Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation Period Mortgage

Options
  • 01-02-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Good morning

I am mortgage approved in principle as a first time buyer however my salary multiples is not allowing me to purchase property at an affordable rate, I have since landed a much higher paying job that will allow me onto the property ladder, however I will be on probation up until August 2018. Are you aware of a bank that will accept a loan application of someone whose been in continuous employment but currently on probation in new role.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

AIB approves a top up for an extension when my wife was on probation. They asked for her CV and a letter from her employer to say that she was settling in well to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

AIB approves a top up for an extension when my wife was on probation. They asked for her CV and a letter from her employer to say that she was settling in well to the job.

Thanks, a top up I guess may have a different criteria, ie: you generally don't need to be permanent to get a car loan for instance, but thank you I'll phone AIB tommorow and see what they say. Any other recommendations welcome. I guess speak with lots of brokers?

Advertisement