Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim tax if you are married!!

Options
  • 31-01-2018 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I am married and i moved to Ireland 3 months ago and on revenue my civil status is single. Can i change my civil status to married and claim tax as my wife is not living with me in Ireland at the moment she is looking to move to Ireland after 4 months and she is dependant on me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ec18

alex456 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am married and i moved to Ireland 3 months ago and on revenue my civil status is single. Can i change my civil status to married and claim tax as my wife is not living with me in Ireland at the moment she is looking to move to Ireland after 4 months and she is dependant on me.

Thanks

you'll need to look up revenue for what their opinion/policy for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You will be assessed as a single person however depending on your wife's income and nationality you may be able to claim tax credits as a married person.

Advertisement