Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSGO Semi-Pro Scene

Options
  • 01-02-2018 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Decided to post this thread as I was curious about what it would take to get on the CSGO semi pro scene and if it worth it as I am quite interested in playing on a semi pro level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

What do you mean by semi-pro, exactly? Are you trying to achieve Global Elite in competitive? Or are you looking to join a clan and compete at tournaments?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Your best bet is to join a clan that runs competitive matches.

Good luck though its nearly impossible to get anywhere on the pro scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

@Falthyron My hope would be to join a clan, attend some lans and see if I can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    @Falthyron My hope would be to join a clan, attend some lans and see if I can go from there.

I was Global Elite and played with a clan, but we didn't get anywhere. Bad management to be honest.

Here are my tips:

Download an AIM map and start playing that for about 10-15 minutes before playing online.
    Get yourself on to FACEIT and/or ESEA and play on those servers. They are 128 tick and have better anti-cheat.
    Use CS:GO competitive mode to work on your own skill. Playing by yourself with randoms can help with your own game. However, try making friends in competitive. Guys you recognise are good, but also a bit of a laugh and not toxic. Start getting an active friends list with players you have played with and enjoy playing with. Get them to join you in lobbies with a view to making a decent 5 man squad. Then you can learn about tactics, smokes, and positional play. See which fits you best. Are you a good AWPER? Do you prefer to play passively, or can you get that entry frag.

Most of all, its a lot of effort. Practice, practice, practice. When you have a decent five man team then start playing on ESEA and FACEIT. The 128 tick servers feel very different to Valve's so that will take some getting used to. Take part in tourneys online and you will start getting noticed.

I wouldn't worry too much about your CS:GO rank. A lot of pros aren't even SMFC, nevermind Global. It isn't really a good benchmark for quality, but it can be viewed as a indicator of potential.

I'm a little busy with stuff at the moment, but if you are still interested in a couple of weeks time, I can jump on and join you for a few games.

Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm trying to improve my awping but my rifling needs work as well. I'd be willing to play a few games with you but I can't say that I'll do too well;)

• Advertisement

Any suggestions about where to find a team to play with?

Advertisement