Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Dublin to Cork - Advice appreciated

Options
  • 31-01-2018 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am moving from Dublin to Cork in the coming months.

If we can find a place to live we have 2 month's notice to give on the Apartment here. There will be no problem with references as we have been renting here well over 8 years now.

I am going to transition to remote work with a number of days in Dublin for team meetings etc.

The property we would be looking to rent would need

• 3 bedroom - Smallest will be used as Office/Study
    • Close to a train station preferable for commute to Cork city/Dublin
    • Internet access is vital, if it is a Virgin covered area then I can transfer contract, otherwise start with a new provider

I am trying to get a feel of where would be nice places to live on a commuter , so I thought I would ask here as people would have a feel of areas and there is some good advice knocking around.

If anyone even knows of places to recommend then all the better !
    Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I am moving from Dublin to Cork in the coming months.

If we can find a place to live we have 2 month's notice to give on the Apartment here. There will be no problem with references as we have been renting here well over 8 years now.

I am going to transition to remote work with a number of days in Dublin for team meetings etc.

The property we would be looking to rent would need

• 3 bedroom - Smallest will be used as Office/Study
    • Close to a train station preferable for commute to Cork city/Dublin
    • Internet access is vital, if it is a Virgin covered area then I can transfer contract, otherwise start with a new provider

I am trying to get a feel of where would be nice places to live on a commuter , so I thought I would ask here as people would have a feel of areas and there is some good advice knocking around.

If anyone even knows of places to recommend then all the better !
    Thoughts ?

St Luke's is a great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Don't! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't! :pac:

Dont move to St Lukes or Cork in general?

Saying that, my cousin moved to Cork 50 years ago when she married a local. She's not been able to talk properly since.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Nearest places to the train station would be: St Lukes, Patricks Hill area, Wellington Road, City Centre... Not many 3 bed places in city centre though. Glanmire maybe?

Just looking at Daft there, not much around! If you wanted to move outside of the city Midleton might be a good bet. There is a train but wouldn't be on the Dublin line. You'd need to go to Cork first.

Douglas is a popular suburb, wouldn't be a huge fan myself. Very bad traffic. Blackrock is a lovely area and Ballincollig is very popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 manofthehour2

Cork is a great place, Clonakilty man myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement