Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Got 3 x €90 tickets. Up in the nosebleeds, and disappointed i didn't get pitch standing, but at least i'm there for <€100!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Loads of €136 left... no under 100 alas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rasputin87

I was looking for standing but it kept recommending lower seating at the very back, until on one search it recommended Upper Cusack (706), so happy to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Wheety wrote: »
    Why? You not try for regular tickets?

I was just offered 2 lucky dip but I'm already going so will release them.

Got them in the end.....price didn't want to pay full whack since I've seen them before and just wanted to be there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Looks like its sold out except for VIP packages now

Edit: that's wrong. Don't know whatnot was only showing me VIP s there. Still plenty left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

No I'm still able to see €136 tickets in the lower back every time I refresh.

Went for lower back tickets in the end which were more than I originally wanted to spend.

What really annoyed me was that I had two standing tickets in my cart when the website decided to boot me out. Ticketmaster once again took the shine out of something I've been looking forward to for a good while.

Happy to swap the two for standing tickets of anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Shelga

I've got tickets held but is gold circle standing or seated?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

I got two lucky dip tickets as i wasn't forking out over 100 beans for this. Does anyone know how these work? I'm going with a mate so if they are seated tickets will i be seated with him or will we be separated?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shelga wrote: »

Standing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rasputin87

Shelga wrote: »

Standing. The yellow section on the pitch in the seat map.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

I got two lucky dip tickets as i wasn't forking out over 100 beans for this. Does anyone know how these work? I'm going with a mate so if they are seated tickets will i be seated with him or will we be separated?

afaik you will be together and could be anywhere. Gold circle I reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Standing must be gone? I was queuing from 8.40. When it loaded for me eventually.. it was only showing the lower tier tickets for 136e.

I tried again there a few minutes ago and the upper tier tickets for 90e are available.

Can see standing tix already on re-sale sites. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still plenty of €90 tickets left on the app

Croke Park is actually not as big as it looks and you will be surprised the view you could have from the upper Davin (unless there's a big sound tower in it view lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    still plenty of €90 tickets left on the app

Croke Park is actually not as big as it looks and you will be surprised the view you could have from the upper Davin (unless there's a big sound tower in it view lol)

The upper Davin is 100m+ away from the stage. You can barely see the screens never mind the band.

1dcroker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Edit: that's wrong. Don't know whatnot was only showing me VIP s there. Still plenty left
    loads still available, the www1 site is now listing them

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&did=elaserp&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&no_ccp=1&monetate_disable=true

this is just a few out of loads

Sec UPP712, Row R
    Full Price Ticket
    €90.00 ea
    Sec UPP712, Row S
    Full Price Ticket
    €90.00 ea
    Sec UPP712, Row T
    Full Price Ticket
    €90.00 ea

Sec LOW312, Row WW
    Full Price Ticket
    €136.00 ea
    Sec UPP717, Row B
    Full Price Ticket
    €136.00 ea
    Sec UPP717, Row C
    Full Price Ticket
    €136.00 ea
    Sec UPP717, Row D
    Full Price Ticket
    €136.00 ea

GOLD STANDING
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Sec LOW333, Row T
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Sec LOW333, Row V
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Sec LOW333, Row W
    Full Price Ticket
    €181.00 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Nal wrote: »
    The upper Davin is 100m+ away from the stage. You can barely see the screens never mind the band.

1dcroker.jpg

That is on the roof?

Still loads left, but Pitch Standing must be gone.

I'm only trying to buy them for a friend who can't get online at work.

I'll try Seatwave at 12 I suppose.

That is on the roof?

Maybe. View from the back of the upper Davin is the same. Fúcking miles away. You're watching a load of other people at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That is on the roof?

the control room and the blank big screen takes away from the stage a bit for CP shows but obv they cant be blocked

it's a wonder why bands productions can't use the stadiums big screens ??? Prob a different feed or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've been in that exact spot (corner of the upper Davin) for a rugby game before, and the seats were perfect.

I was in the middle of the upper Davin last year for U2, and thought it was grand. No issues with sound anyway, and while you're at the back, the screens do help.
    Maybe I was lucky but i had no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Pitch gone straight away, I think they sold the majority of the pitch tickets in the presale.

I've been in that exact spot (corner of the upper Davin) for a rugby game before, and the seats were perfect.

I was in the middle of the upper Davin last year for U2, and thought it was grand. No issues with sound anyway, and while you're at the back, the screens do help.
    Maybe I was lucky but i had no complaints.

I was in the upper Davin for U2 on the big claw thingy tour and the sound was fantastic but I couldn't see shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Butterface wrote: »
    Standing must be gone? I was queuing from 8.40. When it loaded for me eventually.. it was only showing the lower tier tickets for 136e.

I tried again there a few minutes ago and the upper tier tickets for 90e are available.

Can see standing tix already on re-sale sites. :mad:

Their queue system doesn't work if you just leave it waiting. I went on just after 9 and was offered regular standing.

Was also offered some on the mobile site after that.

I'd recommend only having 1 TM tab open in your browser but maybe 2 or 3 different browsers. Also have mobile site on the go and the app too.

When you have more than 1 browser open at least you can refresh one at 9:00 and leave the other queuing if you're worried. I should probably stop given my tips away as I have never failed to get tickets for shows I want. Having said that, I nearly always get my tickets in pre-sale. Some as simple as signing up to a website in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Still Gold Circle left. If you're a big fan, €190ish won't seem too bad in 6 months time (I know gig is only 2 months away. I'm saying a few months after the gig, the money will be forgotten about).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »

Its closer to 150m !
    You'd need binoculars .

The Croke Park pitch is 60m longer than Wembley so the seats at the back are miles away compared to a normal football stadium.

The worst seat in the 3arena is 60m from the stage ,that's actually closer than the best seat in Croke Park as the pitch is so wide .

Its a terrible stadium for concerts as its far too long and too wide .
    Pitch gone straight away, I think they sold the majority of the pitch tickets in the presale.

No doubt they will release more standing closer to the concert when they cant shift the remainder of the Golden Circle.

Wheety wrote: »
    Their queue system doesn't work if you just leave it waiting. I went on just after 9 and was offered regular standing.

Was also offered some on the mobile site after that.

I'd recommend only having 1 TM tab open in your browser but maybe 2 or 3 different browsers. Also have mobile site on the go and the app too.

When you have more than 1 browser open at least you can refresh one at 9:00 and leave the other queuing if you're worried. I should probably stop given my tips away as I have never failed to get tickets for shows I want. Having said that, I nearly always get my tickets in pre-sale. Some as simple as signing up to a website in advance.

Thanks for the tips Wheety. I've never actually bought tickets on the morning they go on sale.. my OH usually gets them.

I'll see what they're going for on Seatwave, but I'd say he won't want to stretch above 100 for the standing tickets.

I wanted to be the hero for my Stones-loving friend.. but I guess there'll be no free pint for me this weekend! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jumpin Jack Flash package- €375 Lower Hogan 332/333 and Cusack Sec 304/305

Cusack Sec 304 was €181 in the presale yesterday. So they definitely preferenced the presale buyers yesterday.

Pitch Standing starting at 140e on Seatwave.. but of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I got 2 pitch standing for 100 each on ViaGoGo after I couldn't buy on Ticketmaster because of that Verified by Visa/SecureCode ****e on my debit card, the page where I was meant to enter my security password kept coming up as "unknown error" so I couldn't complete the transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I sat in the lower Davin Stand for U2 night 1 in 2005. It was a waste of time. The sound was atrocious, the audio was out of synch with the video screens and there was zero atmosphere. I went to the 3rd night of that run and sat in the Lower Cusack stand close to the stage and it was a completely different experience.

That lesson taught me not to let the the cost of the ticket dictate your enjoyment of the show.

I opted for the gold circle standing for the Stones.
    Dont get me wrong, Im not comfortable with paying €188 for a gig. But I'd prefer to pay that for an unforgettable night than €70/€90 for a sub standard experience.

Advertisement