Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

manual_man wrote: »
    Is there no option to buy the game outright? The idea of endless micro-payments is putting me off

That would defeat the purpose of releasing a candy crush style money making machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

manual_man wrote: »
    Is there no option to buy the game outright? The idea of endless micro-payments is putting me off

Nintendo tried that with Super Mario Run and it was a failure for an ip of Mario's size. The mobile market is an entirely different money gouging beast.

I'm not enjoying the game myself though. Controls are awful from what I've played so far. I'll give it another couple hours over the next week and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm not enjoying the game myself though. Controls are awful from what I've played so far. I'll give it another couple hours over the next week and see how it goes.

I've played three games and I'm winning, without feeling like I'm really in control of the character. Looks ok, but it doesn't really feel right.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

druss wrote: »
    I've played three games and I'm winning, without feeling like I'm really in control of the character. Looks ok, but it doesn't really feel right.

I did 4 races last night and came first in all of them I think, didn't really feel like I was playing against other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

druss wrote: »

Exactly this.
    For a game that's all about mastery of the controls, that's an unforgiveable abuse of the IP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I did 4 races last night and came first in all of them I think, didn't really feel like I was playing against other people.

Other players are computer controlled for now, with real player IDs

conormario wrote: »

That explains a lot, I knew I wasn't that good :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That explains a lot, I knew I wasn't that good :o

Me too.

Illusion.

Shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No rubber banding? Then it's clearly not a real Mario Kart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Star Lord wrote: »
    Actually quite enjoying what I've played of this so far! Obviously the controls aren't as sharp, but it works reasonably well!

I've accepted your friend request;) I'm enjoying it too! Be careful I'm catching up on your point score. Controls get better the more you play. Not perfect of course but to think a free mario kart game of this quality on your phone is amazing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I was thinking something wasn't right how does that work?? I will admit I was fooled! I turned on aeroplane mode on the phone to check if I was imagining things but it wouldn't let me play so I assumed it was real people. I was a little sceptical about how quick the matchmaking was bit I thought the amount of phone users would huge compared to the switch market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Friend code 685074632595

I’m enjoying it for now. Not going to buy anything but it’s a nice bit of entertainment for the moment until I get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Mmm, is anyone else addicted to this already? I was Extremely sceptical of its merit at first and especially the touch controls, but despite its simplicity I’m finding it great fun to play. :)

P.S. my friend code is 653383765086.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'm quite enjoying it. Have the free two week trial for pass so getting extra gifts which is a good help. I'm sure it's doable with out payments just takes patience and time. Probably some stuff behind paywall but plenty of gems for getting badges and leveling up. Daily limit for points and coins is a little restrictive but probably keeps it fairer. Looking forward to multiplayer.

id 625259563580

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think it’s a nice distraction. I’m done with all the cups available now and have most of the stars bar the last two which need some characters I don’t have yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I'm enjoying it, need 2 friends to get a full house on one of the challenges, I requested the others in here. Wonder what I get for that.

I'm gone up to tier 4 on the weekly ranking and need to get over 21,000 points currently get in the top 3. That's going to be painful. Currently on 18,000.

Played my first coin rush this evening, couldn't find it before now. Played the X10 multiplier and got nearly 4k in coins

My code is 834764098438

Interest seems to have died away in this. Still playing it and quite enjoying it.

3ds Rainbow Road stage in the new tour looks amazing. Only pic I could find really doesn’t do it justice.

497887.png

Real time multiplayer Beta Test live for Gold Pass holders live now until 27/12

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

how much is the gold pass?

€5.49 a month there's a two week free trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Now is a good time to avail of the Gold pass trial (if you haven't already). This tour's special gift is Gold koopa who is Tier 3 and has the ability to get coin boxes from the item boxes. Well worth it.

Also, my friend code is 140932883992

There’s a lot more gems on offer this tour to. Every day as daily gifts and there is more on offer in Tour gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm enjoying the game, it makes the train commute go a bit quicker

Finally figured out how to do those ultra mini turbo boosts, took a while!

I have done a few friends requests from codes in here, mine is 686973586116

Advertisement