I have my flights sorted, and tickets got to the Scotland and Russia matches, would be great to get to the Japan match too.

Find it a bit odd that according to https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets/docs/inventory-en/index.html there's nothing sold out yet.
    So for those of us logging in for the 19th, I imagine there's feck all hope of Ireland tickets.

I'd imagine there wouldnt be a big demand for the Russia game, awkward location and not a big match

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Can people close up the line let us know what tickets are left? I’m at 10k and will update once in.

Hang in there guys, tickets for all four pool games sorted. Seems to be quite a bit left.

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Hang in there guys, tickets for all four pool games sorted. Seems to be quite a bit left.

Well done. But how did you get so high up the queue?

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Well done. But how did you get so high up the queue?

I'm currently in the US I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Had 3 devices open on the page and then set the alarm for 30 minutes ago and waited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

15,000 in the queue and looking for quarter final tickets. How's it looking? The queue is barely moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

first 30 window is up, so will have a better idea how quick its going to move now.

How do you know this is live?

• Advertisement
Advertisement