Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2016

Options
  • 31-01-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have just got a new PC and am trying to Migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. I have a @eircom.net email address as I am a former Eir customer but am now a Vodafone customer (my ISP).

I initially set up my Outlook account as an IMAP account but couldn’t get connected to the Eircom incoming server but I could send via the outgoing Vodafone server. I then deleted the IMAP account and set up a POP account. Now I can access the incoming Eircom server but can’t access the outgoing Vodafone server. It seems crazy that I could access the Vodafone outgoing server with the IMAP account but can’t with the POP account and similarly I can now access the Eircom incoming server with a POP account but couldn’t with the IMAP account. As you can probably guess, I’m not a techo person but for goodness sake what’s going on here - what am I missing?

I am using the following settings:
    POP3 mail1.eircom.net - Port 110
    SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie - Port 25
    I have tried disabling SSL etc - nothing seems to work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Fake News

You just need to set up a new Outlook email address. Forward your old email address to the new email and inform any contacts of the change.

Advertisement