Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    these mega fans must have some money to be able to travel around to stones shows and understanding family's/jobs

on the RS forums most of these mega fans are taking about getting Pit tickets for a load of shows (there about £400 a pop)

Have met Springsteen fans over the years who come from the States and see 20+ European shows. Remember working it out once. About €20k all in to follow him around for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Have met Springsteen fans over the years who come from the States and see 20+ European shows. Remember working it out once. About €20k all in to follow him around for the summer.

yeah and u2 have some fans that travel them around

These people are not well in the head and go around gloating about the number of shows they saw, the merch they have and catching a members drumstick/guitar pick etc

Prob be a cool thing to do but would it not get boring hearing the same setlist and seq almost every night on the tour and queing for hours and hours to get front row ???

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ronnie-wood-the-rolling-stones-have-a-special-link-to-ireland-dgvs2kx60

good read, funny story about a time when Mick Jagger and Ronnie were in a pub in Naas

http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/Planning/WeeklyPlanningLists/2018/18422-203%20LEVEL%203%20-%20CONCOURSE%20PLAN.pdf

looks like sections 301/302 and 336/335 will be cut off as per normal for concerts

tickets on sale friday and still no word on the licence

pre sale should be this week sometime hopefully ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Seating diagram is up on ticketmaster now so should give half an idea as to ticket prices: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

There's a golden circle as well as a "No Filter pit" that's to the sides of the runway and then the rest is pitch standing. I'm guessing the upper stands to the sides will be the €70 tickets with pitch standing somewhere in the €100-ish region. Hoping so anyway as I wouldn't really be in a position to spend much more than a hundred for a ticket.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Seating diagram is up on ticketmaster now so should give half an idea as to ticket prices: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

There's a golden circle as well as a "No Filter pit" that's to the sides of the runway and then the rest is pitch standing. I'm guessing the upper stands to the sides will be the €70 tickets with pitch standing somewhere in the €100-ish region. Hoping so anyway as I wouldn't really be in a position to spend much more than a hundred for a ticket.

expecting the best seats to be the €181 ones, GC and Pit ticket prices will be horrendous, level 2 prices for seats will be anything from €150-€120 I'm guessing and prob a handful of cheap seats. Expect GA standing to be €100 or so

anyway have funds put away for this as I knw it was on the horizon for quite some time and hoping to pick up a good seated ticket. we will prob never see them here again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Somebody put up a photo of a poster a while ago. It had various prices listed but not what they were. It also did not have pit prices.

One price was 90, which would likely be general standing, plus 6.85 in fees.

prices on the desktop TM site is €70.45-€456

can't find the pic of the Newspaper ad with the prices

edit- found these here a few pages back
    Seated - 181.00 / 136.00 / 90.00 Euro
    GA - 71.00 Euro

edit- found these here a few pages back
    Seated - 181.00 / 136.00 / 90.00 Euro
    GA - 71.00 Euro
    The photo of the poster did not say that. Seemed like someone saw the poster and presumed those were the prices. No way the cheapest standing is 71, those would be for poor seats or restricted view seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'd imagine Upper Davin Stand will be the cheap ones. Sound would be quite bad there.

Also, I've heard of those super fans leaving concerts early to head to the next venue :confused:

Ill be aiming for a seated ticket in the first few blocks of the Lower hogan or Lower Cusack stands (up to the dressing room entrances). Best sound and views imo if you dont to go fancy. I dont think many Premium level tickets will be on sale for the gig but if u want comfort there worth it and views are excellent

No pre sale info yey

Wheety wrote: »
    I'd imagine Upper Davin Stand will be the cheap ones. Sound would be quite bad there.

Also, I've heard of those super fans leaving concerts early to head to the next venue :confused:

Some berk left a Springsteen show in Glasgow on the last tour after 10 songs to drive down to Coventry for the gig that was on 2 days later to be first in the queue.

Would've loved to have found him in the carpark.

cbjO9JJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Some berk left a Springsteen show in Glasgow on the last tour after 10 songs to drive down to Coventry for the gig that was on 2 days later to be first in the queue.

Would've loved to have found him in the carpark.

A load of Springsteen fans have the propensity to think people care just how many Springsteen gigs and pits they've been to rather than actually enjoy the show. So it doesn't really surprise me strangely.

Dublin City Council gives the go-ahead for Rolling Stones Croke Park gig http://jrnl.ie/3914325

It's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Dublin City Council gives the go-ahead for Rolling Stones Croke Park gig http://jrnl.ie/3914325

It's on!

Just heard an ad on Newstalk for it without the subject to licence bit in it so came straight here to see if there was approval. :D

It's on!

:D:D:D:D:D

enjoy the night residents and hard luck ye fought a good battle

Really looking forward to the gig and a big step towards my gig bucket list ending.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thank Christ for that.

Not doubt we will see the residents threaten to blockade the trucks now!

We'll roll the tanks down Clonliffe Road like they did in 1920. They'll know the true meaning of gimme shelter then, the bástards.

Ok this really shows it was a certain cowboy who cancelled the gigs and gave the residents are bad name (although they dont have a great rep before hand) a few years ago

Id say there fuming in there homes now but at least they plenty of to plan alternatvie arragements or they simply enjoy the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Tickets prices.....

would have thought these are very reasonable.

Tickets for the Croke Park date go on general sale this Friday, 23 March priced at:

Standing/ General admission - €70.45

Seated - €90 / €136 / €181

Gold Circle – €181

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We'll roll the tanks down Clonliffe Road like they did in 1920. They'll know the true meaning of gimme shelter then, the bards.

As a resident (on clonliffe road), I have always enjoyed the gigs, theres a super atmosphere and my kids make a mint selling lemonade :D There'll be no blockade I can imagine.

GAA though, are pissing all over agreements they had with residents. Opens the whole thing up again, sure why dont they have 10 concerts a year now.

Tickets prices.....

Tickets for the Croke Park date go on general sale this Friday, 23 March priced at:

Gold Circle – €181

there ok prices cosidering the price of the UK gigs

pre sale is Thurs 22nd Mar at 12pm and all people on the mailing list will be emailed Code and link 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

[quote=PTH2009;106490048

No pre sale info yey[/quote]

Has planning been granted ? If not, there won’t be a gig

fafy wrote: »
    Has planning been granted ? If not, there won’t be a gig

Yes, read up. It's been granted.

Presale on Thursday at 12pm apparently.

Tickets prices.....

Gold Circle – €181

where did you see this?

I very much doubt standing is the cheapest.

PTH2009 posted this before with no indication of which tickets are which. I was saying someone appears to have presumed it is standing and maybe some media outlet has also got it wrong.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=443242&d=1519776799

EDIT: seems I am wrong, croke park is showing that price, not just some random paper.

https://crokepark.ie/rolling-stones

Gold Circle – €181

Yes, read up. It's been granted.

Presale on Thursday at 12pm apparently.

Nice time to have it too ,not like the usual 9am rubbish .

76 euro for standing is very cheap ,cheapest by far on the European tour .
    Could be an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ok this really shows it was a certain cowboy who cancelled the gigs and gave the residents are bad name (although they dont have a great rep before hand) a few years ago

Id say there fuming in there homes now but at least they plenty of to plan alternatvie arragements or they simply enjoy the atmosphere

1. The residents don't have any bad name. They're simply looking for the venue to adhere to the terms of the agreement made once they started holding concerts regularly.

2. The cowboy was only one party of three who screwed up the previous gigs - the promoter and venue are just as culpable. Whoever thought that five sequential days of lockdown would be tolerated in a residential area was letting profit obscure some harsh realities.

Zardoz wrote: »
    76 euro for standing is very cheap ,cheapest by far on the European tour .
    Could be an error.
    I thought the same, but not only is it on the croke park website, it is on Aiken's facebook too.
    Aiken Promotions Hi Mark, prices are as follows:

Standing/ GA - €70.45
    Gold Circle – €181

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought the same, but not only is it on the croke park website, it is on Aiken's facebook too.

Cheers.
    Odd pricing .
    I don't see the logic of the standing being 20 euro cheaper that the worst seat ,but its a welcome move.

I was going to go for a lucky dip but will get standing instead .

Advertisement