Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

What's the thoughts about gig selling out?
    Have monster bills to pay this month and can't afford to buy tickets this week but could borrow the money if people think it will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the thoughts about gig selling out?
    Have monster bills to pay this month and can't afford to buy tickets this week but could borrow the money if people think it will sell out.

I imagine there might be tickets held back/production seats as per usual for CP gigs and will become available closer to the gig etc. It's up to yourself really if u want to take the gamble ??

The saying 'tickets can always be got for gigs' is very true and please don't give touts or seatwave money

https://www.ifonly.com/m/music/product/107335/rolling-stones-ultimate-no-filter-tour-experience-meet-the-band-in-europe-with-2-premium-tickets

meet and greet package with all the proceeds going to charity but will cost you $25000 but you get

Two (2) premium reserve tickets to The Rolling Stones’ 2018 “No Filter” Tour
    Exact location will not be available until day of selected show and may be anywhere in the band's allotment
    Priority check-in and entrance
    Pre-show hospitality reception
    Meet & Greet with the band
    Personal photo with the band
    Swag bag with merchandise
    Travel and accommodations not included
    These packages may not be resold or re-auctioned under any circumstance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think it will take a bit of time to sell.I don't think there will be a big market for the touts or people selling extra tickets.I Think anybody who wants to go will get sorted easily enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tidied this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

I understand were you are coming from but % of users and readers on here will have little to no impact on sales. 
    The Stones have sent out generic codes to maximise sales, 8 ticket limit etc. They will hold back large allocations of seats and GA in order to shift the expensive seats and ridiculous platinum tickets then when sales slow release some of the held back seats / GA tickets, rinse and repeat. They do not give 2 fcuks about the fans, the Stones are a well drilled money making machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Pre-sale looks like it's only platinum and VIP tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Think I saw poster in here say a few weeks back that snow patrol will be the support. They just announced a tour around Ireland with may 17 free in between Wexford and Galway gigs.

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Think I saw poster in here say a few weeks back that snow patrol will be the support. They just announced a tour around Ireland with may 17 free in between Wexford and Galway gigs.

noticed that but they play the Olympia on the 15th May and then travelling down to Wexford

it's possible and a support slot would obv not be part of this tour and be only a short enough set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    davywalsh7 wrote: »

noticed that but they play the Olympia on the 15th May and then travelling down to Wexford

it's possible and a support slot would obv not be part of this tour and be only a short enough set

Yea I’d still be surprised if it’s them I just remembered a poster saying in here a while ago that they were the rumoured support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Pre-sale looks like it's only platinum and VIP tickets?
    That wasn't the case for other shows on the tour. I bought an ordinary seat for London on that presale.
    Checked that out, it looks like you are correct. Shag it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

finbarrk wrote: »
    That wasn't the case for other shows on the tour. I bought an ordinary seat for London on that presale.
    Checked that out, it looks like you are correct. Shag it anyway.

Saw that too unless it unlocks with the password come 12 o'clock or they change it come closer to the time of presale?

Just clicked on the more info button on the ordinary ticket section just to check it out myself and it has me in a virtual queue for some reason unless they are changing it on their side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

interesting that the gold section (which is €181 each) seems to be standing in front of the stage.

general admission is a ways back standing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

There's no way it'll be only VIP and Platinum. They are onsale early anyway, not pre-sale.
    interesting that the gold section (which is €181 each) seems to be standing in front of the stage.

Why is that interesting? It's how a lot of artists are charging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

That was the same when they played Slane, there was general admission and then the 'pit' was gold circle tickets that were more expensive

Wheety wrote: »
    There's no way it'll be only VIP and Platinum. They are onsale early anyway, not pre-sale.

Why is that interesting? It's how a lot of artists are charging now.

its interesting because its a very large section, its standing and those just behind are paying €70.45 instead of €181. No other band has done this for Croke Park from my knowledge at this scale.

image.png
    upload photos to internet

thats a very very large pit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

its interesting because its a very large section, its standing and those just behind are paying €70.45 instead of €181. No other band has done this for Croke Park from my knowledge at this scale.

Check out Taylor Swift. €104 + fees to stand right at the very back. 46% more expensive than the Stones for a significantly worse ticket.

17445s.jpg

These Stones tickets are exceptional value for money by any measure.

Also, looking at the residents presale, basically no seats anywhere near the stage or lower level or Hogan/Cusack for less than €181.

Standing the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those images are often not to scale. There was a planning application posted in this thread which showed drawings. You could check images from other gigs.

The price difference between pit & regular standing is huge alright. Phil Collins had an unusually low % difference between the 2.

U2's pit was pretty big, tickets were the exact same price for regular pit (not red zone) and regular standing. I presumed this was to make it sort of like a lottery, rather than charge more. Some reallly could not get their head around it.

1359206-(800x475).jpg?ext=.jpg

€154 including charges is pretty damn good for 2 standing tickets to the stones....see you there lads.

rubadub wrote: »

U2's pit was pretty big, tickets were the exact same price for regular pit (not red zone) and regular standing. I presumed this was to make it sort of like a lottery, rather than charge more. Some reallly could not get their head around it.

1359206-(800x475).jpg?ext=.jpg

interesting.....for U2 we had davin stand tickets and after 3 songs walked around and basically right in front of the stage. didnt seem to be blocked off at all. Probably similar deal for the stones, although you'd be pissed off if you paid €181 and some lad walked in, who paid €70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

interesting.....for U2 we had davin stand tickets and after 3 songs walked around and basically right in front of the stage. didnt seem to be blocked off at all. Probably similar deal for the stones, although you'd be pissed off if you paid €181 and some lad walked in, who paid €70

That's pretty much exactly what me and my friend did. We had regular pitch tickets, walked in and there was the stage right in front of us thanks very much lads. Really hoping the regular pitch tickets are part of the early sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

I think I'd prefer a seating ticket for myself, any suggestions for what the best place in the stand will be? Will have a few separate sessions open when tickets go on sale with the hope of getting a few different sections to choose from, maybe a bit ambitious though

pre sale sold out ??

Siad it got moved to 9am on Instagram ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pre sale sold out ??

Siad it got moved to 9am on Instagram ?

Nah.

HOGAN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €90.00 - €181.00

HOGAN STAND-PREMIUM LEVEL
    €181.00

HOGAN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €136.00 - €181.00

GOLD STANDING
    €181.00

DAVIN STAND-PREMIUM LEVEL
    €181.00

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    €90.00 - €181.00

CUSACK STAND-PREMIUM LEVEL
    €181.00

CUSACK STAND - LOWER TIER
    €70.45 - €181.00

DAVIN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €90.00 - €136.00

DAVIN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €136.00

PITCH STANDING
    €70.45

And €20,000 for the meet and greet tickets.

Wheety wrote: »
    And €20,000 for the meet and greet tickets.

:) meet & fleece

Platinum are €365.00 - €900.00

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

Will the option for presale pop up on the app at 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Platinum are €365.00 - €900.00

Platinum is a con. I'm sure people see Platinum and think it's some sort of VIP package, but it's not. It's Ticketmaster Touting. "Market-driven prices". Spare me.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Those images are often not to scale. There was a planning application posted in this thread which showed drawings. You could check images from other gigs.
    [/IMG]

It actually looks smaller in the image shown .
    Its capacity is over a third of the pitch ,8333 people .
    It will be very big.

From Planning application:

HOLDING CAPACITY - PITCH LOCATION AREA
    Diamond (No Filter) Pit 1167
    Gold Pit 8333 GA
    Standing 14000
    Disabled Platform 200
    HOLDING CAPACITY TOTAL: 23700

Advertisement