Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tablet scam with eir

Options
  • 31-01-2018 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Don’t sign up with any offers with eir as my mother signed up to broadband in store with eir to avail of the free tablet! No sign of it and the store is telling us that it is a third party involved to supply it and there is nothing they can do and yet they signed her up for it! She is just 70 and customer service can’t help her either!! Lacking source of empathy for a older lady who feels she was duped and scammed now by eir and their advertising! Can anyone help or suggest a line a action before I go legal for her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's probably with the tv she ordered from Sky... She's not having great luck!

When did she order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Make an official complaint with Com Reg, once i did this Eir were very quick to resolve my issues

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

mel123 wrote: »
    Make an official complaint with Com Reg, once i did this Eir were very quick to resolve my issues
    You need to exhaust Eir's complaint process first before Comreg will entertain anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Craicgomaith

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's probably with the tv she ordered from Sky... She's not having great luck!

When did she order it?

She ordered in end of nov but was told it could take up to 90 days to get it so she just waited

You need to exhaust Eir's complaint process first before Comreg will entertain anything.

Just going to have to hound them but they are terrible at getting in touch to and getting the right person to deal with. They just fob you off and pass the buck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Just going to have to hound them but they are terrible at getting in touch to and getting the right person to deal with. They just fob you off and pass the buck!
    Hi Craicgomaith,

I have messaged you on a previous thread.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Few of us having the same issue. Would like to hear how you get on with this and whether you get sorted with the tablet offer as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Few of us having the same issue. Would like to hear how you get on with this and whether you get sorted with the tablet offer as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Will do someone from eir is trying to resolve it now but I have little hope as know one seems to take any responsibility for it! Store or customer service! They keep telling my mum that it is out of their hands and with this third party! But no one can get in touch with this crowd so it must be a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Edjp

It's a scam. I signed up for a black friday offer. After a few calls of them telling me the tablet will arrive soon. Suddenly I wasn't entitled to it. I'll be getting in contact with comreg. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Edjp wrote: »
    It's a scam. I signed up for a black friday offer. After a few calls of them telling me the tablet will arrive soon. Suddenly I wasn't entitled to it. I'll be getting in contact with comreg. 
    Hi Edjp, 

Thomas has responded to you on the other thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement