Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Wild Horses.
    Almost hear you sigh.
    Paint it Black
    Sympathy for a Devil.
    Brown Sugar.
    Gimme Shelter.
    Satisfaction.
    Tumbling Dice. Obviously
    Can't get what you want.
    Jumping Jack Flash.

Any other contenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Wild Horses.
    Almost hear you sigh.
    Paint it Black
    Sympathy for a Devil.
    Brown Sugar.
    Gimme Shelter.
    Satisfaction.
    Tumbling Dice. Obviously
    Can't get what you want.
    Jumping Jack Flash.

Any other contenders?

it's only rock n roll (but I like it) has to be included

Id fear for the middle lull of the gig when the lesser known songs are done. I think Richards sings 1/2 each show

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any idea what songs will be played?

You can check on www.setlist.fm they show song statistics

also on www.setify.co you can generate your own spotify setlists.

It can have options to show most likely setlist.

first 3 songs seem to be always
    Sympathy for the Devil
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
    Tumbling Dice
    then a couple off the recent blue & lonesome album, most likely
    Just Your Fool
    Ride 'Em on Down

the last few also seem similar
    Start Me Up

Brown Sugar

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore:
    Gimme Shelter

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

They know what people want to hear, there might be 2 or 3 you are not familiar with but they will not short change you or do some oddball "all new song" setlist like some other artists might have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rayo 2

PTH2009 wrote: »

Id fear for the middle lull of the gig when the lesser known songs are done. I think Richards sings 1/2 each show

Hope the give the old Honky Tonk women a twirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Goreme wrote: »
    I hope you're right about The Stones, because for Gun N' Roses in Slane last year it definitely wasn't. The G N' R Slane Pit area (Golden Circle) was the biggest I have ever seen and was way, way bigger than the graphic on the website when purchasing tickets.

Has anyone been to the pit (as opposed to Gold Circle) in Croker before or in similar venues.

Would be tempted to try and get one and sell my seat but concerned at being so close to the action I might end up seeing nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Has anyone been to the pit (as opposed to Gold Circle) in Croker before or in similar venues.

Would be tempted to try and get one and sell my seat but concerned at being so close to the action I might end up seeing nothing at all.

Was in it for u2 and Coldplay and loved it. I just couldn’t justify paying €186 for it when I was able to get a normal standing for €75. But if ur a big fan and can afford it, it’s a great ticket

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/2017/u-arena-nanterre-france-be31d1e.html

last setlist on the tour (look if u want)

very good I have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/2017/u-arena-nanterre-france-be31d1e.html

last setlist on the tour (look if u want)

very good I have to say

Can we all agree to request She's a rainbow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

rubadub wrote: »
    then a couple off the recent blue & lonesome album, most likely

The songs I've heard from that album are the best thing they've done since Exile on Main St. I'd no intention of going to this gig but this forum strikes again thanks to the person who posted the pre-sale code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Was in it for u2 and Coldplay and loved it. I just couldn’t justify paying €186 for it when I was able to get a normal standing for €75. But if ur a big fan and can afford it, it’s a great ticket

He mentioned the pit which is €750.

Anyone know the difference between Gold Circle (€181) and Gold Standing in the platinum listings? They're €275. They seem to be the same tickets but around €100 dearer.

They also try to stick you with the plastic tickets for another €6.95 as the default option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The entire "Cocksucker Blues" album.

With footage of roadie jizz, Mick **** over his jeans and Keith injecting heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Midnight Rambler could make an appearance.

They sometimes open with Start Me Up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Looks like the touts could get stung, I thought it would sell out quickly.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rolling-stones-tickets-on-resale-sites-despite-not-selling-out-468672.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I was just looking at the tickets left. I think the pricing has screwed the touts. €76 for standing ticket. To make profit on a tout site you need to charge at least €120 because of all the charges for the seller.

Then the buyer will also have to pay fees on that which would bring it up to €140-150. Might as well buy the Gold standing then. you'll be closer to the stage.

We've seen U2 and Coldplay tickets go for over €400 on those sites. But you can buy premium tickets from TM for that.

I think it may be the way all artists go. Let the people who can afford it pay the large prices and then have plenty of tickets for a cheaper price. You may be further back but you have the option of paying more to get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Plenty of tickets left on ticketmaster, lot of comments that Taylor Swift had poor sales on the Sat night, this doesn't look a whole lot better. 181EUR plus fees for a lot of moderate seats in croke park won't appeal to a many of the casual fans

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

There wasnt much demand for the stones gig, sales have been terrible.

Coldplay have a much broader fan base than the Stones, appeal to young and old. U2 home town gig. Then again Stones charging 140 euro for an awful seat in the gods dosent help matters. Someone on here described the upper tier seats well, "your watching other people at a gig" all for the lovely price of 280 euro for 2.

Looking like aspirations of filing Croker were hubris on their part, Aviva might have been a more realistic bet by the sounds of it.

I would say that not all the 70 euro standing tickets have not been sold and are being held back so that people buy the overpriced seats. Standing reappeared as an option yesterday afternoon but soon disappeared again on the www1 Ticketmaster site.

Wheety wrote: »
    He mentioned the pit which is €750.

Anyone know the difference between Gold Circle (€181) and Gold Standing in the platinum listings? They're €275. They seem to be the same tickets but around €100 dearer.

They also try to stick you with the plastic tickets for another €6.95 as the default option.

Yup that's what I meant. The actual pit (circa 1,000) not the Gold Circle standing. Has anyone been to the pit for any gig at Croker or Aviva, particularly any gig with two stages and what's the view like?

I think the Gold Circle standing at these gigs is a bit of a con. You could easily end up seeing nothing more than the regular standing folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

rubadub wrote: »

They know what people want to hear, there might be 2 or 3 you are not familiar with but they will not short change you or do some oddball "all new song" setlist like some other artists might have done.

Despite a bigger bang being decent they'll play nothing off it and they know haven't had a properly good album since 1981 and the set will reflect that :D

They'll play 1/2 off the covers(latest) album, 2 Keith tracks and the rest will be known to your 40 licks listener just like Slane 10 years ago. Not sure why Miss You hasn't been mentioned btw, If you intend on hearing 'Almost Hear You Sigh' and the like I'd quit those expectations.
    In a pretty nifty back catalog full of tunes that's not one of them, muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any old opportunity for Noel Rock to get in the paper ,the guy is mad for publicity.

The concert is selling poorly and he is up on his soapbox .
    He is probably the one putting up the mad high listings to garner attention.
    Looking like aspirations of filing Croker were hubris on their part, Aviva might have been a more realistic bet by the sounds of it.

The prices for all of the outdoor concerts in Croke Park and the RDS this summer are ridiculously overpriced .
    Promoters are getting greedy thinking people are going to fork out 150 euro + for poor seats.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The prices for all of the outdoor concerts in Croke Park and the RDS this summer are ridiculously overpriced .
    Promoters are getting greedy thinking people are going to fork out 150 euro + for poor seats.

Yea i think all this exaggeration of economic recovery convinced them we are in full Celtic Tiger mode again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yea i think all this exaggeration of economic recovery convinced them we are in full Celtic Tiger mode again.

They just assumed the recovery expanded outside the big smoke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I was just looking at the tickets left. I think the pricing has screwed the touts. €76 for standing ticket. To make profit on a tout site you need to charge at least €120 because of all the charges for the seller.

Then the buyer will also have to pay fees on that which would bring it up to €140-150. Might as well buy the Gold standing then. you'll be closer to the stage.
    Ah no, to get the €76 back, they just need to sell for €87. Buyer then would pay €110 (for eticket) or so on seatwave or €112 viagogo.
    Long way off €181 for gold.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing we will be seeing all the Croker park gigs not selling out

That was a great gig. I saw them in Hyde Park 2013 and it was a bit meh.

They haven't announced any UK dates yet. I would definitely go and see them again, but they need to get cracking if they want to shift that amount of tickets in such a tight time frame.

I called it such way back folks!!

Still think they'll shift most of the stadium by the day. FOMO will kick in - we've all been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Conchir wrote: »
    Midnight Rambler could make an appearance.

They sometimes open with Start Me Up.
    You can see historical setlist statistics.

In 2017, these songs were played at every gig.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/the-rolling-stones-bd6ad22.html?year=2017
    You Can't Always Get What You Want Play Video stats
    Miss You Play Video stats
    Street Fighting Man Play Video stats
    Sympathy for the Devil Play Video stats
    Start Me Up Play Video stats
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) Play Video stats
    Paint It Black Play Video stats
    Brown Sugar Play Video stats
    Tumbling Dice Play Video stats
    Honky Tonk Women Play Video stats
    (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Play Video stats
    Slipping Away Play Video stats
    Gimme Shelter Play Video stats
    Happy Play Video stats
    Jumpin' Jack Flash Play Video stats
    Ride 'Em on Down (Jimmy Reed cover) Play Video stats
    Midnight Rambler
    gold circle is no longer on sale (note I do not say sold out!). They might be holding them back to get rid of seats and also to boost their highly profitable seatwave sales of standard standing tickets.

People will also buy regular standing on seatwave since they might have friends who got regular standing.

I still cannot get my head around the relatively cheap standing and think it might have hurt other sales -as it put a valuation on the entry fee. e.g. if regular standing were 100 and all sold out (and I think they would have) then people would have been more open to buying 90 or 136euro tickets.

But if you missed out on the 70 standing it is now almost double for a poor enough seat so really does appear more of a ripoff. The cheapest now are 136 if buying 2 tickets. You can still get singles for 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Im guessing we will be seeing all the Croker park gigs not selling out

Some difference from last year with U2 and Coldplay .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Some difference from last year with U2 and Coldplay .

yeah hoping it doesn't take away from the atmosphere a bit for the stones. I remember RHCP sold pretty poorly and it was terrible seeing all the empty sections. I imagine they will have black covers for the unsold sections ??

Advertisement