Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Box with Ubuntu File Share

Options
  • 31-01-2018 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I bought a minix u9-h and have set up Kodi client on it.

I have installed Ubuntu desktop on backend media server and created an NFS share on this along with a MYSQL database so I can sync the content with further client boxes in future.

The share worked okay, however when I reboot the server I cannot connect to the share.

I debugges it and discovered if I manually restart the service in Ubuntu for NFS everything is okay.

My question is does Ubuntu auto starts the NFS service on start up or do I need to add configuration for this.

Perhaps the issue is related to the drive I have on the share mapping across.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Feel fee to cross-post this query on the Computers forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Next time it restarts check that msql is really not starting
    ps -ef | grep mysql

If there is more than one line there, it's started and there's some other problem.

Ubuntu now uses systemd / systemctl instead of init for startup so you might find useful info here:
    https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/using-systemd.html#systemd-mysql-configuration
    Scroll down a bit to Ubuntu / Debian

It might be a bit heavy going, but you might find better keywords to Google
    Actually try:

find /etc/ -name 'mysql*'
    To see what config files are there already
    To

Advertisement