Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Just letting those who didn't get a ticket yet know, the EUR 70 GA tickets were back on sale last night, was able to buy 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bargain! and there are worse at that price too!

Section LOW308 Row Z
    Ticket + Collector Ticket at additional 6.95 per ticket
    €456.00 ea

17657s.jpg?ext=.jpg

regular standing still there.

Loads for 456 for some reason, these did not show before

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&did=elaserp

I thought 456 was only the red pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

rubadub wrote: »
    bargain! and there are worse at that price too!

Section LOW308 Row Z
    Ticket + Collector Ticket at additional 6.95 per ticket
    €456.00 ea

regular standing still there.

Loads for 456 for some reason, these did not show before

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&did=elaserp

I thought 456 was only the red pit

It's an error, when you click through the actual price of the ticket goes back to €181.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Got standing there. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mega fans actually want to pay €456 for a pit ticket going by the stones fourms

These people must be millionaires and have very understanding jobs/familys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mega fans actually want to pay €456 for a pit ticket going by the stones fourms

These people must be millionaires and have very understanding jobs/familys

Probably yanks and the people who buy these tickets are generally the people who can least afford it.

apperently the specials are opening for the stones in coventry

That would be a great support band for Dublin but ya knw Aiken will cheap out and get a crap support act

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

apperently the specials are opening for the stones in coventry

That would be a great support band for Dublin but ya knw Aiken will cheap out and get a crap support act

Maybe they are going down the line of having a well known local band for each gig, as the Specials are from Coventry. If so, what Dublin band would fit the bill?
    Are U2 busy that night?
    :D

corm500 wrote: »
    Maybe they are going down the line of having a well known local band for each gig, as the Specials are from Coventry. If so, what Dublin band would fit the bill?
    Are U2 busy that night?
    :D

Yeah there in the US on tour

A few other Dub bands could play ??Aslan, Boomtown Rats to name but a few

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rebel_dreamer

Yeah there in the US on tour

A few other Dub bands could play ??Aslan, Boomtown Rats to name but a few

Won't be Boomtown rats, got an email from MCD today announcing them as support for Queen & Adam Lambert in July.

My money is on Snowpatrol, espec when they're in the middle of their tour around Ireland and have that day free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I am able to get 2 standing tickets right now, I really wish this was the case a few weeks back, I'm stuck with lower Cusack tickets that I paid €135 for each that I would have no chance of selling on. Almost wish I didn't find out there were standing available again :-)

This was support last year, I think most were local acts.

09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

The poor sales might force them to get more than 1 support act, or a bigger name that would attract more to go. 1 date there had 2 acts, I wonder if there were poor sales for it.

Support for the last few times they played here.

Slane 1982:
    The J. Geils Band
    The Chieftains
    George Thorogood and the Destroyers

Point Depot 2003:
    The Cooper Temple Clause
    The Thrills

Slane 2007:
    Frankie Gavin
    Tinariwen
    The Hold Steady
    The Charlatans

I'm thinking Snow Patrol for support or The Script. If the budgets not there then we might see the Coronas.

Support for the last few times they played here.

Slane 1982:
    The J. Geils Band
    The Chieftains
    George Thorogood and the Destroyers

Point Depot 2003:
    The Cooper Temple Clause
    The Thrills

Slane 2007:
    Frankie Gavin
    Tinariwen
    The Hold Steady
    The Charlatans

I'm thinking Snow Patrol for support or The Script. If the budgets not there then we might see the Coronas.

The Script sold out Croke Park themselves only 3 years ago a bit too big for support ??

Might not be a big name at all, just have to wait and see. Having a decent support really adds to the day esp if a personal favourite

The Script sold out Croke Park themselves only 3 years ago a bit too big for support ??

Might not be a big name at all, just have to wait and see. Having a decent support really adds to the day esp if a personal favourite

The Stones have had AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Metallica and Pearl Jam as support in recent years. There is no name too big to support them

those 456euro script tickets were like gold dust!!

the likes of the script & ed sheeran had an easy time selling out croke park at such relatively low prices.

I really hope it is an older band/bands for support.

Might not be a big name at all,
    As I said before, hopefully the poor sales will force it. Liam Gallagher had Richard Ashcroft as support on his apparently poor selling malahide gig, though it seems he is supporting elsewhere too. But you could see in the thread many got tickets once they saw the support.

The previous slane lists should not build up peoples hopes. Those were slane, traditionally more like a festival line up at times, with loads of support acts. Most I would expect is 2 at croke park.
    The Stones have had AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Metallica and Pearl Jam as support in recent years.
    I posted last years support acts, nobody near that calibre, when were these? those acts sound like proper dual headliners, or at the very least would have been announced at the time of sale of tickets.

those 456euro script tickets were like gold dust!!

the likes of the script & ed sheeran had an easy time selling out croke park at such relatively low prices.

I really hope it is an older band/bands for support.

As I said before, hopefully the poor sales will force it. Liam Gallagher had Richard Ashcroft as support on his apparently poor selling malahide gig, though it seems he is supporting elsewhere too. But you could see in the thread many got tickets once they saw the support.

The previous slane lists should not build up peoples hopes. Those were slane, traditionally more like a festival line up at times, with loads of support acts. Most I would expect is 2 at croke park.

I posted last years support acts, nobody near that calibre, when were these? those acts sound like proper dual headliners, or at the very least would have been announced at the time of sale of tickets.
    The following is about the bigger bang tour of 2007:
    Artists playing as an introduction to the Stones at various destinations included Toots & the Maytals, Lifehouse, The Black Eyed Peas, Alice Cooper, Maroon 5, Beck, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Brooks & Dunn, Bonnie Raitt, Trey Anastasio, Dave Matthews Band, Living Colour, The Living End, Joss Stone, Nickelback, Buddy Guy, The Charlatans, Regina, Feeder, the John Mayer Trio, Wilco, Richie Kotzen and Our Lady Peace.

Dominican artist Juan Luis Guerra, opened their San Juan, Puerto Rico show making it the only Merengue artist that has ever opened for the Stones. This opening act "garnered the best reception ever seen at a Stones show", as reported by It's Only Rock and Roll, the Rolling Stones Fan Club of Europe.[18]

For the Halifax, Nova Scotia, show acts included Halifax natives Sloan, well known rap artist Kanye West and Alice Cooper. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened the show in Wichita and Missoula. Three Days Grace opened both concerts in Regina. Blue October opened for them in Nampa, Idaho.

The two shows in San Francisco were supported by Metallica, who said they were "honoured" to break a seventeen-year span of not performing an opening show, in order to open for the Stones. The Stones acknowledged this gesture by giving them 75 minutes per show, instead of the usual 45 to 60 minutes. They were also Metallica's only dates that year as they had planned to take 2005 off from touring.

Guns N' Roses were scheduled to open for the Stones for two dates in Germany, whilst on one of their Chinese Democracy Tour pre-legs. However, due to Keith Richards' fall from a tree, the shows were cancelled.

Van Morrison was the supporting act in Nijmegen, Netherlands as well as in Oakland, California.. Due to heavy rain his amps, etc. were getting wet, so he was forced to stop after two songs.

A bit about the Live Licks tour:

It's now official: AC/DC will support THE ROLLING STONES at three dates in Germany this June.

The details are as follows:

Jun. 13 - Oberhausen, GER @ O-Vision Park
    Jun. 20 - Leipzig, GER @ Festweise
    Jun. 22 - Hockenheim, GER @ Hockenheimring

AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm Young joined THE ROLLING STONES on stage last month at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney, Australia for a rendition of the B.B. KING blues classic "Rock Me Baby".

The intimate show at the 2,000 seater Enmore Theatre was the only small show the STONES were doing before they move on to larger stadiums and indoor arenas as part of the Australian leg of their Forty Licks tour.

Whatever your view on the stones, you have to admit they attract a high caliber of support acts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

70 euro standing back on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,122 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Prices for concerts here are bad enough, it's pretty scummy to show the cheapest tickets as sold out in order to force people to buy more expensive ones, and then sneak the cheap tickets back on sale periodically.

I have plenty of disposable income, and have never missed an act I really wanted to see over price, but I think it's approaching breaking point now. I'm a massive stones fan, but if I couldn't get my hands on standing I don't think I'd bother. I wouldn't pay €140 for a seat miles from the stage. Four concerts in Croke Park this summer and none of them sold out? I'd hope that sends some sort of message to the promoters but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Whatever your view on the stones, you have to admit they attract a high caliber of support acts

Not entirely sure of that - last time they played here, support acts were Frankie Gavin, Tinariwen, The Hold Steady and The Charlatans.

Not to say those aren't quality acts, but not quite on the same level as others mentioned here.

I think it depends on the promoter and what they are willing the spend on the support....and since this gig is far from sold out, I wouldn't hold my breath for AC/DC or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Tickets arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Imelda May is good pals with Ronnie Wood isn't she? I'd throw her name into the hat to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This was support last year, I think most were local acts.

09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

The poor sales might force them to get more than 1 support act, or a bigger name that would attract more to go. 1 date there had 2 acts, I wonder if there were poor sales for it.
    Rival Sons, Cage The Elephant and Leon Bridges are all American, Kaleo are Icelandic, and The Struts are English, so mostly international support, albeit hardly well-known names.
    I'd expect similar here tbh.
    if there's a local act, I could imagine someone like All Tvvins playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Support is a bonus!
    Why are people getting hung up about it!?

Were going to see THE ROLLING STONES!!!!

ticket didnt arrive yet for me ???

interesting thread here- https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2533233

These guys have more money than sense ??

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

ticket didnt arrive yet for me ???

Mine arrived today. I'd say give it another few days, they seem to be spread out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Conchir wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. I'd say give it another few days, they seem to be spread out a bit.
    I'd say another few weeks at least, it's still over a month away...

• Advertisement

I'd say another few weeks at least, it's still over a month away...

I got the collectors ticket so prob take a bit longer

Sometimes TM send out tickets fairly quick and other times only a few weeks before the event. Still waiting on my Dublin u2 ticket and a event for July obv a bit away

Advertisement