Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone buying Litecoin?

• 31-01-2018 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Anyone buying Litecoin? Seems to be still heading down.
    I have a few coins but I bought a little too high, need to sit on it for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Yes. I bought at less than the ATH, but still "too high" so I've been trading them down as the price falls. Unfortunately, the best time to do that seems to be a couple of hours before I wake up :pac: but even so, while reducing my average price paid, I've also increased the number I'm holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

I'd like to try a bit more day trading but I haven't the time to do it comfortably - that is partially how I got stuck. But it's not too bad, it will come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Day trading is good fun on a rainy day ... unless all the movement is in one direction, or there's none at all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

I'm very reluctant to ever buy Litecoin again....

Regardless of the reason he gave for selling, Charlie Lee got out at a good price, leaving many other investors to incur losses thereafter. I think his actions left a sour taste in peoples mouths given their losses, while some people also never believed him when he said he was selling to remove a potential conflict of interest. I'm not sure if Litecoin will ever recover from the damage he did, but obviously time will tell.

Thanks,

G.

Thought some of you might be interested in this article

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

garrettod wrote: »
    Thought some of you might be interested in this article

Palwasha Saaim B.Sc thinks the price will rise because of a tweet. Wait a minute and I’ll shove my life savings into it. :rolleyes:

Palwasha Saaim B.Sc thinks the price will rise because of a tweet. Wait a minute and I’ll shove my life savings into it. :rolleyes:

Two important points to make here:
    • I said that I thought some people here might be interested in the article, I never said that I agreed with it
    • Palwasha Saaim appears to have a fairly solid background in financial matters to be fair (see here), so she's hardly the shoe shine boy tipping stocks.

Ultimately, we all pay our money and take our chances :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Yes at €100. 📈📈

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

I've a buy order at €100, and a few lower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

The Bears are taking it to $80.

• Advertisement
Advertisement