Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I called it such way back folks!!

Still think they'll shift most of the stadium by the day..
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Some difference from last year with U2 and Coldplay .
    Maybe the promoters learned their lesson from what they might consider disastrous sales/pricing of U2 & coldplay.

Can't remember where I heard it but promoters out to maximise profits should logically be disappointed to see a gig sell out in minutes, or even in days or weeks. It is proof that they could have charged a lot more.

The ideal would be having 1 single ticket left unsold to a gig, that way they know they charged the perfect amount without wondering if they could have got more, and can still declare it a sellout.

People keep asking if Taylor Swift is going to cancel and I was saying even if half sold out she is making more than Ed Sheeran did, as the tickets are twice the price. A huge amount of cost would be in the stage setup so it would be stupid to cancel a 2nd night when you have that sunk cost.

U2 could have charged a lot more, especially for the "pitch 2" pit tickets, but I reckon they do not want to be seen as money grabbing on their home turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

U2 just waited until this year to well and truly rip of the home town fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is there insurance to refund tickets should the band all die of old age before the show? Its the sort of thing that should be standard now with so many ancient acts still touring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Very tempted to sell my Block 304 seat and go for the pit.

First world problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Shelga

Anyone wanna guess what percentage of total tickets available have sold? Got 2 gold circle tickets and slightly regretting it now but I’m sure it will be an amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Shelga wrote: »
    Anyone wanna guess what percentage of total tickets available have sold? Got 2 gold circle tickets and slightly regretting it now but I’m sure it will be an amazing gig.

Ah twill be great, a rip off but I cant bleedin wait, favourite band.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very tempted to sell my Block 304 seat and go for the pit.

First world problems!

you would pay €899 each for a Pit ticket and a pack of merch ??

seems getting a Pit ticket for Dublin is only through buying the Start me up VIP package ??

I wonder will all the lucky dips get pit tickets then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I had a free computer on Friday morn and on a complete whim got myself 2 seats in the lower Davin.

This was a rushed and unresearched decision. Are these seats very poor? What are the chances of selling on at minimum loss does anyone know?

I had a free computer on Friday morn and on a complete whim got myself 2 seats in the lower Davin.

This was a rushed and unresearched decision. Are these seats very poor? What are the chances of selling on at minimum loss does anyone know?

maybe contact TM and they could trade seats or something ??

plenty of seats left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sad day when the Stones don't sell out Croke Park in a flash!

I guess one good thing is, it'll put the pressure on the promoters to splash out on a decent support bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

I guess one good thing is, it'll put the pressure on the promoters to splash out on a decent support bill!

Will it though? I don't think many people would be persuaded to go on the basis of a support act that weren't already interested, especially at these prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Use the ticketmaster fan guarantee. You can get a refund on the tickets within 72 hours so you'll have to move quickly on it.

Will it though? I don't think many people would be persuaded to go on the basis of a support act that weren't already interested, especially at these prices.

I wonder will people get free upgrades to fill up the good seats ??

They can easily curtain off the unsold sections to make it look full

a few factors the ticket price, a midweek gig and tour dates all over the UK and parts of Europe

either way the gig will go ahead and the band and management will be paid handsomely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

There are so many permutations of tickets, VIP packages, platinum tickets and "experiences" that it's very hard to know how many tickets remain, but the promoters can easily switch tickets from the VIP packages to basic ticket-only if they end up with a lot of unsold seats closer to the time.

Be grand.

It would have been a sad day if it DID sell out in a flash at those prices. Then for future gigs promotors would know we can be fleeced and see no reason to set more reasonable prices.

I wonder if any poor selling stones gigs did get different support from that planned.

When phil collins announced blondie as support there was more interest, and when liam gallagher announced richard ashcroft as support several posters said they were now going.

rubadub wrote: »
    It would have been a sad day if it DID sell out in a flash at those prices. Then for future gigs promotors would know we can be fleeced and see no reason to set more reasonable prices.

I wonder if any poor selling stones gigs did get different support from that planned.

When phil collins announced blondie as support there was more interest, and when liam gallagher announced richard ashcroft as support several posters said they were now going.

heres the support for last years leg
    09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

Id love Kaleo in Dublin (they have no dates for around the gig), gates open at 5pm so we might 2 support acts with the stones coming on at 8pm or so

It all depends on whos touring. On the stones forum they were rumours Snow Patrol were supporting in Dublin but they have since announced an Irish tour for May (although the 17th May is free). Saw Rival Sons support Black Sabbath and they were ok, never heard of De Staat, Los Zigarros, Leon Bridges or The Hellacopters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I dont know why people thought this was going to sell out instantaneously ,none of the European dates have sold out yet and Stones concerts rarely sell out ,thats not how they sell their tickets.

The Stones like to sell tickets slowly and implement dynamic ticket prices .
    They seem to have shot themselves in the foot with the short lead time for the tour ,2-3 months is all they allowed themselves for most of the european dates and thats not enough considering the way they sell tickets.

rolling_stones_no_filter_stufish_neg_earth_solotech_wicreations.jpg?itok=zCbmo3Hg

pretty impressive stage but i wonder will it suit Croke park ???

The control room on hill 16 that cant be blocked could ruin the look at bit

gold circle is no longer on sale (note I do not say sold out!). They might be holding them back to get rid of seats and also to boost their highly profitable seatwave sales of standard standing tickets.
    Gold circle back on sale, can get 8 no bother

the page layout has changed a little too.
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&did=elaserp

I suspect this is them holding them back, but I also wonder if touts are snapping up tickets and realising they are not selling for much and then returning them using that refund option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

gold circle is no longer on sale (note I do not say sold out!). They might be holding them back to get rid of seats and also to boost their highly profitable seatwave sales of standard standing tickets.
    Gold circle back on sale, can get 8 no bother

the page layout has changed a little too.
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&did=elaserp

I suspect this is them holding them back, but I also wonder if touts are snapping up tickets and realising they are not selling for much and then returning them using that refund option.

Yea its alot easier to navigate various price ranges/sections than before, still lots of ****e tickets left. Which is better in lower sections, single or double letter rows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Use the ticketmaster fan guarantee. You can get a refund on the tickets within 72 hours so you'll have to move quickly on it.

I looked for refund option on Friday afternoon and could see nada. I presumed it wasn't covered as they say some gigs aren't.

This is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I looked for refund option on Friday afternoon and could see nada. I presumed it wasn't covered as they say some gigs aren't.

This is disappointing.

It's available for every gig (once the criteria are satisfied), it's just a form you fill out.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/contact-fan-guarantee/?_ga=2.215998355.589851825.1522053823-1934334650.1517589097

PTH2009 wrote: »
    rolling_stones_no_filter_stufish_neg_earth_solotech_wicreations.jpg?itok=zCbmo3Hg

pretty impressive stage but i wonder will it suit Croke park ???

The control room on hill 16 that cant be blocked could ruin the look at bit

Thanks for posting this. Won't go for the pit now, likely to only see the back of someone's head.

Stage set up in scope seems similar to the rotating prisms at Beyoncé.

Thanks for posting this. Won't go for the pit now, likely to only see the back of someone's head.

Stage set up in scope seems similar to the rotating prisms at Beyoncé.

I'm to the side a bit in section 333/334 if the lower Hogan in may but hoping for an amazing view of the stage. They are €181 at the end of the day so I expect it. I was in the section for u2 and it was amazing im a little bit to the left to where I was for that

speaking of classic acts Ive seen, I was at Aerosmith in the 3arena last summer and they rocked the place out and them in their late sixties. Age is better for some live acts

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Speaking of classic acts Ive seen, I was at Aerosmith in the 3arena last summer and they rocked the place out and them in their late sixties. Age is better for some live acts

That Aerosmith gig (and nod to St Vincent at the Olympia) was the best gig of last year, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

That Aerosmith gig (and nod to St Vincent at the Olympia) was the best gig of last year, hands down.

Completely agree as well. They were phenomenal.

Ive two standing and planning to bring my father. He has seen them 8 times before, this is my first. Saw The Who a couple of times with him, should be good to see the Stones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi just wondering if anyone else can print their tickets off yet, when I look to the following come up,
    Dispatch Status
    Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:

Your event has already taken place – please check your order details.
    We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance
    Thank you for your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

celticbest wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone else can print their tickets off yet, when I look to the following come up,

Nah.

They sent an email out saying that the tickets were confirmed and all that but, no available to print at the moment but, they'll email us when they are

• Advertisement

heard 'the last time' today and didn't even knw it was the Stones who performed it

I doubt they still do that live, Same with 'Ruby Tuesday' ?

Advertisement