Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Prepaypower

Options
  • 31-01-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I switched over from Prepaypower this morning to yourselves. Just wondering when do I contact Prepay power to get the meter deactivated? Do I wait until I get my electric ireland account number or do I do it straight away?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi snypers12,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your provider.

It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours before the other provider will recieve notification of your switch to Electric Ireland. As such, we recommend calling them tomorrow or Friday. Once you type in the deactivation code, the Pay As You Go unit will no longer function as a prepayment meter.

Have you switched to Electric Ireland for bill-pay or Pay As You Go?

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭snypers12

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give them a ring Friday so. I have switched to bill pay with yourselves
    Hi snypers12,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your provider.

It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours before the other provider will recieve notification of your switch to Electric Ireland. As such, we recommend calling them tomorrow or Friday. Once you type in the deactivation code, the Pay As You Go unit will no longer function as a prepayment meter.

Have you switched to Electric Ireland for bill-pay or Pay As You Go?

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi snypers12,

You are very welcome.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement