Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    corm500 wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine the GA tickets are €90 and the cheap seating tickets are the €71 ones and prob a handful at €90 too with most seats been €136 and €181 ???

seems too cheap too be true

Rolling Stones in cheap tickets shock :D

In fairness they are the greatest rock n roll band of all time and still one of the best live acts out there. I would pay whatever to see them one last time.

Well that's very subjective, they are good, but not that good. These prices are ridiculous

No they are not ridiculous prices. You onvisioudly don't go to many major acts !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hawkelady wrote: »
    No they are not ridiculous prices. You onvisioudly don't go to many major acts !

ive probably gone to a couple of hundred gigs at this stage in my life, ive traveled many miles to do so, so yup you re right! again, many major acts are overpriced! i refused to pay about 200 euro for led zeppelin in london a few years ago, i have no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I imagine the GA tickets are €90 and the cheap seating tickets are the €71 ones and prob a handful at €90 too with most seats been €136 and €181 ???

seems too cheap too be true

There will be handling charges on top of that so GA will be 98 ,and the seats will be 144 and 190 .

Nosebleeds will be 77 euro.

The prices are similar to the UK prices ,expensive for a good seat /standing position but there are affordable options too.
    Golden Circle and the pit are outrageous amounts though.

As the onsale date is less than two months from the concert I'd imagine the prices have to be reduced to ensure a quick sell out.
    Stones concerts rarely sell out quickly ,in fact they rarely sell out due to the high prices but they will sell the bulk of the tickets quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

FOMO got me in its grip for U2 last year, and I got a "production ticket" the day before for €70. Great seat directly to the right of the stage, couldn't see the screen much but literally sitting a stone's throw from the band. There should be a few for this also.

Having said that, I'm venturing into the pit assuming I can get one. Can anyone answer - what's the view like in there given you're so close to the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if the shows goes ahead and with another mega music star in town that week will he make an appearance at the stones show ??

hint he's playing Phoenix Park that week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I don't think that's the most convincing of comebacks - If Mr x is doing wrong, it's ok if Mr Y does the same. Charging €100 for a ticket, or €130 or €150, or €180. It's ridiculas. I know I've had this rant about Elton John already. But €180 quid??? Come on.
    Have to give the band credit though - Still doing the live circuits in their 70s is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I don't think that's the most convincing of comebacks - If Mr x is doing wrong, it's ok if Mr Y does the same. Charging €100 for a ticket, or €130 or €150, or €180. It's ridiculas. I know I've had this rant about Elton John already. But €180 quid??? Come on.
    Have to give the band credit though - Still doing the live circuits in their 70s is phenomenal.

It is what it is though. No one is making anyone go and the stones do get full stadiums so I presume they know what they are doing , business wise !! Plenty of fans will come from the states etc to this show ... so the stones know their pricing. End of

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Well that's very subjective, they are good, but not that good. These prices are ridiculous

Agreed, having seen them before I'm gonna give a miss. Their catalog of great tracks goes without saying but their output live not worth a return to a mobbed field for me, perhaps if it was the arena some consideration would be taken.

Know I'll have a better night watching BSC later in the year for instance actually be in the presence of the band and all for twenty quid!

It is what it is though. No one is making anyone go and the stones do get full stadiums so I presume they know what they are doing , business wise !! Plenty of fans will come from the states etc to this show ... so the stones know their pricing. End of

pricing of concerts is not solely due to artists booking fee but to multiple stake holders including, managers and management companies, venue owners and connected stake holders, insurance, ticket selling companies and connected stake holders, promoters etc etc etc. this leads to an increase in ticket pricing, in my view, this is going out of control, when a large portion of society have not actually seen an increase in pay for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

if the shows goes ahead and with another mega music star in town that week will he make an appearance at the stones show ??

hint he's playing Phoenix Park that week too

Lets hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If it's the GA tickets that are 70 quid, then that is a lot cheaper than I would have expected. You can pay 104 quid to stand at Taylor Swift if you want.

My tickets to the Stones in Slane were 85 euro, 11 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cool the jets and the speculating .....
    Ticket pricing in today’s paper

Seated - 181.00 / 136.00 / 90.00 Euro
    GA - 71.00 Euro

what paper said 71 for GA?
    exactly. As I said before they always have these token cheap seats so they an say "from 71euro" so the media do not rip them apart. But also to fool people into thinking it will be 71 for standing. This way people are more likely to agree to go with friends in a big group, and then less likely to pull out when the real price is revealed.

I am surprised to see so many think it is feasible that standing would be 71.

And don't forget the 6.85 ontop of all those prices.

In the UK standing are £90 for 1 gig I see. I thought it would have been over 100euro here, but the 136 price seems too much.

The TM page says €70.45 - €456.00 the higher price will be for the pit closest to the stage.

If it's the GA tickets that are 70 quid, then that is a lot cheaper than I would have expected. You can pay 104 quid to stand at Taylor Swift if you want.

My tickets to the Stones in Slane were 85 euro, 11 years ago.

Dont think €70 will be the GA, nomrally the cheapest listed price are the restricted view/very high seats

Any more news on those pesky residents and there objection ??? Look at all the poor people around the country who have no electricty/access to roads due to all the snow and these residents given out about a bit of noise and being asked for ID etc for a few days. Theres no way construction will go on til 1am every night

Dont think €70 will be the GA, nomrally the cheapest listed price are the restricted view/very high seats

Any more news on those pesky residents and there objection ??? Look at all the poor people around the country who have no electricty/access to roads due to all the snow and these residents given out about a bit of noise and being asked for ID etc for a few days. Theres no way construction will go on til 1am every night

those 'pesky residents' are perfectly in their right to protest, and id have to agree with them, people should try put themselves in the shoes of these 'pesky' ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyone who complains about a Rolling Stones concert in their back garden needs to get some real problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone who complains about a Rolling Stones concert in their back garden needs to get some real problems.

What, like a Garth Brooks concert in their back garden?

They're completely in their rights to complain.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Whyyyy can't we have nice things in this country

what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Would you give a **** if they were protesting a gig you didn't want to go to?

those 'pesky residents' are perfectly in their right to protest, and id have to agree with them, people should try put themselves in the shoes of these 'pesky' ones!

yeah I understand some concerns and they have every right to protest

lot more positives for the show to go ahead than negatives and hopefully all interested parties come to an agreement.

On the planning list Jobs and trucks etc arriving from Sun 6th- Tues 8th May, stage build starts on Wed 9th May and ends on Fri 11th May (8.00-22.00 each night), production days Sat 11th/12th May ans ehearsal days on Mon 14th/ Tues 15th May with the band playing there to a closed arena 15.00-20.00 and then Wed 16th May is tech day and show day is Thurs 17th May (Work been done up to 1am each day from Mon 14th- 17th May) . Stage taken down Fri 18th/ 19th May (8.00-22.00) and then other general jobs up until 23rd May with the place back to normal then.

Hopefully they fix a few of the timings and issues in the building schedule and maybe the band can rehearse somewhere else in Dublin and do a longer sound check on the morning of the show.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Would you give a **** if they were protesting a gig you didn't want to go to?

yes maybe no but I'm interested in a lot of the industry and planning stuff etc and have other reasons why I want this show to go ahead and have waited a long time to see the band.

I got screwed before with the GB thing and it's wasant nice but that was not all the fault of the residents tbf.

Be much nicer travelling to Dublin for the gig than possibly going over to the UK and organising flights/transport/hotels/time off work/college

Anyway everyone's entitled to there opinion on the subject

• Advertisement

yeah I understand some concerns and they have every right to protest

lot more positives for the show to go ahead than negatives and hopefully all interested parties come to an agreement.

On the planning list Jobs and trucks etc arriving from Sun 6th- Tues 8th May, stage build starts on Wed 9th May and ends on Fri 11th May (8.00-22.00 each night), production days Sat 11th/12th May ans ehearsal days on Mon 14th/ Tues 15th May with the band playing there to a closed arena 15.00-20.00 and then Wed 16th May is tech day and show day is Thurs 17th May (Work been done up to 1am each day from Mon 14th- 17th May) . Stage taken down Fri 18th/ 19th May (8.00-22.00) and then other general jobs up until 23rd May with the place back to normal then.

Hopefully they fix a few of the timings and issues in the building schedule and maybe the band can rehearse somewhere else in Dublin and do a longer sound check on the morning of the show.

even from your information above, its obvious why the residents are objecting to this concert, but its important to realise, this is all a game, and protesting for the excess of three concerts a year, is the only game in town for the residents. by allowing this concert, it potentially opens the door for the excess of three concerts a year to be allowed indefinitely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

Wonder would the residents use fake submissions again? Can't believe nothing was done about it the last time. Or was anyone ever held accountable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

even from your information above, its obvious why the residents are objecting to this concert, but its important to realise, this is all a game, and protesting for the excess of three concerts a year, is the only game in town for the residents. by allowing this concert, it potentially opens the door for the excess of three concerts a year to be allowed indefinitely.

Its also a bit rich that they are starting the tour in Dublin of all places .
    The start of a tour means extra days needed for the stage setup and rehearsals .
    Aiken is taking the piss.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its also a bit rich that they are starting the tour in Dublin of all places .
    The start of a tour means extra days needed for the stage setup and rehearsals .
    Aiken is taking the piss.

unfortunately, you will find this now and again, business, in particular big business doesnt actually care for the well being of people, its all about the bottom line really. wouldnt surprise me if the band are completely unaware of the planning issues with the venue, but they may find out soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

Sure that's rubbish. They granted 6 concerts in 2014, and they only had two last year.

Clickbait wrote: »
    Sure that's rubbish. They granted 6 concerts in 2014, and they only had two last year.

please correct me if im wrong, but isnt the originally agreed, between all stake holders to be a maximum of three a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Does anyone have any idea how much the 90€ tickets will be with fees? Would 200 Euro be enough for two of them would ya say?

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how much the 90€ tickets will be with fees? Would 200 Euro be enough for two of them would ya say?

afaik €6.85 is the booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

afaik €6.85 is the booking fee

yeah, if buying online it will be 6.85, and to be pedantic it is the service charge. But it is not just pedantic the booking fee is always included in the price, and should not be confused, which they are obviously trying to do. I cannot remember ever hearing an instance where it was not included -yet the adverts always insist on saying "tickets will be 90euro, including booking fee".

I am convinced this is yet another sneaky scam to trick people into thinking that 90euro will be the full price, (sure why else mention fees?) -and so again people will agree to go to a gig with friends and not back out last minute. I remember a guy in work getting thick with me saying about some other gig "NO, I head the ad, I SAW the poster, it does include all the fees.", he was looking at going to some gig with the missus, so 13.70 extra for te 2, a ridiculous fee when you consider you get zero service from the scumbags. The new one of course is the 3arena 1 euro facility fee, and olympia 1euro restoration fee :rolleyes::mad:

If buying at a regular ticketmaster outlet it will be 3.30 fees. Possibly less at the stephens green kiosk or in soundcellar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Clickbait wrote: »
    Wonder would the residents use fake submissions again? Can't believe nothing was done about it the last time. Or was anyone ever held accountable?

How exactly would you find anyone to hold to account? It was a posted submission - there’s no means of linking it back to the sender if they give a false name or address. The point is that the council recognized the validity of the residents complaints, and refused to license the five days on the back of the real issues, not the number of submissions.

Advertisement