Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New player, trying to work out buying some sets

Options
  • 31-01-2018 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to darts, picked up a board just after Christmas from threatening to years. My Dad big into his darts so gave me a set to start with.

Anyway, nothing feels like your own right? I've been doing some reading about and some names keep popping up across forums or reddit.

Red Dragon Rastas
    Rob Cross 23g
    Jamie Lweis 23g

I understand things like shafts, weight and tungsten etc. I'm just struggling to work out where you actually see these things on the various websites listed in the top thread.

I've maybe assumed these are nicknames for a brand or something, but I really can't seem to find them on any website?

Trying to just work our some pricing.

Appreciate the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to darts, picked up a board just after Christmas from threatening to years. My Dad big into his darts so gave me a set to start with.

Anyway, nothing feels like your own right? I've been doing some reading about and some names keep popping up across forums or reddit.

Red Dragon Rastas
    Rob Cross 23g
    Jamie Lweis 23g

I understand things like shafts, weight and tungsten etc. I'm just struggling to work out where you actually see these things on the various websites listed in the top thread.

I've maybe assumed these are nicknames for a brand or something, but I really can't seem to find them on any website?

Trying to just work our some pricing.

Appreciate the help.

Flights and Stems all listed on the right hand side of this site. I would suggest you but a few different sets and types of flights/stems and see what you like and what works for you best.
    Don’t go mad buying the expensive ones as the cheap sets are just as good in my opinion.

I like the Harrows marathon flights myself and use the cheap nylon stems, you cant go wrong with them

Advertisement