Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather conditions - February 2018.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow falling again in Dublin 16. -1.9c DP -6.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Currently -4.3C, DP -6.6C with 17cm of lying snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Light snow falling in waterford city again

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Another decent 10 Min flurry there in Kinsealy North Dublin. 3 Inches in the Garden...Told the wife thats cause its cold out :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Clondalkin this week until today.
    443341.png

Light snow now, sitting on DP of -9!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavy powder snow falling now in Dublin 16. Whiteout! -2.2c DP -5.5c atm.

Another heavy snow shower in Dublin 16...and...another cm. -2.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Overnight low of -2.5C
    9cm of level snow on the concrete.

Snowing once again after a brief lull
    -1.3C atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Heavy Snow Roscrea

4 cm overnight

Currently -2.7°C / Dew -5.3°C

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Near Mondello / Prosperous Kildare
    Temp - 2 (Real Feel -7)
    Bar @ 1018
    Dew Point -8
    Humidity 60%
    Wind ENE @ 17km/h

A foot of snow on the ground and more pouring down.

• Advertisement

After a dry spell/interlude, a light snow shower now in Dublin 16. -0.6c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

DOCARCH wrote: »
    After a dry spell/interlude, a light snow shower now in Dublin 16. -0.6c atm.

Here too in Sandyford good and heavy briefly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Snowing in waterford city again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No snow at all.

Last night's lowest: -5.1 °C.

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon boundary (inaccurate)
    28 Feb 2018 13:07:22

Temperature (°C):
    Current -0,5
    Trend (per hour) +0,7
    Average today -3,1
    Wind chill -7,8
    Heat Index -0,5
    Dew Point -6,5
    Rel Humidity 64%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 54,4 N
    Average Speed 36,7 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 0,0
    Total this month 192,5
    Total this year 625,8

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 995,3
    Trend (per hour) -0,5

www.joujoujou.com/weather

Temp now 0.4C, so no ice day. Snowing lightly again with 15cm still on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Snowing lightly now, after moderate to heavy snow all morning, there is about five inches of snow on the ground. it's good for late February, but the really impressive thing is the temperature has not got above -1- i doubt i'll experience that every again in London. I will cherish the early hours of this morning(when there was whiteout conditions) and the next day or two for a long, long time to come. Thanks beast from the east. Please come again soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mostly cloudy at Grange with some patches of blue skies. Snowy everywhere from the roads to the roofs to the grass to the cars. Snow accumulations should be around 9-12cm.

Maximum today of only -1.5c so far. Would make it my first ice day since 25 December 2010.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Mostly cloudy at Grange with some patches of blue skies. Snowy everywhere from the roads to the roofs to the grass to the cars. Snow accumulations should be around 9-12cm.

Maximum today of only -1.5c so far. Would make it my first ice day since 25 December 2010.

Congratulations on a memorable day of weather Sryan for a weather enthusiast..
    Speaking of December 2010, do you think temperature records would have broken if this had occurred in December or January? It got down to as low as -9 where I work last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

-4 at 2pm for Roche's point!! must be a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Travelling to Galway city, halfway between Tuam and GC currently, experiencing a heavy blustery shower of sleet/snow. Edit: Accumulating /intensifying with low visability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork Aiport reporting -4 degrees, im a bit below that and am currently getting -2/-3 with slight snow showers cork city suburbs

Dry this afternoon in Dublin 16. -0.8c atm. High so far today of -0.2c.

Snow shower now in Dublin 16. -1.1c DP -5.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

-0.7C

Cloudy after a recent snow shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Looks like I'm going to have an ice day - Roscrea

443465.png

Seven Worlds will Collide

Just back from a walk in my local park:
    This is a snow lovers dream criteria:

blowing snow - check
    white out conditions - check
    freezing temperatures- that leave any bit of you, exposed, very red - check

I'm running out of superlatives to describe it, this is up there with 2010-little did i think i would see anything like that again. I guess if i was guaranteed this ever year i would not appreciate it as much

Down to -3.6C with winds gusting to nearly 30 km/h, snow cover back up to 17cm after a few showers this afternoon.

Overcast but dry in Dublin 16. -1.7c atm. High of 0.0c today so did not quite make an ice day.

Edit: Meant to add (for the record) max. snow depth measured today was 13cm (level snow).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Heavy snow
    Temp plummeted to -3.0C now
    10cm accumulated since midnight

Edit -3.2C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

-1.1C

Partly cloudy

Advertisement