Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You're not even remotely comparing like with like.

Cost of going to a music event v the cost of going to a music event...yeah nothing alike whatsoever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Cost of going to a music event v the cost of going to a music event...yeah nothing alike whatsoever :pac:

Ok if we are following that rationale I think it’s disgraceful that the tickets for mad cool festival cost €149 when tickets for Foster and Allen in maynooth last night were only €30 :D

corm500 wrote: »
    Ok if we are following that rationale I think it’s disgraceful that the tickets for mad cool festival cost €149 when tickets for Foster and Allen in maynooth last night were only €30 :D

Nah I think you know yourself the calibre of act(s) in question v price. I can't imagine Foster and Allen fans questioning the price and somehow doubt Madyaker is hoping they get added to the Madcool bill either :pac:

Nah I think you know yourself the calibre of act(s) in question v price. I can't imagine Foster and Allen fans questioning the price and somehow doubt Madyaker is hoping they get added to the Madcool bill either :pac:

I already brought up in another forum the fact that weekend tickets for Mad Cool with such an amazing line up were only €149 compared to €250 for an electric picnic which will I suspect have a range of cheap as chips acts. That is pure profiteering as far as im concerned.
    The Stones are a rare breed. Probably the most famous rock group of all time. Still touring, still with most original members and still putting on a great show. I think everyone knows in their hearts that this is the last time we will see them. they are in their mid seventies now
    I wish the tickets were €30 and that they played at Croke park for a week as I would love everyone to get a chance to see them. That's not the case, so you have to ask are they worth the money? damn straight they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

rubadub wrote: »
    I remember someone in my house had this

status-quo-end-of-the-road-84-mud.jpg

Elton retired 40+years ago!

Ozzy in 92
    Ozzy_-_1992_Costa_Mesa_15.11.92.jpg

Monty Python had a "1st farewell tour" :)

Live%20Shows_FOLDER_Shows-122sqX.jpg

In regards the Quo one, that was true.

That was the end of that line up until they reformed in 2013 and 2014 for reunion tours, as the original and best line up.

The line ups from 1986 onwards were a pale imitation and not Quo

• Advertisement

corm500 wrote: »
    The Stones are a rare breed. Probably the most famous rock group of all time. Still touring, still with most original members and still putting on a great show.

Fair point, having seen them before I'm not fussed but could understand people keen to see them as they may not have the chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fair point, having seen them before I'm not fussed but could understand people keen to see them as they may not have the chance again.

Siad it before but this is one of the biggest concerts ever in Croke Park in terms of music recognition. These guys are legends and prob in human

It's not offical yet cause of the licence issue but hopefully all we be clearer very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

are there lucky dip tickets available for dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

But a music festival in Spain and a one-off stadium gig in Dublin aren't comparable either.

If you're looking at prices for Rolling Stones, the frame of reference is either:
    - other outdoor gigs in Dublin or
    - Rolling Stones gigs in other cities.

On the first, a standing ticket for Paul Simon is €100 + fees, Taylor Swift is €104 + fees.

On the second, standing tickets for the Stones are £90 (€101) + fees for their UK gigs.

So we'll see where the Stones prices end up but I'd be surprised if they're much out of kilter with the above

what ye think of this

https://store.digitalstores.co.uk/rollingstones/*/*/Distressed-Irish-Flag-Tongue-Mint-T-Shirt/5T8T0000000

be nicer id it was black and not green. I might wait til the the gig to get a t-shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what ye think of this

https://store.digitalstores.co.uk/rollingstones/*/*/Distressed-Irish-Flag-Tongue-Mint-T-Shirt/5T8T0000000

be nicer id it was black and not green. I might wait til the the gig to get a t-shirt

That, a pink cowboy hat and a few olé olés and you're sorted.

flights from Dublin to Southampton are pretty expensive but its a tempting place to go if Dublin doesnt happen. Its a pretty small city and stadium

Have free cancellation hotels booked in both Southampton and Manchester and Manchester would prob be the cheaper option overall (flights, hotel etc) but sadly ticket prices are the same

seriously they have to make there mind up for Dublin, the tickets are due to go on sale next Friday 23rd March but they could easily move that to a later date

hearing rumours the residents have won and the show will not go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

hearing rumours the residents have won and the show will not go ahead

Any source?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Any source?

here
    https://www.facebook.com/clonliffeandcrokeparkarearesidentsassociation/

under the pinned event, a resident is commenting back and forth with some French fan and suggests they have won

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

here
    https://www.facebook.com/clonliffeandcrokeparkarearesidentsassociation/

under the pinned event, a resident is commenting back and forth with some French fan and suggests they have won

I really wouldn't be taking anything from that. Its just one resident telling someone to go elsewhere to see them.

If the decision has been made, you'll hear about it with more weight than a post like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

+1 I wouldn't pay any attention to that week old post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

It is true prices for the Stones, standing is £90 + fees, which on the face of it, sounds ok.

However,these are for standing tickets, which are way, way back. To be in the one third of the pitch closest to the stage, you have to cough up £283, so around €320, which is a complete joke to be quite honest, for a standing ticket. Most of the seats are also extremely expensive, If the gig goes ahead, there will be a lot of unsold seats, no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

fafy wrote: »
    It is true prices for the Stones, standing is £90 + fees, which on the face of it, sounds ok.

However,these are for standing tickets, which are way, way back.

Would agree with this, I "saw" them in Hyde Park in 2013 with a general admission standing ticket (can't remember the price) and honestly I may as well not have bothered. All I saw were the tops of the trees around the screens and periodically heard an echo of Mick's voice.
    flights from Dublin to Southampton are pretty expensive but its a tempting place to go if Dublin doesnt happen. Its a pretty small city and stadium

Have free cancellation hotels booked in both Southampton and Manchester and Manchester would prob be the cheaper option overall (flights, hotel etc) but sadly ticket prices are the same

seriously they have to make there mind up for Dublin, the tickets are due to go on sale next Friday 23rd March but they could easily move that to a later date

Be very careful if relying on that particular airline to get you to Southampton. Twice I've booked them from Dublin, both occasions the flight was delayed then cancelled at the departure gate and no alternative offered. Best to fly to any Greater London airport and bus it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Would agree with this, I "saw" them in Hyde Park in 2013 with a general admission standing ticket (can't remember the price) and honestly I may as well not have bothered. All I saw were the tops of the trees around the screens and periodically heard an echo of Mick's voice.

You're both right that the cheapest standing this time might be way way back, though I was also at their concert in Hyde Park in 2013 (GA standing ticket was £95) and I got very close to the stage. The right hand side of the stage was reserved for the more expensive tickets, but a section on the left was open to GA, and if you went in early enough you got right up to the front.

Now I admit you'd have to have got in essentially when the gates first opened, but I thought it was worth pointing out that on that occasion at least, the cheapest tickets could get you right up to the front along with all the expensive ones.

• Advertisement

Conchir wrote: »
    You're both right that the cheapest standing this time might be way way back, though I was also at their concert in Hyde Park in 2013 (GA standing ticket was £95) and I got very close to the stage. The right hand side of the stage was reserved for the more expensive tickets, but a section on the left was open to GA, and if you went in early enough you got right up to the front.

Now I admit you'd have to have got in essentially when the gates first opened, but I thought it was worth pointing out that on that occasion at least, the cheapest tickets could get you right up to the front along with all the expensive ones.

Look at the seating map on Tm UK, the £90 are a good bit back, so it is not possible to get anywhere remotely near the stage, as it is completely railed off. A band like U2, get a lot of stick generally speaking, but at all of their gigs, on every single one of their tours, with no exceptions, a standard standing ticket, can get you right to the stage with no one in front of you, if you are prepared to q up early of course. With the Stones, that is not an option, they are only interested in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Any update on the earlier posted rumour that it's a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any update on the earlier posted rumour that it's a non runner.

It was one resident saying it wasn't happening a week ago, not a rumour.

No rumours either way yet.

But, is there not a planning permission hearing ? I thought there would be a “process”, as there was for the Garth Fiasco. The issue considered and a decision made formally.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Look at the seating map on Tm UK, the £90 are a good bit back, so it is not possible to get anywhere remotely near the stage, as it is completely railed off.
    the seating images on ticket sites are usually just vague diagrams, not to scale, they make it seem big just to visually show a section.

Somebody a few weeks ago linked the "technical" drawings shown on the councils site, before it was even confirmed it was the stones. It showed fire escape exits, it appeared to be drawn properly to scale. It did clearly show 2 pits and showed the screen setup too, which pretty much confirmed it was the stones who were playing. If you bother to search you will find this post and see how close you can get with standard standing.

Starting with the sun saying that the gig is on March 17th :D

the seating images on ticket sites are usually just vague diagrams, not to scale, they make it seem big just to visually show a section.

Somebody a few weeks ago linked the "technical" drawings shown on the councils site, before it was even confirmed it was the stones. It showed fire escape exits, it appeared to be drawn properly to scale. It did clearly show 2 pits and showed the screen setup too, which pretty much confirmed it was the stones who were playing. If you bother to search you will find this post and see how close you can get with standard standing.

I am not bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, the fact is, you cannot get to the barrier of the main stage, on a standard €100 ish standing ticket, you will need to pay more than 200 Euro extra, for that privilege, which is a just taking the piss. Searing prices are also in the hundreads, it will all kick off when people realise the prices of these tickets,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I am not bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, the fact is, you cannot get to the barrier of the main stage, on a standard €100 ish standing ticket, you will need to pay more than 200 Euro extra, for that privilege, which is a just taking the piss. Searing prices are also in the hundreads, it will all kick off when people realise the prices of these tickets,

"Kick off" you say !!! Haha. Get a grip , any fan of the Rolling Stones know what they get and believe it or not the stones have a huge support base that travel long distances to see them all over the world !
    You think a rocker from Tralee will " kick off" when he sees the prices. No one is making anyone attend the show and the rocker from Tralee won't be missed if he refuses to go due to cost. Croke park will still be nearly full if not sold out

• Advertisement

hawkelady wrote: »
    "Kick off" you say !!! Haha. Get a grip , any fan of the Rolling Stones know what they get and believe it or not the stones have a huge support base that travel long distances to see them all over the world !
    You think a rocker from Tralee will " kick off" when he sees the prices. No one is making anyone attend the show and the rocker from Tralee won't be missed if he refuses to go due to cost. Croke park will still be nearly full if not sold out

these mega fans must have some money to be able to travel around to stones shows and understanding family's/jobs

on the RS forums most of these mega fans are taking about getting Pit tickets for a load of shows (there about £400 a pop)

Advertisement