Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational Therapy Vs Speech & Language Therapy

Options
  • 31-01-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm a primary school teacher with training also in Play Therapy & Psychotherapy. I work with children with autism and prefer to work on a one-to-one basis so I am interested in exploring the idea of both Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy and have been looking at the 2 years masters courses in UL. Through my work I have some experience in both fields so I can't decide which I prefer. Has anyone on here recently done either of those M.Sc courses and how did you find them? Is there a lot of preparation involved before starting the course? Are the courses intense and can you work part-time while studying? Are there many job prospects in Ireland? What are the chances of being accepted? Do you enjoy your work now that you are qualified or is it very repetitive?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I’m interested in all of the above. So would be grateful for any insight!

Advertisement