Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur versus Manchester United 31st January 20:18

• 31-01-2018 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Tottenham-_Hotspur-vs-_Manchester-_United-696x439.jpg

Tottenham's defeat in the reverse fixture earlier this season was their 80th in league competition against Manchester United - 11 more defeats than versus any other opponent.
    Spurs have won two of their seven Premier League matches against Manchester United under Mauricio Pochettino (D1 L4), as many as they'd won across their previous 26 games against the United, spanning eight different managers (Glenn Hoddle, David Pleat, Jacques Santini, Martin Jol, Juande Ramos, Harry Redknapp, Andre Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood).
    Tottenham have won their last two home league games against Manchester United - they last won three consecutively against them back in September 1966.
    Spurs have picked up just three points in their five games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd this season (W1 D0 L4), fewer than any other 'big six' side in these fixtures.
    No team are on a current longer unbeaten run in the Premier League than Manchester United (8).
    Mauricio Pochettino is unbeaten in his last three Premier League home games against Jose Mourinho (W2 D1), winning 5-3 against Chelsea in January 2015, and in this exact fixture in May last season.
    Alexis Sanchez could make his Premier League debut for Man Utd in this game; he scored in Arsenal's 2-0 win against Spurs in November, and could become the third player to score against them for two different clubs in the same Premier League season after Eric Cantona in 1992-93 and Benito Carbone in 1999-00.

Screenshot_20180131-173109.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is kick off not 20:00?

:confused:

:pac:

United win, Alli to get sent off for kung fu kicking Sanchez.

Good man, Jayo!

gbkUINM.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Maybe it's the range of the amount of possession United will have tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thank for setting the new thread up, as a spurs fan I'm not expecting a win, we have been having a slow predictable season in the pl and if offered a draw now I will bite your hand off ,
    No alderwald , no party sadly.

Aguero hasn't scored against us since Toby came , Aguero used to score for fun before that

I'll watch the first half and then playing indoor 7 a side at 9'

If we sign moura he won't be able to play till the next game Sunday pl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Maybe it's the range of the amount of possession United will have tonight.

You'd think by now some people would have learned that possession doesn't win games!
    Like how many lessons do some need!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

davycc wrote: »
    Thank for setting the new thread up, as a spurs fan I'm not expecting a win, we have been having a slow predictable season in the pl and if offered a draw now I will bite your hand off ,
    No alderwald , no party sadly.

Aguero hasn't scored against us since Toby came , Aguero used to score for fun before that

I'll watch the first half and then playing indoor 7 a side at 9'

If we sign moura he won't be able to play till the next game Sunday pl

No problem and hopefully it's a good game.

I think us United fans are quietly confident but that could easily be misguided and a draw would be a good result for us too but most of us want a win to put one step in the door of having top 4 wrapped up before champions league comes back.

Yeah Lucas would of needed to be registered yesterday to be eligible to play tonight.

Edit: your playing United not city ha.

davycc :P

It's Utd not City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

jayo26 wrote: »
    No problem and hopefully it's a good game.

I think us United fans are quietly confident but that could easily be misguided and a draw would be a good result for us too but most of us want a win to put one step in the door of having top 4 wrapped up before champions league comes back.

Yeah Lucas would of needed to be registered yesterday to be eligible to play tonight.

Edit: your playing United not city ha.

I think he is making the point of how good Alderweireld is that Aguero can't score against Spurs now? Not as many kudos for saying you have held Rashford, Martial or Lukaku scoreless.

As regards the game, the odds are no goals or one. Kane is in great form but Spurs have been very poor against busses this season. They really need Alli to buck up and also to hope that Eriksen has no after effects after the flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reported.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    davycc :P

It's Utd not City

Alderwald is our most important player imo, I was just using city as an example as Sergio used to rip us apart each game . The team don't fear him any more, Hopefully Sanchez goes missing tonight along with martial and lulaku .

We play pool next and Toby stopped most there players bar chewie Louis..

• Advertisement

You'd think by now some people would have learned that possession doesn't win games!
    Like how many lessons do some need!

I never said it didnt, just a jibe at how bad they can be to watch.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I never said it didnt, just a jibe at how bad they can be to watch.

After some of your clubs recent results ye are not really in a position to make jibes and come out of it rosey.

jayo26 wrote: »
    After some of your clubs recent results ye are not really in a position to make jibes and come out of it rosey.

A.C. Milan have been playing alright recently actually for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Anyone got a pm for where I can watch this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DU5B40lX4AA0F-u?format=jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

tastyt wrote: »
    Anyone got a pm for where I can watch this??

So tempted to PM you and say BT Sports :p

As for the team, I honestly think it's United's most attack minded possible and best possible team with the exception of Young in for Shaw at LB.

Very strong starting 11. Will be great to see the interplay up front and will there be much positional swapping or will the front 3 stay pretty much in their sector.

Judging by that he is going to play out right im just happy its mata that loses out and not jesse. Unreal pace i that attack.

The entire front 5 and the two full backs are all rapid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Two very good squads. Pretty much spurs' best 11 (that's fit), so I'd expect a good game.

No confident seeing the Utd squad. Very strong. Sanchez will score though :/

Loving that team
    Come on ta **** lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

very annoying that MOTD is an hour later on BBCNI than in the rest of the regions.

useless wrote: »
    very annoying that MOTD is an hour later on BBCNI than in the rest of the regions.

YOU can add BBC London to other channels on the hd sky box if you look it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That 20:18 is making my eye twitch.

Lorris, Tripp,Sanchez, vertongen ,Davies, Dier. Dembele, Erickson, dele,son, Kane. Subs,
    Vorm ,walker Peters, rose,wynama, Sissoko ,lamela, and lorrente

Sanchez on the right
    Lingard behind Lukaku
    Martial on the left

Fapfap

Matic really has his work cut out for him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You can just about hear them on BT pitchside with the stadium speaker.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sanchez on the right
    Lingard behind Lukaku
    Martial on the left

Fapfap

Very attacking setup for a Jose away game against a top level team. Wonder if he 'smells blood' after Spurs dropped points in their last league game. Pushing to try to put Spurs out of the top 4 race, especially with them facing Liverpool in a few days too.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Very attacking setup for a Jose away game. Wonder if 'smells blood' after Spurs dropped points in their last league game and is changing his usual cautious away approach to try to put Spurs out of the top 4 race.

We had a very attacking looking line up at anfield too don't forget. Couldn't pass the ball 5 yards that day.

• Advertisement

Very attacking setup for a Jose away game. Wonder if 'smells blood' after Spurs dropped points in their last league game and is changing his usual cautious away approach to try to put Spurs out of the top 4 race.

I actually think spurs will have more of the ball

The idea it seems is to press hard and break fast once spurs lose possession

I'm ****ing nervous about this lads. May the best team win.

Jayop wrote: »
    We had a very attacking looking line up at anfield too don't forget. Couldn't pass the ball 5 yards that day.

True enough, but even that was still effectively a back five, with two holding midfielders. There's so much pace in today's team.. can't see this lineup sitting back the same way the Anfield team did. There should actually be 3 genuine options for outballs with Alexis, Martial, and Lukaku (assuming they play even anything close to their natural games), which transforms the way Utd have played in some of these types of fixtures.

True enough, but even that was still effectively a back five, with two holding midfielders. There's so much pace in today's tea.. can't see this lineup sitting back the same way the Anfield team did.

I don't think that day it was decided to sit so deep just that all the players forgot how to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

fcuk what a start.

Set piece start for that goal

:pac:

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't think that day it was decided to sit so deep just that all the players forgot how to football.

ha, perhaps!

Interesting game ahead anyway.

<edit>
    Christ!

Wtf just happened...

Oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

He almost hit the bus ha ha

• Advertisement

Like I said. Pear shaped. Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Em... Wasn't expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ah here

Very clever from Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Yessssd. That was like an under 12s kickoff!! Brilliant!!! Jose’s plan A to Z is out the window now. We might actually have a game of football on our hands.

Fs we could have equalised already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good start here. Two lovely balls in by Sanchez and Young (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So close!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Bandwagon time again here we go

Early Spurs goal by far the best thing that could happen for entertainment for the rest of the game.

Solid reaction from United so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement