Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Concord alarm system sensors

Options
  • 31-01-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have an old Phonewatch alarm system in my house (no longer monitored). The make is Concord. I need 4 new door and window sensors which don't seem to be made any more. Can anyone advise where I might pick some up. I have tried ebay etc.. Maybe someone could advise me what current makes would work with the system.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tty UTC (Aritech)
    Address: Unit, 2004 Orchard Ave, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin
    Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8 a.m. Thu
    Phone: (01) 469 9760

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sileboords

Thanks Koolkid.
    They were very helpful but only sell wholesale. They think the RF620i4/M sensor should work with the system (which transmits at 433 MHz).

N & D in Nutgrove sell a HKC RF sensor which responds to the same frequency.

Has anyone used one of these with a Concord panel and found them to work? They cost €55 + vat each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The HKC RF sensor is actually 868 mhz.

Thanks Kub.. They told me it was 433mHz. Maybe they are available at both frequencies?

I have since spoken to a guy at 'Main Security' who told me that you need to know a code to attach any extra sensors to an eircom phonewatch panel. Apparently it is some version of the original account number and can be figured out by someone who works for or did work for them. I will try and get the code from them but that might be difficult or cost an exorbitant fee.

He says all eircom phonewatch equipment was purpose made for them and is not easy to get hold of.

If anyone knows of someone upgrading their system and throwing out the old sensors I'd be happy to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sileboords wrote: »
    Thanks Kub.. They told me it was 433mHz. Maybe they are available at both frequencies?

I have since spoken to a guy at 'Main Security' who told me that you need to know a code to attach any extra sensors to an eircom phonewatch panel. Apparently it is some version of the original account number and can be figured out by someone who works for or did work for them. I will try and get the code from them but that might be difficult or cost an exorbitant fee.

He says all eircom phonewatch equipment was purpose made for them and is not easy to get hold of.

If anyone knows of someone upgrading their system and throwing out the old sensors I'd be happy to take them.

Ok who ever told you HKC RF is on 433 has no idea what they are talking about and HKC RF will only work on HKC systems, that is all about it.
    433 is historic, all systems are on the 868 mhz platform since the EN50131 standard was introduced.

What you have is ancient, have you considered upgrading the system?

• Advertisement

No problem getting the code from eircom. They post out a disclaimer for you to sign first. Another hurdle cleared.....

Yes Kub... I am considering that too. But we have 17 windows and doors (house built in the oil boom of the sixties with an extension full of glass built out the back) and quotes are coming in at around €1500.
    The old system works fine so I would like to adapt it if I can for now.

Advertisement