Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it just me or does there seem to be greater demand for this RWC than England 2015? Or is it just the way they are managing the sale? Guess it's easier for fans from Australia, New Zealand, then if even a fraction of Japan's c. 120m population are keen, then it's a sizable demand. Plus I guess the novelty of it being in Japan too for travelling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

troyzer wrote: »
    How do you know this is live?

From the RWC Site:

You can check ticket availability by both match and price category here or via updates on our official Twitter account @rugbyworldcup

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

How do you know this is live?

i was looking about ten mins ago and its changed since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Hmm, fair enough.

I've barely moved. No jump after half an hour.

Chris871 wrote: »
    first 30 window is up, so will have a better idea how quick its going to move now.

What happens after the 30 mins? Do you have a certain time to log back in? Or are you just booted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Came in at 45,000 after half hour only moved 2,000.

After the 30 min first window was hoping to drop 5,000 in few mins. Going be here forever.

That live availeabilty chart has p1ssed me off. Tickets availeable for all Irelands games and quarter and semi but when I applied twice before I didnt get them.

I hate those people who applied and had no chance of going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Hang in there guys, tickets for all four pool games sorted. Seems to be quite a bit left.

Did you get a confirmation? I went to pay, there's a pending 1c transaction in my account, but it said there was some issue. However when I tried to pay again it said there was already a pending payment in process. I can see the tickets under "My Applications" but again, the application is pending. No confirmation on anything so now I've no idea if I have them or not...

Samoa game plus 2 semi-finals - got QF tickets in the ballot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's the best strategy if I fail to get tickets this week? Looking for the quarter final on the 19th. On secondary ticket sites, they're currently about €350. Typically I find regular match ticket prices go down the closer the match approaches.

But in a knockout match which involves long distance travel for most fans, is this still going to be the case?

Blisterman wrote: »
    What's the best strategy if I fail to get tickets this week? Looking for the quarter final on the 19th. On secondary ticket sites, they're currently about €350. Typically I find regular match ticket prices go down the closer the match approaches.

But in a knockout match which involves long distance travel for most fans, is this still going to be the case?

Nobody actually has tickets yet. So anybody claiming they can sell them to you for €350 is talking through their hoop.

Blisterman wrote: »

General sale is Saturday I think... will first try again then if unsuccessful today.

• Advertisement

swiftman wrote: »
    Came in at 45,000 after half hour only moved 2,000.

After the 30 min first window was hoping to drop 5,000 in few mins. Going be here forever.

That live availeabilty chart has p1ssed me off. Tickets availeable for all Irelands games and quarter and semi but when I applied twice before I didnt get them.

I hate those people who applied and had no chance of going

I've a feeling they were offering most expensive options first. 4 of us applied for a couple of pool games each and qf and semi in October. 2 of us were lucky. I picked category B and cascaded up and down and paying by Mastercard. Got offered A for semi-final. Tickets were close to 400e for semi-final each..

That said I dunno how much of the cheaper categories are left. I thought prices were fairly expensive given the expense it will cost to get there for most fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation? I went to pay, there's a pending 1c transaction in my account, but it said there was some issue. However when I tried to pay again it said there was already a pending payment in process. I can see the tickets under "My Applications" but again, the application is pending. No confirmation on anything so now I've no idea if I have them or not...

Yeah email confirmation of payment and secural of tickets. Money has gone through as well. Paid with Revolut.

Someone had posted something recently later about this. Did site accept payment method? In previous ballot, I was getting error message and when i rang my bank they had put hold on account because they thought it was suspicious.Might be worth ringing them to make sure everything has gone through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Nobody actually has tickets yet. So anybody claiming they can sell them to you for €350 is talking through their hoop.

You just don’t seem to understand. Correct, nobody has tickets in their hand yet. But those that are selling have confirmation got that they have been allocated tickets.

43170 in line @ 12:13

finbarrk wrote: »
    You just don’t seem to understand. Correct, nobody has tickets in their hand yet. But those that are selling have confirmation got that they have been allocated tickets.

Or so they say. There is a problem with resale websites and people just fraudently selling their "tickets".

I also imagine that they'll crack down hard on touts. They make it clear that they'll cancel tickets which have been resold. Whether or not they can prove that by IDing people on the day is the question. But you're taking a big risk by going onto the secondary market.

You'd be better off watching the official exchange like a hawk.

Or so they say. There is a problem with resale websites and people just fraudently selling their "tickets".

I also imagine that they'll crack down hard on touts. They make it clear that they'll cancel tickets which have been resold. Whether or not they can prove that by IDing people on the day is the question. But you're taking a big risk by going onto the secondary market.

You'd be better off watching the official exchange like a hawk.

Yeah there seems to be lots of notices about tickets bought from unofficial sources won't be accepted. How will they know origin is another question though.

This sale is going on til Thursday and there's another one Saturday. There will be ad hoc sales between now and September too. And fans reselling tickets on RWC site. There's bound to be people who can't make it reselling and just hoping to get their money back.

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Yeah email confirmation of payment and secural of tickets. Money has gone through as well. Paid with Revolut.

Yeah something was a miss. Got back in somehow after the 30 min window and basket was empty and that application was gone. Tried again, got Samoa and SF2 but Cat C and D for SF1 were unavailable. Got prompted for my OTP from KBC and all went through fine. Status confirmed now and got the email. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

The rate this Queue is moving theres no chance ill get access prior to the site maintenance. I'll be leaving it open for the day and checking back in this evening when the sites back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

43,350 in the queue at 12.19. Pretty painful watching the tickets get snapped up when you had the page open and ready all morning!

I'm surprised how slow it's been. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

FYI
    some people who logged in at 1119 got like 60000th

they are still showing 55,000th etc

However, just joining the queue now indicates 30,000

so the wait may not be as bad as you think

43,350 in the queue at 12.19. Pretty painful watching the tickets get snapped up when you had the page open and ready all morning!

I'm surprised how slow it's been. :eek:

there is a 30 minute window before people might finish up and leave

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

i ve just joined the queue with another computer : 120000...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does there seem to be greater demand for this RWC than England 2015? Or is it just the way they are managing the sale?

Most likely the way they are managing or manipulating the sale would be more appropriate.
    They want to artificially increase the demand so as to sell the Category A and hospitality tickets.

There is no way that a tournament in Japan would have a higher demand than one taking place in Europe.
    There will be loads of unsold tickets come next September,especially at those high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Riskymove wrote: »
    FYI
    some people who logged in at 1119 got like 60000th

they are still showing 55,000th etc

However, just joining the queue now indicates 30,000

so the wait may not be as bad as you think

I was about 4,000th when I joined at 11.19; still not in. About 700 ahead of me now.

• Advertisement

The final is now sold out except for Premium and wheelchair seats.

That's me goosed then. I already had semis and I wanted tickets to the final.

Padkir wrote: »
    I was about 4,000th when I joined at 11.19; still not in. About 700 ahead of me now.

if that worked formally then it would suggest only 3,300 have got in

yet I get 30,000 logging in at 1223 while my mate is still 55000 being in at 1119

so it is hard to now exactly what has happened numbers wise

I'd imagine that people are also dropping off depending on if they can pay attention for the next few hours or not. Either way it's all over the place.

I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

It works.

What. The. ****.

• Advertisement

That's what I used to get in this morning... I have no idea why it works... sorry I didn't post it sooner but I had somebody else check it and when it worked for them I thought omg it's not just a weird cache thing on my pc.

Hope ye all get the tickets ye want!

I love you man... owe you a pint...

That's what I used to get in this morning... I have no idea why it works... sorry I didn't post it sooner but I had somebody else check it and when it worked for them I thought omg it's not just a weird cache thing on my pc.

Hope ye all get the tickets ye want!

Cheers.

Too late for me unfortunately. I only wanted tickets to the final which is sold out.

Oh well.

I love you woman... owe you a pint...

FYP
    Cheers.

Too late for me unfortunately. I only wanted tickets to the final which is sold out.

Oh well.

Keep checking back in - as I mentioned in my first post I wanted SF1 but Cat C and Cat D were unavailable, however some people who were hogging them in their baskets must have decided against and managed to grab 2 Cat D before they were unavailable again. Never say never!

FYP

Keep checking back in - as I mentioned in my first post I wanted SF1 but Cat C and Cat D were unavailable, however some people who were hogging them in their baskets must have decided against and managed to grab 2 Cat D before they were unavailable again. Never say never!

Can you get a wheelchair seat if you intentionally shatter both of your ankles? Or the ankles of the loved one you're going with?

Can you get a wheelchair seat if you intentionally shatter both of your ankles? Or the ankles of the loved one you're going with?

I can't say that I hadn't also considered this...

many thanks

SF tickets bought and email confirmation

Had to go to Cat B

I'm in too - but getting an error when looking for Semi Final tickets - "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." - even though I don't have any tickets same day. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

You beauty! Thanks worked for me. Can only make one pool game but wanted child ticket too. Rang AIB visa to make sure I’d have no problems. Relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

You sir are an absolute legend!!!! Sat looking at the Queue for 2 hours, going from 15000 to 10000, and then thought to browse here to beat the boredom. Straight in, tickets bought and ready to live the dream.

Ireland v. Scotland, Japan & Russia, as well as Wales v Georgia as a little add-on.

• Advertisement

I got booted out. Tried that link again just out of curiosity.

And it let me back in.

Absolute ****ing shambles of a process so I wouldn't feel guilty at all about taking advantage of a massive loophole.

Absolutely ****ing shambles of a process so I wouldn't feel guilty at all about taking advantage of a massive loophole.

well yeah, but let's hope it stands up now!!

Riskymove wrote: »
    well yeah, but let's hope it stands up now!!

I'm sure it will.

I'm going to try this link again for the general sale. The articles going around said something like 200,000 are being released today and another 400,000 on the general sale.

There's every chance I might still be able to get tickets. Not today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

free drinks for you in japan. Got my quarter final tickets.
    Queue still only dropped me 5,000 spaces in 2 hours haha

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

You are a hero! Ireland v Scotland and Quarter final tickets sorted. The games are a month apart :o

That loophole is mad. Basically can select ticket category if available? In the ballot in October it was a lottery and were allocated what you got and that was that.

Maybe should have held off for this presale! Then again would have been different altogether if had to wait hours only to find out everything was gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Unreal, got in with this and manage to get a ticket for the Japan match, thanks so much. The NZ v SA is tempting now too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Reap-a-rat, u are a star. B tickets for IreScot and NZL SthA. Top man.

Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Had queue open from last night on phone and on work laptop from 9am this morning. When queue opened I was 12,000th on phone and 859th on laptop :confused::confused: So seems that made no difference.

Managed to get the right, hopefully, quarters tickets. Got semi's in ballot previously so im a happy guy :D:D

Very sound of Reap to post the link there, as seems to work perfectly and the queues now seem to be crazy and hours long. Ill add a pint to your Japan haul Reap.

Advertisement