If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED 55B7V - See Mod Warning at Post #59

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭micks_address

Snipped

Please see Charter, queries are for Richersounds to answer, please don't intervene in threads with advice/opinion etc.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2011 wrote: »
    Hi 2011, unfortunately one of the stipulations in our price beat policy is the competitor must have the item in stock. So unfortunately in this instance I would not be able to offer a price beat

Regards Stephen

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi 2011, unfortunately one of the stipulations in our price beat policy is the competitor must have the item in stock. So unfortunately in this instance I would not be able to offer a price beat

Regards Stephen
    I understand completely. I have emailed them to find out when they are back in stock. 

Once this is resolved will you price match?

Regards Stephen
    I understand completely. I have emailed them to find out when they are back in stock. 

Once this is resolved will you price match?
    Hi 2011.

As long as it falls within our price beat policy we will beat the price.

• Advertisement

Ok, they said that they will have them in by the end of next week at the same price, €1598. Warranty is 5 years, I know yours is 6.

Ok, they said that they will have them in by the end of next week at the same price, €1598. Warranty is 5 years, I know yours is 6.
    Hey 2011.

As soon as they show in stock on their website we can check again for a price beat.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,
    apologies I've come late to this thread - on conway.tv - we will not beat their euro pricing currently as they will not actually sell in Euro - they do advertise in Euro but this is slightly misleading as online they only charge in sterling and you take any exchange risk.

For instance I have just checked out a product clearly advertised at €2209.07 on their site and when you get to the final checkout it displays:

* Grand Total€2,209.07
    Your credit card will be charged for£1,949.00

We have contacted them by phone as well and they ony transact in sterling.

The 55B7 is currently still showing as out of stock and the price is now €1699.03.

Just for clarity of course we will always beat a cheaper quote like for like across the same currency.

As ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Snipped by Mod

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That's poor carry on so.
    Hi Tipsy,

I'm not sure if you are saying that's 'poor carry on' on our part or Conway TV.

If it's conway I'd prefer not to comment - if it's us - I do hope that Boardies will understand that we beat like for like pricing - ie we are happy to price beat the conway GBP price assuming that they have it in stock and the T's and C's are broadly the same - but we don't beat any advertised pricing where the product isn't actually available for the price advertised ( or in the currency advertised) .

Keep me posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That's poor carry on so.
    Hi Tipsy,

I'm not sure if you are saying that's 'poor carry on' on our part or Conway TV.

If it's conway I'd prefer not to comment - if it's us - I do hope that Boardies will understand that we beat like for like pricing - ie we are happy to price beat the conway GBP price assuming that they have it in stock and the T's and C's are broadly the same - but we don't beat any advertised pricing where the product isn't actually available for the price advertised ( or in the currency advertised) .

Keep me posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

Snipped by Mod

PS - When this TV goes under 1600 expect a PM:)

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

Same here :)
    And here haha

Guys,
    apologies I've come late to this thread - on conway.tv - we will not beat their euro pricing currently as they will not actually sell in Euro - they do advertise in Euro but this is slightly misleading as online they only charge in sterling and you take any exchange risk.

For instance I have just checked out a product clearly advertised at €2209.07 on their site and when you get to the final checkout it displays:

* Grand Total€2,209.07

The 55B7 is currently still showing as out of stock and the price is now €1699.03.

Just for clarity of course we will always beat a cheaper quote like for like across the same currency.

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew 
    Hi John,

Thanks for the detailed reply. 

Below is a word for word copy of the email correspondence with this supplier, I have only changed the names. 
    If you are correct (I don't doubt you) Snipped by Mod
    Due to previous experience my preference would be to purchase from Richersounds, but if the emails below are correct the price differential is simply too much. 

Hi, 

I am interested in purchasing the LG 55” OLED55B7V 
    You have it advertised here for €1598.15 but I see it is out of stock.

Will it be back in stock soon, and if so at what price?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Good Morning 2011, 
    Thank you for getting into contact with us, 
    Yes I should have the LG OLED 55" back in stock by the end of the week, i currently have them on order and am awaiting delivery. Whenever they arrive i will be in contact back with you. 
    Kind Regards 
    Peter 
    If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me on the below number.

Regards,

XXXX

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    Any idea what the price will be?

Regards,

Good Morning 2011, 
    Yes the price as previously advertised will be €1598.15. 
    Kind Regards 

XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I purchased one of these TV's from Richersounds.ie a week or two ago. Fantastic TV, just finished watching Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix in all its Dolby Vision glory, looked fantastic. Such a huge step up from my previous TV's.
    A quick question for the Richersounds guys, when I'm watching Netflix or Amazon etc it pops up every 15-20 mins asking if I want to switch to set top box. Set top box was turned off. There's probably a setting somewhere but haven't had much time with it yet to figure it all out. Just wondering if you have come across this before?
    Thanks

I purchased one of these TV's from Richersounds.ie a week or two ago. Fantastic TV, just finished watching Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix in all its Dolby Vision glory, looked fantastic. Such a huge step up from my previous TV's.
    A quick question for the Richersounds guys, when I'm watching Netflix or Amazon etc it pops up every 15-20 mins asking if I want to switch to set top box. Set top box was turned off. There's probably a setting somewhere but haven't had much time with it yet to figure it all out. Just wondering if you have come across this before?
    Thanks
    Hi Murphthesmurf.

They really are fantastic televisions. I purchased the B6 last year and it blows my mind on picture quality.

With the pop up appearing it sound like the HDMI control maybe switched on in the menu settings.

When you get home or have a few minutes in front of it, have a check in the settings and let me know if you have no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Hi Murphthesmurf.

They really are fantastic televisions. I purchased the B6 last year and it blows my mind on picture quality.

With the pop up appearing it sound like the HDMI control maybe switched on in the menu settings.

When you get home or have a few minutes in front of it, have a check in the settings and let me know if you have no luck.

You may be right, I set it up to control my Humax Freesat box so would only need to use the one remote. It did say in the menu that you may experience problems with none LG equipment. I presumed all control through was through remote, but if also through the hdmi then this could be it. I'll take a look this evening.

Hi Murphthesmurf.

You may be right, I set it up to control my Humax Freesat box so would only need to use the one remote. It did say in the menu that you may experience problems with none LG equipment. I presumed all control through was through remote, but if also through the hdmi then this could be it. I'll take a look this evening.
    No problem Murphthesmurf.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi lads, any update on price match as per 2011s latest post? 

Guys,

* Grand Total€2,209.07

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew 
    Hi John,

Thanks for the detailed reply. 

Below is a word for word copy of the email correspondence with this supplier, I have only changed the names. 
    If you are correct (I don't doubt you) Snipped by Mod
    Due to previous experience my preference would be to purchase from Richersounds, but if the emails below are correct the price differential is simply too much. 

Hi, 

I am interested in purchasing the LG 55” OLED55B7V 
    You have it advertised here for €1598.15 but I see it is out of stock.

Will it be back in stock soon, and if so at what price?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Good Morning 2011, 
    Thank you for getting into contact with us, 
    Yes I should have the LG OLED 55" back in stock by the end of the week, i currently have them on order and am awaiting delivery. Whenever they arrive i will be in contact back with you. 
    Kind Regards 
    Peter 
    If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me on the below number.

Regards,

XXXX

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    Any idea what the price will be?

Regards,

Good Morning 2011, 
    Yes the price as previously advertised will be €1598.15. 
    Kind Regards 

XXXX
    Hi 2011.

As John said above. You can not buy in Euro from this company. All there transactions are done in sterling and they get your own bank to do the conversion to Euro. 
    You can see this in John post above also.

If you want to try this out yourself on their website you will see that at the end before payment it tells you what price you will be charged in STERLING.

We can not beat their advertised euro price as this is not the price you would pay for the television if purchasing from them and of coarse they have no stock of this TV.

It also looks like it has been removed from their website. (unless I cant find it)

• Advertisement

Suppose we'll have to wait till stock arrives to see what the price is after conversion

Thanks 

Suppose we'll have to wait till stock arrives to see what the price is after conversion

Thanks 
    Hey FightingIrish.

Keep an eye out like 2011 and we will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Ye might price match Snipped by Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭axel52

Hi, pls told me price this week. Thanks

Thanks 
    Hey FightingIrish.

Keep an eye out like 2011 and we will see what happens.
    Will do, thanks

Snipped by Mod

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks,

I've had to snip a number of posts on this thread due to comments being made about other retailers - such comments are not appropriate or acceptable on the forum as set out clearly in the Charter:

Please do not make comments about other retailers when posting on this forum ! . Comments such as "XYZ shop are very expensive" or "ABC are hopeless for delivery" or "ERT have desperate customer service" or any other comment about another retailer are not allowed on this forum and will be removed without notice. If you are asking for a price-match, please state the model and price of the item and the name of the retailer selling it without passing any other comment on the retailer in question.

(emphasis added for clarity)

Please take note of this, any comments about other retailers  is not allowed here.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Cheers Ritz.

• Advertisement

Watching with interest....

This discussion has been closed.