Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Taking the gamble on Dublin too.

Aiken were very foolish with GB before and are smart enough to not attempt to railroad a gig through again unless it thought it had a viable proposal that would satisfy the council.

The residents will complain about every gig and they'd have foreseen that before they even spoke to the Rolling Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

PTH2009 wrote: »

Is there a break down of the prices yet? All I can see so far is €70.45 - €456.00

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taking the gamble on Dublin too.

Aiken were very foolish with GB before and are smart enough to not attempt to railroad a gig through again unless it thought it had a viable proposal that would satisfy the council.

The residents will complain about every gig and they'd have foreseen that before they even spoke to the Rolling Stones.

Its the only event planned for all of may and After all in 2014/2009 the DCC broke the 3 gigs a year rule and awarded 3 extra dates (2014 but obv the cowboy himself pulled out) and 1 in 2009.

However the residents have a strong case this time round and will fight it right to the end. Not a fan of that Stephens guy btw hes very nasty id say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Its the only event planned for all of may and After all in 2014/2009 the DCC broke the 3 gigs a year rule and awarded 3 extra dates (2014 but obv the cowboy himself pulled out) and 1 in 2009.

However the residents have a strong case this time round and will fight it right to the end. Not a fan of that Stephens guy btw hes very nasty id say

But Aiken will know that. There's a fortune to be made by them in promoting the gig and they're not going to stand behind or commit in any way to a gig that is destined to fail based on resident complaints which in all fairness were inevitable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

this is pretty speical

after Garthgate we were told nothing like this would ever happen again but here we are almost 4 years later and it's happening again but too a smaller scale. Same residents group, same stadium but the laughable thing same Promoter

Obv a loss here for Aiken won't damage his business much but his rep will take a huge drop

It was Garth, five nights in a row was never going to happen again. It was being compared to Elvis's comeback and Michael Jackson's 50 nights at the O2. Something like that was never going to happen again.

• Advertisement

17657s.jpg

prices €70.45 - €456.00

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

It isn't as big - there is a massive difference between a 50 000 crowd and 80 000 crowd.

Aviva has maybe 5/6 big Rugby matches and 4ish Soccer matches throughout the year with a maximum of of 50 000 people
    Croke Park will sell out 3 gigs plus All Ireland Finals each year at capacity.
    More if The Dubs are going well and / or Final Replays.
    This snarls up North Strand, Ballybough and Drumcondra Roads and probably Phibsborough Road, plus smaller roads in surrounding areas.

I drove up Shelbourne Road past the Aviva when Leinster/Munster played and Ireland played last spring.

Aviva at capacity causes disruption that is similar to a football quarter final involving The Dubs
    It makes a big difference.

How come axs are so expensive as regards booking fees ???

Always choose TM for any gig I go to (Ire or UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Got tickets for Manchester incase Dublin goes tits up..... if it doesn't hopefully ill see them twice :D
    Have been waiting a long time to see these guys!

Got tickets for Manchester incase Dublin goes tits up..... if it doesn't hopefully ill see them twice :D
    Have been waiting a long time to see these guys!

booked a room in the Victoria Warehouse hotel 5 min walk from Old Trafford for €78 for the 5th June. Have free cancellation on it anyway incase Dublin actually happens

Will look for a ticket to Manchester when/if Dublin is ruled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pickinyerbrain

Cool the jets and the speculating .....
    Ticket pricing in today’s paper

Seated - 181.00 / 136.00 / 90.00 Euro
    GA - 71.00 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

GA - 71.00 Euro

Golden Circle in London is £250. Will be around €280 here I reckon.

Wonder if U2 charging the same for Pitch2 as Pitch1 was a mistake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

GA - 71.00 Euro

GA will be over 100 euro ,no way they will be the cheapest tickets.

GA - 71.00 Euro

not bad for the seated tickets if true but still not cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Zardoz wrote: »
    GA will be over 100 euro ,no way they will be the cheapest tickets.

What does GA stand for ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

If GA is €71 that's pretty damn good.

I saw The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park in 2013, and if I'm honest I didn't think I'd be getting another chance to see them. Delighted they're coming to Dublin, really hope they get a license. It's also right in the middle of my college exams so I hope the timetable for that is nice to me.

Even if pitch standing is higher than €71 in the end, it'll still be way cheaper than heading to London was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What does GA stand for ? :)

General Admission, means standing this case regular standing as there'll be zones in front where people paid extra for the privilege.

found this on FB

those are the prices but Imagine the gold circle and Pit prices are not listed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Strike me down but I don't think those prices are too bad for a Stones gig. Particularly when Taylor Swift and Beyonce were charging €150.

Stones sets are huge and the sound is all encompassing. I only own one album but they are quite simply the best live act ever.

I'm going to pay for the pit on this occasion - this gig will attract a lot of corporate w@nkers I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Strike me down but I don't think those prices are too bad for a Stones gig. Particularly when Taylor Swift and Beyonce were charging €150.

Stones sets are huge and the sound is all encompassing. I only own one album but they are quite simply the best live act ever.

I'm going to pay for the pit on this occasion - this gig will attract a lot of corporate w@nkers I fear.

Yes ,the prices are less than I thought in fairness.

A pit ticket will be 500 euro btw ;)

• Advertisement

how come the UK and other gigs seem to be more expensive ??? They getting more songs or support bands ?

hopefully those Irish prices are not a mistake

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,the prices are less than I thought in fairness.

A pit ticket will be 500 euro btw ;)

Yup I got that. This is the last stand though, and I don't relish the prospect of Ed Sheeran being my stadium rock act for the next 40 years.

Yup I got that. This is the last stand though, and I don't relish the prospect of Ed Sheeran being my stadium rock act for the next 40 years.

ah don't worry the stones have been going since 1962 and hopefully plenty more of today's bands might do the same

ah don't worry the stones have been going since 1962 and hopefully plenty more of today's bands might do the same

The problem is stadium rock is a specific sound acoustically designed for its environment - and very few bands today are doing it. It's why Phil Collins with a walking stick still beat the cr@p out of the competition at the Aviva last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I saw them already on this tour in Barcelona in September. I bought a cheap seat, €90, and slipped in and out of the pitch a few times. I’m still doubtful that it will go ahead in Croke Park.

I imagine the GA tickets are €90 and the cheap seating tickets are the €71 ones and prob a handful at €90 too with most seats been €136 and €181 ???

seems too cheap too be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I imagine the GA tickets are €90 and the cheap seating tickets are the €71 ones and prob a handful at €90 too with most seats been €136 and €181 ???

that's what I would have thought. the cheapest price is usually some seats at the back of the upper Davin.
    €90 for standing is pretty decent, thought it would be over 100 for them.

they've probably worked it out that they'd likely make more money by selling more at 90, than less at over 100 :pac:

if it's actually 71 for GA then that's great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Rolling Stones in cheap tickets shock :D

In fairness they are the greatest rock n roll band of all time and still one of the best live acts out there. I would pay whatever to see them one last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

corm500 wrote: »

Rolling Stones in cheap tickets shock :D

In fairness they are the greatest rock n roll band of all time and still one of the best live acts out there. I would pay whatever to see them one last time.

Well that's very subjective, they are good, but not that good. These prices are ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I wonder will they play Bittersweet Symphony seeing as Jagger and Richards insisted on having their names given full writing credit and the Stones ex manager stripping the Verve of 100% of their royalties for the song.

Advertisement