Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

poundhound wrote: »
    I sat in the lower Davin Stand for U2 night 1 in 2005. It was a waste of time. The sound was atrocious, the audio was out of synch with the video screens and there was zero atmosphere. I went to the 3rd night of that run and sat in the Lower Cusack stand close to the stage and it was a completely different experience.

That lesson taught me not to let the the cost of the ticket dictate your enjoyment of the show.

I opted for the gold circle standing for the Stones.
    Dont get me wrong, Im not comfortable with paying €188 for a gig. But I'd prefer to pay that for an unforgettable night than €70/€90 for a sub standard experience.

yea, I can only imagine how bad the sound would be in that location! When you are that far back, the sound and videos are always out of sync, as the speakers in front of you are at a slight delay to the ones at the stage, to allow the sound from the stage to hit you at the same time as the speakers in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Very few acts i would bother going to see live so don't mind paying the extortionate prices at all, once in a lifetime experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Butterface wrote: »
    Pitch Standing starting at 140e on Seatwave.. but of course!
    don't forget the fees

cheapest at the moment is
    ticket €136.93
    Booking Fee (inc VAT) €25.99 (bargain!)
    E-ticket Handling €4.95 (how can they do it so cheaply!)
    Total Price €167.87

Testament1 wrote: »
    I got 2 pitch standing for 100 each on ViaGoGo

that is not too bad, considering that is the price most expected them to be.

rubadub wrote: »
    don't forget the fees

cheapest at the moment is
    ticket €136.93
    Booking Fee (inc VAT) €25.99 (bargain!)
    E-ticket Handling €4.95 (how can they do it so cheaply!)
    Total Price €167.87

25.99 booking fee haha, never heard the likes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

loads still available, the www1 site is now listing them

What is the www1 site - is this a re-sale site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

That's just the ticket price, as you said fees on those sites are mental.

What is the www1 site - is this a re-sale site.

no, it is ticketmaster, I gave the link, here it is again.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&did=elaserp&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&no_ccp=1&monetate_disable=true

if you go to ticketmasters site sometimes this style of page automatically comes up, sometimes not, if you type a 1 after the www it usually will appear.

Early on you did not see all the available rows (at least I think you couldn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

no, it is ticketmaster, I gave the link, here it is again.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&did=elaserp&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&no_ccp=1&monetate_disable=true

if you go to ticketmasters site sometimes this style of page automatically comes up, sometimes not, if you type a 1 after the www it usually will appear.

Early on you did not see all the available rows (at least I think you couldn't)

I saw this and was a bit suspicious because it looks completely different from the screen shown first thing this morning. I got tickets for €136 about 9:05 and am a bit annoyed now to see lots of tickets available for €90. These were not on sale earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

The tickets are expensive but look, Mick is shoving on and he has to think of his retirement so I'm happy to help in any way I can. Don't forget he has a rake of kids too and maybe more on the way so dig deep folks and give the man a break. He deserves it! As of course do his bandmates. I saw them in Wembley in '95 and I thought they were old f*****s then. Fair play to them is all I can say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

pawdee wrote: »
    The tickets are expensive but look, Mick is shoving on and he has to think of his retirement so I'm happy to help in any way I can. Don't forget he has a rake of kids too and maybe more on the way so dig deep folks and give the man a break. He deserves it! As of course do his bandmates. I saw them in Wembley in '95 and I thought they were old f*****s then. Fair play to them is all I can say.

Lol gas man. Don't think Mick needs help in the money department :D

Going myself, saw them on the Licks tour in 2002 and they were unbelievable.

Living legends, I want to see them one more time. One of the only bands worth those prices, the atmosphere alone will be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Was somewhat surprised to see Pitch Standing was E70 and not actually more? The Golden Circle pitch is E181, but I have a feeling that stadium graphic won't be accurate on the day.... I wonder if the Golden Circle will end up being half or even more of the field on the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

few pints in Murreys/living room pre concert i think after a fed of beschoffs

Its only about 10 min walk away from CP

pawdee wrote: »

They have been playing the "sure we are gettin on now this will probably be our last tour" card since the early 90's haha, its genius marketing, Mick still putting his degree in business to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I get why people have an urge to see them, stone cold classics. Performance wise it's nothing special.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I get why people have an urge to see them, stone cold classics. Performance wise it's nothing special.

there prob one of the longest touring/performing bands around, they started in 1962 (well 3 orginal members still there) and have played some of the biggest venues around the world, are very well known and prob imhuman lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "I wonder if the Golden Circle will end up being half or even more of the field on the day!!".

I was wondering about this too.

However, having seen photos of the Pitch 1 (closest to stage) section for U2 last year, it was set up exactly per the ticketmaster seating chart.

If the Stones gold circle standing section follows suit, it will be smaller than U2's, Possibly taking up 1/3rd of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I saw this and was a bit suspicious because it looks completely different from the screen shown first thing this morning. I got tickets for €136 about 9:05 and am a bit annoyed now to see lots of tickets available for €90. These were not on sale earlier.

I am in exactly the same boat, a total and utter gouge as per usual.

But, if people dont start voting with their feet and wallets (which they wont) any legislation for re-sale wont have any effect on drip feeding different categories to drive rumours and demand. Capitalism in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Re "I wonder if the Golden Circle will end up being half or even more of the field on the day!!".

However, having seen photos of the Pitch 1 (closest to stage) section for U2 last year, it was set up exactly per the ticketmaster seating chart.

If the Stones gold circle standing section follows suit, it will be smaller than U2's, Possibly taking up 1/3rd of the pitch.

It'll be pretty accurate to the diagram. These things are heavily planned for health and safety purposes including access, security etc. and in the venue proposal documents these would all be laid out. There won't be a material deviation from the seating plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

It'll be pretty accurate to the diagram. These things are heavily planned for health and safety purposes including access, security etc. and in the venue proposal documents these would all be laid out. There won't be a material deviation from the seating plan.

On the diagram the gold circle is small, but the planning document shows 8000 GC and 14000 GA. Doubt 8000 GC would sell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

It'll be pretty accurate to the diagram. These things are heavily planned for health and safety purposes including access, security etc.  and in the venue proposal documents these would all be laid out. There won't be a material deviation from the seating plan.
    I hope you're right about The Stones, because for Gun N' Roses in Slane last year it definitely wasn't. The G N' R Slane Pit area (Golden Circle) was the biggest I have ever seen and was way, way bigger than the graphic on the website when purchasing tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Goreme wrote: »
    I hope you're right about The Stones, because for Gun N' Roses in Slane last year it definitely wasn't. The G N' R Slane Pit area (Golden Circle) was the biggest I have ever seen and was way, way bigger than the graphic on the website when purchasing tickets.

Now I could be corrected here but Slane might be slightly different given where it is and the general access to it. When it's in the middle of the city, there's more of a focus on crowd control and who exits and enters where.

This was posted before

HOLDING CAPACITY - PITCH LOCATION AREA
    Diamond (No Filter) Pit 1167
    Gold Pit 8333 GA
    Standing 14000
    Disabled Platform 200
    HOLDING CAPACITY TOTAL: 23700

2s84m7p.jpg

what way do the seats go

example for section 333 lower Hogan does seats 15 (outside seat) -23 go into section 332 and seats 14 (Outside seat) -1 tie into section 334 ??

been to Croke Park many many times but can't understand the seating arrangements there regards seat numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Looks like standing tickets are back up on Ticketmaster

boyznoise wrote: »
    Looks like standing tickets are back up on Ticketmaster

I see no regular standing only gold circle standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Put the www1 in and they are an option, looks like they are gone again, but l say they will defo re-appear again at some stage today or 2moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Went for Gold circle myself. Probably a bit more than I wanted to pay but I never mind paying a bit extra for great experiences. I've missed out on seeing the Stones twice before and they're my Dad's favourite band so happy to be up a bit closer to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Prince Harry is in the North today.
    Seemingly the reason the Dublin gig is on a Thursday is because Mick is expecting an invite to the wedding on May 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Any idea what songs will be played?

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any idea what songs will be played?

The entire "Cocksucker Blues" album.

Advertisement