Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://crokepark.ie/ticketscheme

100 pairs of tickets are drawn for each match/concert for all residents around the area

prob get crucified for this but the RS playing Croke Park is Prob the biggest gig to ever grace the venue. Not in terms of production but in terms of legendary status in the industry that will remain for years and years. These lads are pure rock n roll and one of the big bands

don't get me wrong a lot of well known talented acts have played Croke Park in the past e.g. u2, Bruce, Tina Turner, Neil Diamond, Elton John, Billy Joel, Garth Brooks among others

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mr.S wrote: »
    200 tickets out of 80k goes to residents? That seems a bit low. I know they always say it's not about the tickets, but I'd throw a few more at them!

And for the likes of the all Ireland, they're not even comps, it's just a lottery for a chance to buy tickets.

posted on Aikens FB

START ME UP! Kick start your Tuesday morning by tuning into RTÉ Radio 1 from 9am as Ryan Tubridy chats to The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood - you don't want to miss it! #StonesNoFilter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hynesie08 wrote: »
    And for the likes of the all Ireland, they're not even comps, it's just a lottery for a chance to buy tickets.

I would prefer it that way if I was a resident. Hopefully less people would enter it. But if it is still a miserable 100 winners I would not be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Decent interview with Ronnie. Chose Bitch for his request.

Dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Any more news on the license application?

Any more news on the license application?

going by dis mornings interview it sounds like the show is going ahead but how would Ronnie or Ryan Tubs now about the licence issue ??. There was no mention of the licence and now on the stones tour page on there site it's says 'ticket sale date coming soon' ???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

rubadub wrote: »
    I would prefer it that way if I was a resident. Hopefully less people would enter it. But if it is still a miserable 100 winners I would not be impressed.

You don’t really enter each lottery as such. Everyone in the Croke Park database of local residents is automatically entered into each lottery. If you register with them, you don’t need to do anything else. If you want to increase your chances, then it used to be the case that local community meetings (with guards, Croke Park) sometimes had a couple of tickets going out of a hat for a lucky attendee, but not sure if that still happens. In all the years the lottery has been in existence I’ve only won tickets the once.

Licence negotiations still on going I imagine ??

Hopefully music wins not the residents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going by dis mornings interview it sounds like the show is going ahead but how would Ronnie or Ryan Tubs now about the licence issue ??. There was no mention of the licence and now on the stones tour page on there site it's says 'ticket sale date coming soon' ???

March 23rd apparently, but whether they go ahead with that if the licence hasn't been issued, I don't know.

rumours on IORR that the licence decision will be made 2morrow

can't find anything offical on it myself but hopefully a decision is made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'll be surprised if they get the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

finbarrk wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if they get the licence.

I wouldn’t, this is Ireland after all

no news yet and its likely they wont be til next week or the week after. A decison will have to be made before the tickets go on sale on the 23rd March

The show will be 8 weeks away from the ticket sale date, can they shift 75,000-80,00 tickets in that time ??. Apprently a good few tickets are left for the uk shows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

no news yet and its likely they wont be til next week or the week after. A decison will have to be made before the tickets go on sale on the 23rd March

The show will be 8 weeks away from the ticket sale date, can they shift 75,000-80,00 tickets in that time ??. Apprently a good few tickets are left for the uk shows

I'd say so. Good chance of it being their last Irish show. First night of the tour. Dublin is a more attractive venue that some cities on the UK leg of the tour. There's a lot in its favour to sell well but price may be the stickler.

I'd say so. Good chance of it being their last Irish show. First night of the tour. Dublin is a more attractive venue that some cities on the UK leg of the tour. There's a lot in its favour to sell well but price may be the stickler.

there ok prices going by the article in the papers but still expensive. Dublin is the biggest stadium on the tour (I always thought Twickenham Stadium was the same size ??)

€181 for a top seated ticket in Dublin compared to over £200 for the UK shows and esp for Irish fans less travel expense. Let's pray the right decision is made by the DCC and we have a stones show to look forward to in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Surely a final stones tour would do 2 even 3 nights in Croke Park?

2 new UK shows added

Tues 29th May- St Marys Stadium Southampton
    Sat 2nd June- Ricoh Arena Coventry

tickets on sale Thurs 15th March at 9am

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bigpink wrote: »

Not a hope the could do 2 or 3 sold out shows in Dublin

• Advertisement

well certainly not in such a poor venue at such high prices. I could imagine it if they were at ed sheeran croke park prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

2 new UK shows added

Tues 29th May- St Marys Stadium Southampton
    Sat 2nd June- Ricoh Arena Coventry

tickets on sale Thurs 15th March at 9am

Those dates were rumoured for a long time.
    Pretty cynical the way that they only announced them now ,I'm sure lots of people in the midlands and the south bought for Manchester and London.
    Its all about maximising revenue though ,fans are treated like dirt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Really thought the stones would be huge like bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No band could sell out 3 nights in croker for the prices the stones are charging. It’s festival ticket prices, a joke.

MadYaker wrote: »
    No band could sell out 3 nights in croker for the prices the stones are charging. It’s festival ticket prices, a joke.

ah there seniors and need the money

they have many kids, grankids, great grankids and ex wifres to pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People are free to spend their money however they want, but after getting a ticket to Mad Cool Festival for €149.20 I just can’t stomach these prices

It is not a final tour. Could well happen to be, and the last time we see them here, but is certainly not been advertised like that. Those which are use it as a big marketing ploy, like elton john & paul simon.
    Really thought the stones would be huge like bruce
    They are big, and I doubt Bruce would sell out 3 nights at those prices.

rubadub wrote: »
    It is not a final tour. Could well happen to be, and the last time we see them here, but is certainly not been advertised like that. Those which are use it as a big marketing ploy, like elton john & paul simon.

They are big, and I doubt Bruce would sell out 3 nights at those prices.

Aerosmith are doing a 'farewell tour' too and are on a break on it. Ozzy on one to. 7/10 times the artists are telling the truth about retiring and try and frighten fans in an attempt to go to see then live. Personally don't like the term farewell tour

I remember someone in my house had this

status-quo-end-of-the-road-84-mud.jpg

Elton retired 40+years ago!

Ozzy in 92
    Ozzy_-_1992_Costa_Mesa_15.11.92.jpg

Monty Python had a "1st farewell tour" :)

Live%20Shows_FOLDER_Shows-122sqX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MadYaker wrote: »
    People are free to spend their money however they want, but after getting a ticket to Mad Cool Festival for €149.20 I just can’t stomach these prices

You're not even remotely comparing like with like.

Advertisement