Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching 3D Movies on Big Screen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I went looking for the scene in The Force Awakens with the Star Destroyer coming right out of the screen. I found it again but searching for it was painful. That movie is............Dreadful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Was watching a documentary called Enchanted Kingdom in 3D tonight and the colour in the video is beautifully shot.

Theres a part where a chameleon has his head up to the screen and its looks really good in 3D, it made me laugh as hes trying to catch insects!

One of the nicer looking documentaries out there with good narration.

e3RtRw9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Ordered 'em both there, plus threw in a copy of "The House of Magic" for £6 which is apparently made by the same guys that did Turtle's Tale.

Purely for the pop-outs of course :) .. and the cute kitteh

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M24YBXE/

Woah, like Doge, my BluRays arrived after 2 days delivery from Amazon!

They must ship these out faster than normal Amazon deliveries :)

The House of Magic should be next on your list Doge. Watched it on PSVR and tis incredible.

Really fun too, but not too kidsy.

Here's the final haul!
    Dredd and The Walk as requested by Mrcheez!
    The walk got a perfect score on to 3d or not so looking forward to it.
    The blue ray drive came also.

441983.JPG

• Advertisement

Not sure if you've picked up Gravity yet?

That's another perfect score one... https://www.cinemablend.com/new/3D-Or-3D-Buy-Right-Gravity-Ticket-39663.html

Great film, so add that to your House of Magic order ;)

You're going to be bankrupt by the time your library is complete

Great news, I got the 3D Blurays to play SBS in Media Player Classic by following the guide.

Motion is smooth with vsync on for every frame.

If i had a 4K monitor though we could have full Over Under at full resolution, im not sure if our 1080p headsets would see an imporvement though.

Something I could upgrade to down the line.

Now who wants to watch some 3D Movies tomorrow?!!! :D

Not sure if you've picked up Gravity yet?

That's another perfect score one... https://www.cinemablend.com/new/3D-Or-3D-Buy-Right-Gravity-Ticket-39663.html

Great film, so add that to your House of Magic order ;)

You're going to be bankrupt by the time your library is complete

Haven't picked up Gravity yet, ill put it on my list! Was quite impressed with the 3D at the start of the movie at the cinema.

Right guys I would like to arrange a Big Screen Session for Sunday (tomorrow) at 8pm.

Please see my collection HERE.

And you can make a request on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Thanks man, great idea. I'd be up for Dredd but maybe the Hubble one might be a good one to start with since it's only 45 mins long. Hugo might be interesting from a technical point of view since it was shot with a stereo camera as opposed to the post-process 3D you see in most films

Just googling there and I found this site: http://realorfake3d.com/

That site's no longer supported and doesn't seem to load for me?

Actually begs the question, is there a list of "shot in 3d" films anywhere that's actively updated?

• Advertisement

Actually begs the question, is there a list of "shot in 3d" films anywhere that's actively updated?

Are you popping in tonight man?

What would be your choice out of Hubble, Dredd and Hugo?

No can do unfortunately :(

In that case I'll leave the choice upto Jumbobreakfast!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

seems to be working now
    I'll try and pop in tonight , kids depending :)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    seems to be working now

Eventually worked after waiting a minute to load... weird!
    Doge wrote: »
    In that case I'll leave the choice upto Jumbobreakfast!

Yeah sorry, I'm rarely at my Oculus setup point during weekends, but might be able to catch a mid-week showing sometime in coming weeks.

I wonder how well the Go would work for BigScreen? That would make it a lot easier for me!

Okay I might have to cancel 8 o'clock tonight after all.

It depends on what time I get can get home.

No Problem man, if you want to just test it or whatever then give me a shout, same name on steam as here

No Problem man, if you want to just test it or whatever then give me a shout, same name on steam as here

Yeah I definitely won't make it back in time. I can schedule it for Tuesday and Thursday for 8pm instead.

Running a BigScreen Test as of the time of this post. Anyone is welcome.

room-j8cekwu2

I'll be using KODI as my player and have most of the same content as Doge.

New Password

room-z4dlpmzp

• Advertisement

Thanks for hosting Calibos, shame we couldnt fix the stuttering and artifacts that I was seeing but it was nice to meet to you in real (virtual) life.

The 3D effect is great, much better than the cinema. I'll try and test it out on my end and try and narrow down the problem.

Lovely to 'meet' you too Jumbobreakfast :D

We need to contact Tech Support....paging Doge...paging Doge. Help us Obi Wan. You're our only hope!! :D

First issue was Audio. Thought I had it setup right. Eventually got it working where Jumbobreakfast could hear the audio but it was only when I had sound on my end outputting from my own speakers rather than my Rift. Then while in the process of trying to diagnose the video issue I couldn't figure out how to get the audio back after a restart. Memory of a Goldfish Me! :D In terms of Video, as Jumbo said he was missing tonnes of frames. I had the stream set to 1080p and my upload bandwidth is 25mbit but while streaming I was only uploading 3.5mbits to Jumbo. Dunno if the issue was on my end or Jumbo's. Another complication was Kodi. Maybe using VLC would have made a difference.

Whatever the issue is, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. When we do, I can imagine BigScreen Boards Movie nights have the potential to be some great craic though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was mucking around trying to get the 3D working through BigScreen using the link that Doge gave for using Windows Media Classic but I got stuck at the final hurdle whereby I had the video playing top and bottom so was trying to balance them out but the best I could get was as if I was cross-eyed

I was having an issue as well where the voice audio layer of the soundtrack wasn't playing but this is down to my set up as I was watching Valerian 3D on a public room and it was the same

Calibos wrote: »
    Dunno if the issue was on my end or Jumbo's. Another complication was Kodi. Maybe using VLC would have made a difference

I’d imagine Kodi is a bit heavier on resources and could be how it displays on screen. VLC and media player classic worked great for me and Dr. Bob the last time.

Skerries wrote: »
    I was mucking around trying to get the 3D working through BigScreen using the link that Doge gave for using Windows Media Classic but I got stuck at the final hurdle whereby I had the video playing top and bottom so was trying to balance them out but the best I could get was as if I was cross-eyed

So you have to full screen the video first and then click on OU or SBS. All other windows and stuff on your desktop will appear cross eyed but the video should not once it’s in full screen.

If you only have a 1080p monitor you’d be better off using Side By Side.

Sorry about tonight guys, will definitely give it a go Tuesday if people are around.

Skerries wrote: »

I was having an issue as well where the voice audio layer of the soundtrack wasn't playing but this is down to my set up as I was watching Valerian 3D on a public room and it was the same

Did you select OU (Over/Under) in Bigscreen?

Might have sorted the Audio and Video. Opened up a Public Room and was quickly joined by 2 or 3 others. The first guy had video stutter, the second couldn't see anything and the third guy said everything was smooth for him and also confirmed audio started working after I played around with the settings a bit. However, I'm not sure if I can trust the word of a Yank who drew a large purple veined Penis ejaculating onto the guy in front. Note to self. Go into admin settings as soon as you open the room and lock other users from streaming their desktop screen audio and artistic contributions into the room!! :rolleyes: :D

In short, the video issues might be user dependent and its not something on my end seeing as one guy 'apparently' had no issues with the video stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Calibos wrote: »
    Did you select OU (Over/Under) in Bigscreen?

yeah, tried all three options

So does anyone want to give this a go at 8pm tonight if that suits?

Hugo, Hubble and Dredd were suggested already, so if you want to choose from one of those of choose something else let me know in this thread!

I can also move it til 9 or 10 pm if that suits people too. If anyone is free let me know sure!

• Advertisement

I think im going to take a raincheck on this for another night. Absolutely shattered! Weekends are probably the best.

Advertisement