Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dead ivy

Options
  • 31-01-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So my neighbour has about 5 different ivy growing through the fence separating our gardens.

He has recently had these killed off over a few months.

There is now dead ivy all along my side of the fence.

Who is responsible for clearing the dead ivy away and then making the fence look right after. I have seen what the panel looks like behind the ivy and it has turned black.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You are responsible for maintaining your side of a boundary fence.

You can (technically must) offer him back the dead cuttings but he is not obliged to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

50% width of the boundary wall or fence is yours your side.up to you to clear your side even though it grew through from bollocky bills side.hack it down gather it and burn it in a barrel and hopefully smoke the neighbor out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 philip_tyrrell@

I always knew I was responsible for trimming overhang etc. but I would have thought the fact he has killed them off he would be responsible for the removal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

good manners would indicate he should clear up the mess, but that doesn't mean it's the law.

Advertisement