Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statements for Previous Customer

Options
  • 01-02-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I called in a few weeks ago to get some old statements. I'm no longer able to update my address (for sercurity reasons I don't exactly remember). They told me, however, that I could collect them at a bank, and that the bank would call me after about five days when they were available. That never happened.

I'm not sure if this is related, but now I've started getting text messages that say "Your Bank of Ireland account has been suspended. Click here for re-verify your data" with a link that doesn't work. 

What's my next step? Do I need to call again and start the process over to get the statements?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

niccim wrote: »
    I called in a few weeks ago to get some old statements. I'm no longer able to update my address (for sercurity reasons I don't exactly remember). They told me, however, that I could collect them at a bank, and that the bank would call me after about five days when they were available. That never happened.

I'm not sure if this is related, but now I've started getting text messages that say "Your Bank of Ireland account has been suspended. Click here for re-verify your data" with a link that doesn't work. 

What's my next step? Do I need to call again and start the process over to get the statements?

Hi niccim,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from the branch in relation to your statement request. Can you please send us a private message here with your name, contact number and the branch you requested this in? We can ask an advisor to check this for you. Please click on the link in my signature below to send a private message to our Boards reps.

The text you mention is not from Bank of Ireland and it would be a fraudulent link in the text so we would advise you not to click on any links in the message.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niccim

Hi niccim,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from the branch in relation to your statement request. Can you please send us a private message here with your name, contact number and the branch you requested this in? We can ask an advisor to check this for you. Please click on the link in my signature below to send a private message to our Boards reps.

The text you mention is not from Bank of Ireland and it would be a fraudulent link in the text so we would advise you not to click on any links in the message.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm having trouble figuring out the private messaging for BOI. When I click on you or any rep, it says "Bank of Ireland: (rep name) has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm having trouble figuring out the private messaging for BOI. When I click on you or any rep, it says "Bank of Ireland: (rep name) has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Hi niccim,

Please click on my signature which has a link in it, you may need to have signatures set to display in your Boards settings.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement