Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Morrison J wrote: »
    Imelda May is good pals with Ronnie Wood isn't she? I'd throw her name into the hat to support.

Did she have one of his kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gates open at 7pm ??

Support- 7.30-8.15
    RS- 8.30- 10.15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

dasdog wrote: »

These lads supporting ??

Doesn't sound too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No regular standing on sale, pit B are now showing on the regular page.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/the-rolling-stones-dublin-05-17-2018/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?artistid=5230386&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52&did=elaserp

Section GOLD
    Ticket + Collector Ticket at additional 6.95 per ticket
    €181.00 ea
    Section PITB
    Ticket + Collector Ticket at additional 6.95 per ticket
    €456.00 ea
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gates open at 7pm ??

Support- 7.30-8.15
    RS- 8.30- 10.15

where did you see this?

My ticket says gates at 5pm, which would allow for 2 or even 3 supports if they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

These lads supporting ??

Doesn't sound too bad

I saw them with the Stone Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

These lads supporting ??

Doesn't sound too bad

The only time I have seen these live is when they warmed up for Tiny Tempah at a Vodafone promo gig. Wrong band for that crowd altogether, they played a really good set it the crowd kept calling out for Tiny. At the end the lead singer got thick, said something like "Hes on his ****ing way" and knocked over two mic stands before storming off. Not 30 seconds later he had to come back on and tidy up all his equipment and got a huge cheer, really took the impact out of the strop!

But anyway, they put on a pretty good show. I think the strypes are probably in with a shout too - they would fit in with the RS and would also put on a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

The only time I have seen these live is when they warmed up for Tiny Tempah at a Vodafone promo gig. Wrong band for that crowd altogether, they played a really good set it the crowd kept calling out for Tiny. At the end the lead singer got thick, said something like "Hes on his ****ing way" and knocked over two mic stands before storming off. Not 30 seconds later he had to come back on and tidy up all his equipment and got a huge cheer, really took the impact out of the strop!

But anyway, they put on a pretty good show. I think the strypes are probably in with a shout too - they would fit in with the RS and would also put on a good show

The Strypes would be a perfect fit. Great band too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

villa2008 wrote: »
    The Strypes would be a perfect fit. Great band too.

Saw them support support liam gallagher last year for the first time since they broke out. Thought they were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

GA standing tickets again available.

• Advertisement

1 month to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Greg81 wrote: »
    GA standing tickets again available.

My take on this is that they must be realizing that no-one wants to pay 200 quid for 'merch' and they're diverting tickets away from the ridiculous premium packages and into regular tickets - which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I’ve never been to croke park before. Travelling from the north to the gig, hope to arrive mid-late afternoon. Does anyone know if any premises nearby will offer parking facilities?

I’ve never been to croke park before. Travelling from the north to the gig, hope to arrive mid-late afternoon. Does anyone know if any premises nearby will offer parking facilities?

https://crokepark.ie/getting-here/match-concert-parking

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Word has it that Florence and the Machine are supporting the Stones in London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

The Irish Sun can exclusively reveal singer Mick Jagger will be holed up in a VIP suite at a top hotel in the capital.

wow, I would have assumed they were going to just share a hostel room!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

[/URL]
    wow, I would have assumed they were going to just share a hostel room!

Huge news indeed. I assumed they were going to stay in the North Star Hotel on Amiens St. Pop into Dealz for some cut price bog roll, maybe Guineys for some socks and then lunch in the Wok On Inn for a chicken chow mein.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

"limited" :pac:
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    6 mins ·

Due to confirmation of stage and production details a limited number of extra standing and seated tickets are being released for The Rolling Stones at Croke Park on 17 May. Tickets extra tickets will go on sale Monday 23 April at 9am. https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/?p=7817

• Advertisement

According to the their production guy, they are going to play for about two and a half hours. He also said Croke Park would be the longest set list of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

"limited" :pac:

The vip tickets that suckers did not buy!!!

Possibly getting no support act if there planning to do a longer set

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Possibly getting no support act if there planning to do a longer set

Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

corm500 wrote: »
    According to the their production guy, they are going to play for about two and a half hours. He also said Croke Park would be the longest set list of the tour

I'd say that they would say anything to sell the rest of the tickets left.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'd say that they would say anything to sell the rest of the tickets left.

The data seems to back up his statement. Looking at setlist.com. The stones tend to play their longest set on the first date of their tours. I suppose they are checking out what songs work and which ones don’t. Our gain anyhow. We might get a few buried pearls thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

corm500 wrote: »
    I suppose they are checking out what songs work and which ones don’t.

I reckon its more so people go "oh look they play loads of songs Ill buy a ticket for this tour".

And then get skanked with a shorter set.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hi guys, I received two tickets for this concert as a present. Now the person who purchased them has their name on the tickets. They are not physical ones, just printed out. I probably won't be able to attend due to work commitments, is there any point in trying to sell them (at face value of course) or should I just re-gift them back to who bought them? I would love to go but realistically won't be able so the second best option would be to let a genuine fan go if possible.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Hi guys, I received two tickets for this concert as a present. Now the person who purchased them has their name on the tickets. They are not physical ones, just printed out. I probably won't be able to attend due to work commitments, is there any point in trying to sell them (at face value of course) or should I just re-gift them back to who bought them? I would love to go but realistically won't be able so the second best option would be to let a genuine fan go if possible.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

I dont think tickets for this gig are ones that require ID unless there the Fan club lucky dip ones ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    I reckon its more so people go "oh look they play loads of songs Ill buy a ticket for this tour".

And then get skanked with a shorter set.

Yes ,the usual Irish bull,We love Ireland,always wanted to start the tour here etc.
    They love Ireland so much that they are playing here on a Thursday ,as Mick is going to the royal wedding on the Saturday.

It must be Monday already as Standing are back on sale .

Advertisement