Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatigue early in games

• 31-01-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

First time poster. I'll try and be as descriptive as possible and I appreciate any help or advice that may come my way.

I play at interccounty level. Train 3-4 times per week and play a game at weekends. I mix this with some light weight training during season.

I have a good diet, eat well, good portion of carbs, proteins and fats. I increase my carb load towards game day and I get plenty of good hydration. I tend to not eat too much sugars. I take plenty of supplements, b12 etc for energy also.

I feel great and full of energy for training but sometimes (maybe every second game) I feel very tired early in the game. It's not aerobic as I'm not short of breath, and do well in all the fitness testing, my muscles just feel tired and weak. I get the burning sensation.

I can't put it down to nutrition as I know I eat well and follow our nutritionist diet plans. It's not overtraining as I don't feel fatigued after sessions. It's purely during some games.

Anyone have any similar situation, I've had my bloods taken so it's nothing like that. I can't get to the bottom of it, I've even tracked what I do before every game and it doesn't really make sense why some games I feel great and others I feel tired. I'm 27 by the way so it's not old age either haha. Any help would be huge thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I hike, not a lot but enough, it is fairly typical experience to feel tired at the start of a hike just as I get started and push through until it goes away and I am fine for the rest of the day. It is like the body adjusts to the new load on it. My advice (limited I know) is to arrive earlier and do an early warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gemini1990

sheesh wrote: »
    I hike, not a lot but enough, it is fairly typical experience to feel tired at the start of a hike just as I get started and push through until it goes away and I am fine for the rest of the day. It is like the body adjusts to the new load on it. My advice (limited I know) is to arrive earlier and do an early warm up.

Thanks for the response. It's not that I'm tired initially, but I feel fatigued early in the game, after say 20 minutes. The training leading up to it won't have been overly tough so it's not overtraining. I can't quite put my finger on it. Ive tried it with and without caffeine tablets, other stimulants and it doesn't seem to be ang of the them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

My first thought was over training but you don't seem to think so.

How tense/hyped up would you be before these games? Any chance it's an adrenaline dump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Sounds like a mineral deficiency. Talk to your nutritionist and explain what it going on.....I could make suggestions as to what minerals, but I am no expert and from your comments already you seem to be talking supplements (b12) and caffeine tablets to boost energy....I don't want to suggesting something then you going off and taking something else which may not help.

the other thing is are you getting enough sleep......One thing to remember is that it is ok to train hard, but rest/recovery is just as important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Gemini1990 wrote: »
    but I feel fatigued early in the game, after say 20 minutes.

How do you feel late in the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

What was your iron levels like in your bloods op?

Advertisement