Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What channel will replace the mgm channel?

• 31-01-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey there does anybody know what channel if any will be replacing the mgm channel on virgin media?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You posted the same question on the 'Talk to.....' Virgin Media forum and they haven't answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lauraww

coylemj wrote: »
    You posted the same question on the 'Talk to.....' Virgin Media forum and they haven't answered.

I know, that's why I posted here, I figured that a member of the public might be more polite and respond to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Probably nothing. They are not obliged to replace channels that cease to broadcast or are removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Sorry for a tread high jack! I honestly think paying for TV is no longer worth it unless you are into Sport - my set up is Freeview/Saorview & Netflix and if I want to watch a match NOWTV or when Im let the pub :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You’ve already set up a thread on that so maybe just stick to that

OP I haven’t been with Virgin Media for years and information on the MGM Channel is notoriously hard to come by so I hadn’t heard it had shut down. It’s sister channel, MGM HD (which was not a HD simulcast of MGM!) closed down years ago.

In general however just because a channel closes doesn’t mean Virgin will replace it with something. That might have been the case back in the analogue era but it’s not the case now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I’ve noticed the content under MGM on-demand has an AMC logo. Now I’ve never checked it before now - so this could have always been the case. If not - perhaps AMC might replace it in some way?

Advertisement