Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Awesome news.

Seriously good value for the standing tickets, if those prices are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    I don't see the logic of the standing being 20 euro cheaper that the worst seat ,but its a welcome move.
    only problem now is touts. The limit is 8 per person and standing are the best for touts to get hold of -especially in this odd case where they are so relatively cheap.

Standing at the very back for taylor swift is 104 (+6.85)

17445s.jpg

stones below
    17657s.jpg

I have said in other threads the limit on standing should be less. The usual excuse for having high limits is that a large group might want seats together, standing does not have this issue.
    I would like to see a limit of 2 on standing, 4 at most, but 8 is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rubadub wrote: »

Only stupid if you give a sh1t, which the promoters, T-Bastard and the band don't really. Easier on the servers, less transactions, way less postage and a quicker sell out time.

I do agree with you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    only problem now is touts. The limit is 8 per person and standing are the best for touts to get hold of -especially in this odd case where they are so relatively cheap.

The Stones will counter this with the Golden Circle tickets which are 190.
    The Golden Circle varied in size from venue to venue on the tour last year ,it was huge in some venues ,over half the size of the pitch .
    They will sell as many Golden Circle as they can and then switch the unsold ones to standing closer to the event.
    The touts rarely beat the Stones.

I agree a limit of 8 is ridiculous .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'll be getting tickets for this for my parents. I've never been to a gig in Croke Park before.

Anyone have tips on best seats for sound and viewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Obviously the best seats are the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great news.

Friday's my birthday as well. Must see if I can put the screws on someone to buy me the ticket!

Regulars here we really should all meet for a bevvy on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

finbarrk wrote: »
    Obviously the best seats are the most expensive.

Not necessarily. I'd rather sit closer to the stage end in a higher seat than an expensive seat face on but miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are the lucky dip tickets cheap?

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    Are the lucky dip tickets cheap?

Not sure of the price but they're usually at the cheaper end of the scale and are sold in pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Pre-sale for residents go on sale Thurs, also 100 pair of complimentary tickets for a draw. I wonder are there any limitations on the max tickets for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I have said in other threads the limit on standing should be less. The usual excuse for having high limits is that a large group might want seats together, standing does not have this issue.

Makes no sense to have a max of 8, just encourages people to buy extra tickets and sell them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fook at 70 quid for standing id nearly be tempted... get there mad early and you'd probably get close enough.
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Makes no sense to have a max of 8, just encourages people to buy extra tickets and sell them off.

It makes sense to the promoters and the band. As far as they're concerned a sold ticket is a sold ticket. They don't care if people are buying them to sell them on. In fact ticketmaster are in favour of it, they even provide a service where people can sell on tickets second hand a ticketmaster get a fee for providing this service (seatwave).

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Not sure of the price but they're usually at the cheaper end of the scale and are sold in pairs.

do we know if they are going on sale at the same time on Friday as the rest of the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

its gonna be epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How do you get on the presale mailing list?

R777B wrote: »
    do we know if they are going on sale at the same time on Friday as the rest of the tickets?

Think they're sold on the Rolling Stones website as they have separate links to those tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyone get their presale code yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Anyone get their presale code yet?

No not yet but going by the previous emails sent from the mailing they usually go out around 4pm-5pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the following were the support acts on last years leg on of the tour

09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

Id love Kaleo for Dublin. Prob no need for a big name support act unless tickets are selling bad but that wont be the case i imagine

just got my pre sale email

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Got mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Forget what I just said earlier...Got mine just there:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bomas

Are Ticketmaster still using that horrific Verified by Visa system? Think I forgot my password and I can't find a way of resetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Bomas wrote: »
    Are Ticketmaster still using that horrific Verified by Visa system? Think I forgot my password and I can't find a way of resetting.

Call your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Pitch/General Admission tickets are by far the best option for Croke Park in order to get the best sound.I was in the pit for Springsteen and the sound was great,but a lot of people who had seats said the sound was awful.Maybe the Stones will have a better sound system for the big stadium than Bruce had.

Pitch/General Admission tickets are by far the best option for Croke Park in order to get the best sound.I was in the pit for Springsteen and the sound was great,but a lot of people who had seats said the sound was awful.Maybe the Stones will have a better sound system for the big stadium than Bruce had.

i found the sound is decent in the first few sections of the lower Hogan and Cusack stands. For u2 i was in the lower hogan sec 333 (the presidents box is above that area, so sound would have to be supurb) and sound was great, in 307 for springsteen and after a shaky start the sound got better

All about the luck of the draw 2morrow/friday morning and hoping for a seat in the lower sections.

This gig is going to be epic and possibly the last time ill be in CP for a concert as I think a good few of my fav acts (that are considered) big enough for there have played the venue. I love the venue cause its so close to the city centre and i was just hop off the train and bus and im within walking distance. One thing the walk to the Cusack stand side can be a balls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

MadYaker wrote: »
    It makes sense to the promoters and the band. As far as they're concerned a sold ticket is a sold ticket. They don't care if people are buying them to sell them on. In fact ticketmaster are in favour of it, they even provide a service where people can sell on tickets second hand a ticketmaster get a fee for providing this service (seatwave).

They get fees from the seller and the buyer. Must be a cash cow for TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i found the sound is decent in the first few sections of the lower Hogan and Cusack stands. For u2 i was in the lower hogan sec 333 (the presidents box is above that area, so sound would have to be supurb) and sound was great

I was in 533, the Premium level ,just above you for U2 last year and the sound was criminally bad.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    I was in 533, the Premium level ,just above you for U2 last year and the sound was criminally bad.

odd

heres a vid of the gig i recorded from my view and as heard sound is pretty ok (samsung S8)

its unusual the pre sale code is not a unique one and its the same code for all

Advertisement