Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

According to ticketmaster website tickets for Croke Park between €71 - €456

Steep but we knew that they would be,the Stones use dynamic ticket pricing to maximise their income.

The 456 euro ones could be the No Filter pit tickets though ,right beside the stage .
    The rest of the tickets will be alot less.
    Standing should be around 100 euro and the Golden Circle 250 .
    Seats prob 70-250.

Its odd that they are playing Dublin on a Thursday night ,their next gig isnt until the following Tuesday in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Zardoz wrote: »
    Steep but we knew that they would be,the Stones use dynamic ticket pricing to maximise their income.

The 456 euro ones could be the No Filter pit tickets though ,right beside the stage .
    The rest of the tickets will be alot less.
    Standing should be around 100 euro and the Golden Circle 250 .
    Seats prob 70-250.

Its odd that they are playing Dublin on a Thursday night ,their next gig isnt until the following Tuesday in London.

So you're saying they could play 3 nights in a row in Croker? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The whole tour is 11 dates spaced out over nearly 2 months, it's probably all they're able for at this stage. Let us not forget, they are very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

happy with this being offical but nervy few weeks with those damn residents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The whole tour is 11 dates spaced out over nearly 2 months, it's probably all they're able for at this stage. Let us not forget, they are very old.

Average age of 74 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

According to ticketmaster website tickets for Croke Park between €71 - €456

Probably two tickets worth 71€

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wheety wrote: »
    Average age of 74 :pac:

Charlie is 10 years older than this guy

242?cb=20130504183459

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This is the pricing chart for Warsaw so expect something similar for Dublin.

mapka-rs2.jpg

So Lower level seating is 150-200 euro
    Upper Level is 90 euro
    Standing is 90 euro
    Golden Circle is 150 euro ,Diamond 220 euro and the Pit is 450 euro .

Below is the seating plan for London
    zim368jc.jpg

Standing is £90,Golden Circle is £250,the Pit is £400

Not too bad for upper level and standing I guess but you are paying through the cock for anything within 70 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

hawkelady wrote: »
    How can you be sure 100%. Unless you are Mick jagger !��

Because I am Mick Jagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Residents are appealing to DCC not to grant the license as 3 concerts are already scheduled. Can someone please talk sense to them - this LEGENDARY group will come play this one gig and most likely will never be back! How can you not let this go ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Because I am Mick Jagger.

Jagger is skinnier than Bobby Sands could ever dream of.
    Residents are appealing to DCC not to grant the license as 3 concerts are already scheduled. Can someone please talk sense to them - this LEGENDARY group will come play this one gig and most likely will never be back! How can you not let this go ahead?

hypocrite.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Is there a presale and if so how do you get the code?

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Is there a presale and if so how do you get the code?

Residents will fight tooth and nail to stop this according to reports

Manchester on the 5th June is my back up and I'll have to try for a ticket at a later date if the residents win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Zardoz wrote: »
    Golden Circle is £250,the Pit is £400

:eek: Wtf

If the residents did manage to get the licence blocked then surely it'd be time to pull the plug on one of those Taylor Swift gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Could they do that even though her tickets are already on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If the residents did manage to get the licence blocked then surely it'd be time to pull the plug on one of those Taylor Swift gigs.

Why would MCD give up a gig for Aiken? Doesn't make any sense.

different promoters but surly Aiken should of hinted the stones were playing here unless early negotiations only started after the swift shows were booked ???

On the stones forums they think they have a backup venue in Dublin booked in case. Be nice if they played the Aviva instead

If anyone is going to the residents meeting tonight keep us informed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    different promoters but surly Aiken should of hinted the stones were playing here unless early negotiations only started after the swift shows were booked ???

On the stones forums they think they have a backup venue in Dublin booked in case. Be nice if they played the Aviva instead

If anyone is going to the residents meeting tonight keep us informed

Yeah I thought that myself. I'd be shocked if, given the varying ticket sale dates, a pulled licence would result in a simple no-show in Ireland as many punters will be holding out for that gig.

As regards Taylor Swift, I can't see any way that her gigs will be amalgamated. It would be a logistical nightmare given that standing tickets are only a tiny percentage of the full lot. That said, will they push ahead with a gig that can't be more than 50% sold at this rate (going on available seats on ticketmaster).

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Why would MCD give up a gig for Aiken? Doesn't make any sense.

I didn't realise it was different promoters, but surely MCD should just do the honourable thing and step aside. It's the rolling fúcking stones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I didn't realise it was different promoters, but surely MCD should just do the honourable thing and step aside. It's the rolling fúcking stones!

No honour in business when you're competing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

They're going to get the attention they want because of it being their last tour. I wouldn't worry though, it was all threats and false submissions the last time something like this happened. They wont get away with it again.

saw the report there on the news

that Stevens guy said it can take up to 18 days to set up the stage etc.

Nervy about this cause they will scare the DCC into the courts

that should of booked the Aviva and told the stones 45000 is enough

can't see them selling Croke Park out but u never knw ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭roadmaster

saw the report there on the news

that Stevens guy said it can take up to 18 days to set up the stage etc.

Nervy about this cause they will scare the DCC into the courts

that should of booked the Aviva and told the stones 45000 is enough

can't see them selling Croke Park out but u never knw ??

I reckon they will pack them in as this will probably the last time they will be seen in ireland and a lot people will want to say they seen the stones weather the liked them or not

London stadium prices now on TM.

Pit - £452
    Golden circle - £282
    Seats - £203
    Standing/unreserved seats £102

works out in € as
    Pit- €513
    Golden Circle- €320
    seats (prob lower tiers and front of the upper)-€230
    standing/ seats price 2- €115

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭roadmaster

London stadium prices now on TM.

Pit - £452
    Golden circle - £282
    Seats - £203
    Standing/unreserved seats £102

works out in € as
    Pit- €513
    Golden Circle- €320
    seats (prob lower tiers and front of the upper)-€230
    standing/ seats price 2- €115

At them prices I may be very wrong with my last post

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Clickbait wrote: »
    They're going to get the attention they want because of it being their last tour. I wouldn't worry though, it was all threats and false submissions the last time something like this happened. They wont get away with it again.

Ehh, the last time (Garth Brooks) the full number of gigs was refused planning permission on the basis of the ‘cumulative effect on residents and some businesses in the Drumcondra/Ballybough area of Dublin of allowing five shows to go ahead – three of them on weekdays – would lead to an “unacceptable level of disruption to their lives/livelihoods over an unprecedented and prolonged period caused by concert-related noise, access restrictions, traffic disruption, illegal parking and potential antisocial behaviour’. IE - DCC agreed with the residents that the promoter was taking the piss with the number of gigs in the application.

It wasn’t ‘threats and false submissions’ that led to the pulling of the gigs. It was a brazen attempt to railroad through too many gigs without appropriate consideration for the impact they’d cause. Brooks could have played the reduced number of gigs regardless. Quite what you think the residents ‘got away with’ last time is a head-scratcher. Croke Park only have permission for the three gigs a year. Anything beyond that is subject to input by any and all interested parties, so the residents are entirely within their rights to make the case against the awarding of the license. Croke Park and (presumably) Aiken Promotions understand that, and will hopefully ensure that they have enough measures in place to placate the genuine concerns of the objectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

alastair wrote: »
    It wasn’t ‘threats and false submissions’ that led to the pulling of the gigs.

A number of submissions made to DCC were later found to have been made using false identities or without the knowledge of the person who was named in the submission.

e.g.

https://evoke.ie/2014/07/08/showbiz/some-of-the-complaints-that-led-to-the-garth-brooks-concerts-being-cancelled-turn-out-to-be-forgeries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

alastair wrote: »
    “unacceptable level of disruption to their lives/livelihoods over an unprecedented and prolonged period caused by concert-related noise, access restrictions, traffic disruption, illegal parking and potential antisocial behaviour’. IE - DCC agreed with the residents that the promoter was taking the piss with the number of gigs in the application.

The Dublin council was up for all five of those concerts, said in an earlier conference that he wouldn't have an issue with them. But felt he had to do something due to the residents threatening meeting urging the council not to go ahead with granting the licenses the week before the license was granted. I don't think the residents had it fully planned out because they had to follow through with their threats and seek an injunction which wouldn't have held up in any court. They won't get away so easily again with their threats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Could they do that even though her tickets are already on sale?

They did it for Garth Brooks....refunds had to be issued to thousands.
    People had to pay for hotels they no longer needed etc

This is dodgy territory if they deny Rolling Stones people will go mad....If they allow it people will go mad (the residents and people who missed out on Garth)

Residents on news stating that 3 concerts have already been granted licences...doesn't matter how many concerts or who it is, they are holding to the 3 concerts a year.

Advertisement