Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Engineer 2018

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dónal wrote: »
    Recommended timeline.

It might be recommended but my understanding is that it is taken into account when your resubmission is being assessed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Deadline day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭onrail

godtabh wrote: »
    Deadline day today.

Application submitted - now for the hard part....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

onrail wrote: »
    Application submitted - now for the hard part....!

The interminable wait? :)

Or the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭onrail

Dunphus wrote: »
    The interminable wait? :)

Or the interview?

The nagging self-doubt brought about by the wait - followed by the bottomless pit of preparation for the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

Got the nod.

Thanks to everyone for the advice in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mktsoi

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum. I just got a notification from IEI stating that I can proceed to the interview stage after resubmission of my CEng report. I submitted the CEng report first time ever 6 months ago but been informed that I should resubmit the report so I did in end of June this year. It took IEI for almost two months to inform me that I need to rewrite and resubmit the CEng report. Surprisingly, We are not even at the end of July yet and I got an email from IEI last night telling me that I can proceed to interview stage. I would really need some help with the interview because I had never been into any CEng interview before. Also, I think I will do this via video link if IEI permits me to do it because I live and work overseas.   
    Can anyone give me some advice for the interview and what sort of questions they would ask during the interview via video link please? Also, if I do the interview via video link, how do I present the drawing etc to the interview board?
    Many thx.

I'd ring and ask about the video link. I've known people to come to dublin from overseas to do this. Lads from the UK and even lads from Oz/Canada who tied it in to a family holiday home

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EmigratedEng

Hi guys,

Is anyone else submitting an application next month? I'v prepped everything and have the core of most of my essays sorted, but the issue I'm running into is that nobody in my office has gone through the process. As such, I don't really have a reference for what's a good/bad application. Engineers Ireland also don't run any courses in the country I've emigrated to so I can't reach out to any nearby members.

Does anyone happen to know of example applications floating about? I'm in structural engineering so something along those lines would be great. And any tips with regards the essays would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

Hi guys,

Is anyone else submitting an application next month? I'v prepped everything and have the core of most of my essays sorted, but the issue I'm running into is that nobody in my office has gone through the process. As such, I don't really have a reference for what's a good/bad application. Engineers Ireland also don't run any courses in the country I've emigrated to so I can't reach out to any nearby members.

Does anyone happen to know of example applications floating about? I'm in structural engineering so something along those lines would be great. And any tips with regards the essays would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm applying for the January deadline. I've completed my application and submitted it to my sponsors before the Christmas. Just need to get feedback from them and make relevant revisions before making the final application.

I don't have any example essays but I've had some advice from other Chartered Engineers on writing the application. The guidance documents from EI are key. Just follow them closely and your application should come out well. If you've any specific questions on the application I'd be happy to help.

Btw, I'm a mechanical engineer with 6 years experience. What discipline are you qualified in?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Great to see many folk applying for this - congratulations to those who have obtained it and good luck to those still in the process.

Out of interest - are many of you from a software background?

Double Post

Bobjims wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm applying for the January deadline. I've completed my application and submitted it to my sponsors before the Christmas. Just need to get feedback from them and make relevant revisions before making the final application.

I don't have any example essays but I've had some advice from other Chartered Engineers on writing the application. The guidance documents from EI are key. Just follow them closely and your application should come out well. If you've any specific questions on the application I'd be happy to help.

Btw, I'm a mechanical engineer with 6 years experience. What discipline are you qualified in?

Cheers

Thanks for advice. I've read all the documentation on offer, just had some queries on the writing/essay style. Whether bullet point, project-by-project format is better or to go with a more fluid writing style. Anyway, it's done now so will get feedback either way.

I'm a qualified civil engineer, but have spent the last 5 years solely doing structural consultancy so that will be my emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

Hi all,

There doesn't seem to be much discussion around on this year's chartered engineer applications. Was just wondering are there many readers here applying for the January deadline this Friday or planning on applying later this year?

I've my application completed and with my supporters for online verification. It would be great to get a discussion started here on experiences going through this process and if anyone has any advice for the interview stage.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ManÓg84

I’m looking into it but would very much like to hear from folks applying via route b further learning I.e. received hons degree post 2013 and don’t intend getting a masters

Bobjims wrote: »
    Hi all,

There doesn't seem to be much discussion around on this year's chartered engineer applications. Was just wondering are there many readers here applying for the January deadline this Friday or planning on applying later this year?

I've my application completed and with my supporters for online verification. It would be great to get a discussion started here on experiences going through this process and if anyone has any advice for the interview stage.

Cheers!

There is an ongoing discussion. Will merge and update later

Merging threads

Advertisement