Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching 3D Movies on Big Screen

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

no worries man, just in the door myself, busy day. I have a few friends that wouldnt mind giving it a go as well (if that's okay and there's room)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

New password

room-mmr6q3z6

Calibos wrote: »
    New password

room-mmr6q3z6
    Thanks but I won't make it tonight, just getting settled in for a few games now. Tomorrow would suit me better and I'll try and see if I can get another few on

Great to meet Doge in Bigscreen tonight. We watched some scenes from various 3D docs and ended up chatting for about 2 hours! You really lose track of time in VR! Everything worked great when Doge was hosting the room but I still had some video issues with Kodi when I was hosting. I'll have to do more troubleshooting on my end. It'll be great when we manage to herd all you VR cats into one Cinema Room at the same time some night. It should be great craic watching the movie or doc and having some banter.

iBouE6J.jpg

Thats me wearing my Boys from Brazil young Adolf Hitler Clone Avatar on the left. Doge is on the right. When he first entered the room I thought I had forgot to enable password locking of the room and some randomer had popped in but it turns out Doge just uses a different username in Bigscreen. Think I'll be changing my Young Adolf avatar though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Was great to meet you and have a chat too Calibos!

It was actually almost 3 hours we were chatting for, as we got on at 8:20! :eek:

Can’t wait to do it all again on Thursday or on the weekend.

• Advertisement

Jesus. Was it 3 hours! Holy Sh** :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I have being crazy busy at work, But I will try and get on the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I tried this with a 3D movie file and bigscreen beta a while ago, impressive result

Anyone fancy watching a 3d movie in about an hour's time? At 8pm that is.

I'll pop in but I won't be able to watch a full movie tonight, I'm in the steam group so send me a message when you're ready to go..or just post here and I'll keep an eye on it around 8

• Advertisement

Okay heres the Room ID, will be watching Dredd.

room-cn9hen4t

Thanks for hosting, nice meeting you man. I got better performance when I changed from Optimal power mode to Adaptive in Nvidia Control panel (I've heard that this can cause problems with watching videos). Still not perfect but it was improved.

Thanks for hosting, nice meeting you man. I got better performance when I changed from Optimal power mode to Adaptive in Nvidia Control panel (I've heard that this can cause problems with watching videos). Still not perfect but it was improved.

Very nice to meet you too man. I just realized mine is set to Optimal also, so changed it to Adaptive just to see if that causes an improvement in gaming.

Dredd was short but sweet, I came away craving more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not 3D but apparently Stargate Origin will be made available for streaming on big screen this week

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Bambi wrote: »
    Not 3D but apparently Stargate Origin will be made available for streaming on big screen this week

Not in Ireland from what I remember. They said it was a difficult enough challenge to get the amount of countries to 6.

Started a free trial of Dolby Atmos on the Microsoft Store and theres some cool demos you can test with your Rifts headphones in Bigscreen.

The leaf demo was especially impressive but the others are fairly hit and miss, and theres just too little compatible games on PC to make it worthwhile paying for.

Anyway worth trying out for free here:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N0866FS04W8

Going to try it with my studio monitors next.

Tonight I'll be showing a special screening of The Passion of the Christ 3D Blu-ray in Bigscreen to celebrate Easter Sunday.

See the amazing 3d popout effect of Jesus carrying the cross, the beams of the cross will make you duck down into your seat as they almost hit you in the face.

See the 3D depth of the nails popping out of his hands, and the amazing CGI sequence of the ascension into heaven.

Cinema blend have given this film a perfect score for the 3D stereoscopic image.

Just don't bring any Easter eggs into my cinema, I'm sick of having to clean up afterwards you cretins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Christ almighty!

Doge wrote: »
    Tonight I'll be showing a special screening of The Passion of the Christ 3D Blu-ray in Bigscreen to celebrate Easter Sunday.

See the amazing 3d popout effect of Jesus carrying the cross, the beams of the cross will make you duck down into your seat as they almost hit you in the face.

See the 3D depth of the nails popping out of his hands, and the amazing CGI sequence of the ascension into heaven.

Cinema blend have given this film a perfect score for the 3D stereoscopic image.

Just don't bring any Easter eggs into my cinema, I'm sick of having to clean up afterwards you cretins.

Sorry I missed the show Doge. Oculus Home crashed on me and I spent hours trying to resurrect it! ;)

Big update to BigScreen today which will improve multiplayer streaming:

447164.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement