Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vmware certification

Options
  • 01-02-2018 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Do you still need to attend a class as part of getting VMWARE certification?
    I am looking at trying to get certified in VMWARE 6.5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

yes you need 40 hours of a course,
    then you need to do 602 foundation course then you can complete the 622 exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

any ideas on where is the cheapest course

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Check stanly.edu, they do an online course that covers you to do the exam. I think it was about $200 when I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is there a prerequisite to sit a new course if you were previously certified?
    I was 5.1 DCV certified and looking at Pearson Vue it looks like i can just book the 6.5 DCV exam by using my existing VMWare ID?
    If not then the stanly.edu seems like the place to go (Thanks John)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

your exam needs to be current, as in in the last 2 years from pass date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 certqueen

Noticed that many candidates choose to get some study materials

• Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In case anyone is interested I got the following from stanly
    Hello <Supercell>,

We received your information on our VMware waitlist pertaining to the following course:

VMware v.6 Install, Configure, & Manage (ICM)

If you are interested in taking this class, please respond back to this email as soon as possible because there is limited availability for this session.
    The course runs from May 31st – July 19th.

Once you have been registered, we will send you an email with payment instructions and textbook information. You will then have three (3) business days to submit the tuition payment of $185 US dollars.

This course is on-demand and self-paced and will begin May 31st.

If anyone is interested let me know, the reply to email is a personal one in college so I wont put publically here. As it turned out I convinced my boss to send me on this in work. The Stanly price is pretty amazing, to do the same course in Ireland is a heck of a lot more.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 judief

Develop skills with hands-on training that will prepare you to acquire VMware certifications, but also it requires a proper VMware backup.

Advertisement